Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
IMG_1955_zps8zimynqt.jpg

Need to find an enclosure for these.

:lol:

Not really...I am making my first mod though. I've got everything (enclosure, mosfets, resistors, 510, switch, etc) I need except the wire. I've spent about three weeks researching and planning but everywhere I look, people say something different.

So what's your opinion? Solid or Stranded? 14, 16, 18 gauge?

The mod I'm making is designed for only one rda (it's going to be a recessed into the enclosure, it's a 16mm rda) normally built between 1 and 1.5 ohms.

Since this is my first mod, I want the easiest wire to work with, while not affecting performance all that much. I've done a lot of soldering, but not in such a small space.

Any other advice or tips would be appreciated. It'll be nice to hear your guys opinions. Thanks is advance.

Reactions: bsidb

david4500

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
16g stranded silicone insulated wire should work out nicely for you. For higher current connections to the 510, batteries, mosfet source & drain.
The gate of the mosfet & fire switch will be low current, you can use 24g wire there.

Here are two links to an Ebay shop I've ordered from in the past:

Super Flexible 16AWG Red & Black High Temp Silicone Wire 6ft, US Seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UL3239-Supe...50C-Silicone-Wire-6ft-US-Seller-/252459926585

Fatdaddyvapes also sells silicone insulated wire. They used to have 16g, now 14g instead is available.

david4500

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Duplicate Post deleted per OP request
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread