Make up my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Nice profile pic, Snugglepooter!!
Steer clear of the T3, and the inax. T3 could have been a terrific concept. But trying to attach the pos lead to that ring around the wick--you attach then you just keep spinning until the atty falls apart in your hands. They hardly ever ohm out, either. Real bummer.I feel that the inax is just unsafe. The little springs for the top lead dont stay attached. The post actually glows, oxidises, then softens.Now if they had a fastener like the Nextgen, and a ss post, maybe id like the inax.
Origen seems like a good genny. I dont have one, because im not a fan of those globs on the deck that are supposed to dense up the vape. But it seems otherwise like a good atty.
Rsst and Aga Ts are good attys to hone skills, and they can take some abuse.(Mine have seen abuse..).
Im getting some fun clones from FT to play with..Sat22, Dome, Foggatti, Nextgen (cant wait for that one!!)
Aga gennys and the Standard Did are my daily setups.Nuts are a pain. I have two sets of needlenose pliers.

Last edited:

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
The hcigar Sat22 is pretty nice, I've been happy with mine for the price.

As many others have said, a good cheap starter is the pyrex RSST. First genny I used and I still keep it around drilled out when I feel like a bigger cloud.

Daily I end up using my DID the most.

Both the DID and RSST were far easier for me to get going the way I liked than the Sat22 but ymmv.

Reactions: Vaslovik

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Daily I end up using my DID the most.

Both the DID and RSST were far easier for me to get going the way I liked than the Sat22 but ymmv.

All I use anymore are my two DID's. I still have 4 RSST's, 2 Krakens, an AGA-T2, a Z-Atty U, and assorted other gennies, but the DID's are what I've settled on.

Snugglepooter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Upstate NY
Sat22 received, washed and built. Running like a champ, but I do have to remember the 'genny tilt' with my .5Ω coil!

Boy, this thing is tight. Good thing I'm a MTL guy.

I'm turning my eye to the Origenny next. I know yours leaked, Vaslovik, but seems like you were the odd girl out. Most reviews don't mention that problem.

Thanks as always for the great advice, ECF folks!

ETA: Yes, I'll get an RSST too, just to shut you guys up...

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Sat22 received, washed and built. Running like a champ, but I do have to remember the 'genny tilt' with my .5Ω coil!

If your genny is set up right you should not have to tilt it. I coil for .7 ohm and never have to tilt to get it to wick, and that's with 400 mesh. If you do encounter wicking issues you might want to try 325 mesh. What gauge kanthal are you using?

As for the leaking, maybe I just got a bad one, I don't know. Maybe I need to get the authentic.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
# 26 on the wire, 500 for the mesh. Did I mention that I like a challenge...?

Hee hee! Go for it! So I'm thinking you are maybe doing a 5/4 wrap? I use 26 kanthal too, in a 6/5 wrap that gets me .7 ohm in my DID's, but of course the resistance is going to depend on the diameter of your coil and wick. 500 mesh is finer than I'm using, but should work if your VG isn't too high. I'm using 60 PG/40 VG, and 400 mesh is working just dandy for me. You are coiling a bit hotter than I am, but play around with it and see what works best for you.

Snugglepooter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Upstate NY
I've got 65/35 in it now, and the 500 keeps up if I tilt. I used Jong Yeol Kim's 'wick in wick,' but I think the outer shell is too short. The end of the outer roll sits above the juice level when the tank is level.

It's an Origenny video, but he does a similar wick in his Sat22 vids - I like the 1-piece design better. He rolls the wick in the first few minutes. And no, he doesn't speak a word during the entire video. I like this guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread