ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
Texas

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Interesting. I'd like to know if the tobacco companies that already have vaping products out have done any lay offs.
They, too, have vaping products already on the market. Both are cig-alikes. One is very much like the old Kimree X3 (but an improvement). It's actual cigarette size. The other is about the size of the short kr808-d. I've tried both, and I like using the smaller one, once in a while. The bigger one has too tight a draw.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
They, too, have vaping products already on the market. Both are cig-alikes. One is very much like the old Kimree X3 (but an improvement). It's actual cigarette size. The other is about the size of the short kr808-d. I've tried both, and I like using the smaller one, once in a while. The bigger one has too tight a draw.

Ah, thanks for that info. I assumed that they're very late to the vape game and didn't have any products out yet. I have to be the most uninformed vaper here in regards to cigalikes.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Just a Hypothetical Question:

If you were in a Position of Power in a BT company, wouldn't you have some PMTA's ready to go?

;)

Interesting :) BT is not a monolithic group of company's with respect to the deeming. Each of the members of BT may have different products currently on the market or no products on the market. Since humans make these decisions they are always subject to personell views, opinions, goals, and biases. With your indulgence let me narrow the issue and I will pretend that I'm calling the shots for Vuse which is a RJR sub.

First things first. Before we submit our PMTA. My K street lobbyists are working over time and I'm hurling money like it's pasta to shape the legislation to suit my own business plan. Were talking to the FDA via back channels and trying to insure that the politicians are also on our side. We have outside very high powered attorneys already on retainer along with our own dozens of in house attorneys reading and trying to find loopholes that best fit our own business plan. We also have qualified scientists already on retainer to complete the time consuming and necessary "studies" that are required for PMTA. Since we currently offer 6 flavors one of our goals is to insure that we can continue to market all 6 flavors. Our packaging and our "warning" has already been looked at by our contacts at the FDA. Were prepared for minor tweaks and our TV spots have been carefully crafted to comply with what we currently think and have been "told" will be compliant. We also continue to shape the "commercial free speech" intended use proviso since we have seen FDA change their mind. We want a closed system since that's are current business plan. Were also hedging our bets and have placed "feelers" for purchase of other company's with more advanced gear. Were quite confident that their will be some "fire sales" and since we have buckets and buckets of cash we want to position ourselves as a controlling party for some of our competition. Were also looking at the IP angle and if we could purchase the patent for say VW we are and will explore this option. Ten millon for this is a drop in the bucket. Chump change! Were prepared to spend whatever it takes and that may well be over one hundred millon dollars!

We guestimate that it will be at least one year before we submit our PMTA. What's the rush? We've already shaped and finagled for a 24 month period of time before we must submit. We may even decide to wait longer and "see" what our competition does and react if necessary.

PLEASE remember, I'm pretending and not engaging in a moral, ethical, or legal debate on this issue.

Thank you!
:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

We guestimate that it will be at least one year before we submit our PMTA. What's the rush? We've already shaped and finagled for a 24 month period of time before we must submit. We may even decide to wait longer and "see" what our competition does and react if necessary.

PLEASE remember, I'm pretending and not engaging in a moral, ethical, or legal debate on this issue.

Thank you!
:)

I Don't see an Advantage to Waiting to submit a PMTA(s). Because if I was BT, I would be Exerting ALL of the Power/Influence I have to make the "Grace Period" as Short as Possible.

There is No Guarantee that there will be a 2 Year Grace Period on Hardware. And Many feel that the "Grace Period" for e-Liquid sales will be Considerably Shorter.

There could also be a Supply Vacuum when e-Liquids are Deemed a Tobacco Product. Because All the Requirements to sell Tobacco will go into effect Automatically. And Many e-Liquid OEM's may Not be able to Fully Comply.

There is also that Pesky Face-2-Face Sales only thing. That could be a Real Wrench in the System.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I wonder how much of this investment will go toward controlling the market via new laws & regulations.
I was just thinking the same thing; along with what I was reading on here earlier something about the Gov't attempting to ban RDA's & Nic in favor of the Pre loaded Cigalites. Now I'm going to have to find that Thread and read into it further.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I was just thinking the same thing; along with what I was reading on here earlier something about the Gov't attempting to ban RDA's & Nic in favor of the Pre loaded Cigalites. Now I'm going to have to find that Thread and read into it further.

Just because they ban the SALE of them, doesn't mean we have to stop using them. I'd like to see them try! They can have my RDAs when they pry 'em from my cold dead hands! And they'll have to face my husband's shotgun to get to my nic in the freezer!

Andria

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know they do, but are they big money makers? I've never even tried one.

They are kinda what you would Expect from a Cig-a-like.

If you didn't know any better, they would be OK. And I'm sure some could Switch by using one. But, of course, they can Not Hold their Own in Todays Unregulated Market.

But more Importantly to someone like RJ Reynolds, the Vuse has Features that are Most Likely to be Favorable to PMTA Approval.

VUSE – Digital Vapor Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread