maintenance of Vision CE5 eGo Clearomizers

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ckimura, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

I got a few of these clearomizers: Vision CE5 eGo Clearomizer (Clear) [VISCE5EGOCLEAR] - $5.99 : and i'm very pleased with the performance. great vapor production, decent taste, always a good throat hit (sometimes depending on the juice). Down to my real question: how to clean and maintain this item. I have tried soaking in coke, then washing in water, and then dry burning. I saw a youtube video that said soaking in coke was a great way to clean atomizers, however after doing the previously mentioned process, my vapor production has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down. Did I ruin my clearomizer? Or is there hope for me yet.

2. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

Answering my own question: I fixed the vapor production by blowing out the hole with some canned air (not sure if that was safe to do), but I'm still getting a distinctly burnt juice taste that I tried to fix by cleaning it.

3. sanman969

sanman969 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I do about the same as you. I do soak the atomizer head in vodka for a few minutes, then rinse with water. I blow out the water and then dry burn a few times before putting it all back together.

4. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

hmmm, okay. how often do you do this? and what should i do about that burned juice taste that im still getting?

5. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I clean mine every 2 days with PGA. First remove drip tip, next remove small silicon cap with metal tube. Soak for 2 hours in PGA. Rinse in water. You could then dry burn but I allow them to dry overnite. After dry burn re install silicon cap/ metal tube. Next time buy the newer rebuildable long wick Stardusts. You have the older short model. Have rebuilt one but not worth the time. Realize also you have a short wick and every so often you must tilt the clearo to keep the wick saturated.

6. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

sweet, thanks!!! im under 21, so is there some other solvent i could use?

7. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Not advised to use anything other than PGA or high proof vodka. I had to have a friend bring me some from Quebec as it's illegal in Ontario. After 5 posts wait 1 hr for ECF servers to reset and someone here may be able to help with cleaning them
    Location Specific
    Good Luck.

8. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

okay, i'l just have a friend buy me some high proof vodka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.