Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrkos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.vaporpipeline.com
I believe I am having the same problem with my Boge Leo batteries. I have eliminated all other options I can think of.

I have blown quite a few batteries they work fine then all of the sudden they power on full and wont shut off. I have to unscrew the atty.

The switch isn't stuck and the battery charges but any atty I put on that battery just sizzles till I remove it. Does the Leo use the Mosfet like the eGo?

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I just had a similar problem. My ego type batts are 900 mah. I had just received a mega dual coil carto and filled it with its 3.5 ml of juice. No leaking so screwed it into the batt I had been using for some time and it fired smoked like a charm for a minute when I discovered it started firing and didn't stop. I had to unscrew it to stop. I figured it was the batt, now 4 months old so I screwed in the second batt. fully charged, checking for a leak first and bam killed the second batt. dead as it fired, not stopping. I switched to an atty and cart and nothing. I charged the 1st batt. and the light never turned blue but reddish blue and never worked again nor the second. Good thing I had my backup. I will post what the supplier says when I hear back. I expect the mosfet chip as well but why to both batts???
I still don't know what caused the problem but was either the mosfet chip or lr carto but will be warry of lr anything and the good news is my vendor replaced both batts free. I must say Modern vapor ROCKS!!! My batts were 4 months old and I feel they mwere more than fair to replace both. Don't hesitate to order from them!!

Everyone needs a digital meter in order to measure the ohms of the atty or carto. Harbor Freight has one for $3.00 that works fine. I had a bad tank carto on an EGO W that killed two 1100 mah batteries. My Riva 510 just had a atty short but the batteries are OK. They blink 3 times to tell you the atty is bad but they work fine with a good atty. Unfortunately we are pioneering this technology, sort of like having to buy a new computer every few years.

Saviorself

Mar 9, 2011
Las Vegas
This just happened to me and more than likely my LR 306 atty was the culprit since it was a 1.5v. I heard that LR atties could burn out quicker but not ruin your eGO battery. Sucks that I can only vape 100% VG liquids dur to the allergy I get from vaping anything with PG. Now I'm cautiously vaping on my 510 usb passthrough til I get paid to buy another battery and 1.8v atties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread