Manual Passthrough/Battery Review/Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I just wanted to start this thread because I feel it is important for people to know and understand this. Some suppliers might not like this thread, but I feel it needs to be said.

We all know the new manual 901 batteries and passthroughs are coming out. Some suppliers have received some shipments of them already and some are awaiting them. Rumor has it that orders already out all have NON sealed batteries and passthroughs. Rumor has it that the Chinese are supposed to fix this and more batches will be coming out that ARE sealed.

My personal recommendation is that I will NOT purchase NON sealed batteries or passthroughs unless I want to seal them myself with caulking or soldering them, and I do not wish to. My recommendation is to ask the supplier you intend on buying from the quesion if they are sealed or not sealed before purchasing so you can make an educated and informed decision.

You will waste a lot of money buying these because it is inevitible that juice will leak in them and the switches will indeed stick.

I have the brand new manual 901 passthrough and I LOVE the manual switch. I do not drip. I am very careful. In less than 5 days using it, my switch is stuck now and it fried my atomizer. The light just stays on, which means stuck switch. The manual switch is WAY more awesome and powerful, but without them being sealed, we are no further ahead in stuck switches and problems with these just like the automatic ones. No difference.

So anyhow, just a word of caution to anyone not understanding this. IMO it is a waste of money to invest in these things unless you plan to seal them yourself or you buy them sealed.

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
No problems with this one after a week. I always fill my carts from the bottom with a pipette.

3622885840_ccbf7d3a37.jpg

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Thanks for the info, Lucky, I just came here to find out about the manual 901 because I found some on UK eBay but a little voice in my head told me I'd seen something about problems. I believe that PureSmoker are bringing out a manual passthru that will be failsafe and very well made, Simon (e-cigs.co.uk) is taking advance orders @ £20+.

I need something to tide me over until my Janty Stick gets replaced and all my 901 batteries are dying :( (or DOA, like 3 that arrived blinking brightly even as I unpacked them 8-o ).

scylla (struggling bravely on tobacco-free)

kabomb

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Lititz, Pa
I have both sealed and unsealed passthroughs. I have no problem with liquid leaking into PT. I have a big problem with the sealed PT. It does not hit or wick as good as the unsealed one. There is a huge difference in draw, vapor production and throat hit (better air flow, I believe). I am on a mission to find the unsealed ones.

Betty3539

Nov 7, 2009
Florida
I'm brand new to this forum. Your thread caught my eye, because I have had six 901 batteries die on me since August. Two were manual. One manual battery I'm sure I killed when I tried cleaning the threads with alcohol. It never vaped or charged again.

I haven't had the problem with the 510 batteries. Am I just unlucky or is there some defect in the 901 batteries.

I've had no problems with the atomizers. Only killed one, since I switched to e cigarettes on June 25. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 57 years, so I do vape frequently.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Am I just unlucky or is there some defect in the 901 batteries.

Welcome, Betty :)

I've had loads of duff 901 batteries. I bought 3 stainless steel ones that were all blinking even as I took them out of the Jiffy bag, others that were DOA without such obvious signs, and others that lasted only a week or two. Quality control in China is not all it should be.

If you can bear to leave behind the "real ciggie look-alike", I would recommend you go for a "mod", some of them take 901 atties. I'm currently using either the Greek Nano or Trog's Screwdriver, and a passthru from Garry Dibley when I'm on my notebook. Apart from a batch of poor atties I am very settled and not constantly worried about hardware not working.

Oh! and a large-ciggy look-alike is the Creator battery with Cartomisers, the latter being a combined atty and cartridge. That's quite reliable and a good vape. (The Creator may be called something different in the US, they do like to keep us guessing ;) )

I didn't check where you are based :confused:

I've been vaping for over a year and finally don't have to keep buying and buying and buying 8-o

scylla :)

Vapen8

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I have an auto PT for my 901. Got it yesterday. Love it. I have a 901 manual PT comming in from the houseofvapor.com
Its stainless steel. Where'd you get yours?:confused:
I just wanted to start this thread because I feel it is important for people to know and understand this. Some suppliers might not like this thread, but I feel it needs to be said.

We all know the new manual 901 batteries and passthroughs are coming out. Some suppliers have received some shipments of them already and some are awaiting them. Rumor has it that orders already out all have NON sealed batteries and passthroughs. Rumor has it that the Chinese are supposed to fix this and more batches will be coming out that ARE sealed.

My personal recommendation is that I will NOT purchase NON sealed batteries or passthroughs unless I want to seal them myself with caulking or soldering them, and I do not wish to. My recommendation is to ask the supplier you intend on buying from the quesion if they are sealed or not sealed before purchasing so you can make an educated and informed decision.

You will waste a lot of money buying these because it is inevitible that juice will leak in them and the switches will indeed stick.

I have the brand new manual 901 passthrough and I LOVE the manual switch. I do not drip. I am very careful. In less than 5 days using it, my switch is stuck now and it fried my atomizer. The light just stays on, which means stuck switch. The manual switch is WAY more awesome and powerful, but without them being sealed, we are no further ahead in stuck switches and problems with these just like the automatic ones. No difference.

So anyhow, just a word of caution to anyone not understanding this. IMO it is a waste of money to invest in these things unless you plan to seal them yourself or you buy them sealed.

Betty3539

Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Welcome, Betty :)

I've had loads of duff 901 batteries. I bought 3 stainless steel ones that were all blinking even as I took them out of the Jiffy bag, others that were DOA without such obvious signs, and others that lasted only a week or two. Quality control in China is not all it should be.

If you can bear to leave behind the "real ciggie look-alike", I would recommend you go for a "mod", some of them take 901 atties. I'm currently using either the Greek Nano or Trog's Screwdriver, and a passthru from Garry Dibley when I'm on my notebook. Apart from a batch of poor atties I am very settled and not constantly worried about hardware not working.

Oh! and a large-ciggy look-alike is the Creator battery with Cartomisers, the latter being a combined atty and cartridge. That's quite reliable and a good vape. (The Creator may be called something different in the US, they do like to keep us guessing ;) )

I didn't check where you are based :confused:

I've been vaping for over a year and finally don't have to keep buying and buying and buying 8-o

scylla :)
Thanks for responding scylla. It took me this long to find my way back to this thread.
I just had another 901 go bad on me after only 2 days. I only used new cart's and I
blew it out and drained the atomizer both nights. Yesterday, I took the battery
off the charger in the morning screwed on the atomizer went to get a cart, but got waylaid for 20 minutes or so, when I picked it up again it and the atomizer were red hot.
Fried the battery and the atomizer. I can't imagine how the battery (no button) could have activated by itself. Scared me, because it got real hot.

I have a Prodigy and a Adaptever. Haven't tried the Adaptever yet, still waiting for the battery to ship from China. Could'n't find one at Radio Shack.

Think I'll stick with my 510. Obviously I don't get along well with the 901..Although I have to give the 901 points for getting me off the analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread