many people said like this,

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Healthy is exercising, eating plenty of vegetables and lean protein :)

vaping offers significant harm reduction over smoking, but I'm quite sure neither is best.

Breathing second hand vapor is not harmful to others based on current studies.

Welcome to ECF :). And :thumbs: for communicating in English. I'm very impressed :)

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
[edited]

it is vapor, just not water vapor
it is more harmful than breathing air, but much more safe than cigarettes
there have been a few studies that prove that second hand vapor is not harmful for bystanders
nicotine by itself is as harmful as coffee

on a personal belief I think that nicotine is the safest ingredient in eliquid, followed but PG, VG and flavoring in that order

Last edited by a moderator:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
OP: I understand what you are trying to say but to what point?

Read this article below & thousands just like it via Google. Diet Soda is probably more deadly than vaping if you want to educate on a cause.

Lastly, remember we are not switching from healthy free water to a "diet coke". We are switching from expensive hundred+ chemical cigarettes that makes money through taxation to Vegetable & Proplylene glycerin. I'm suspicious who is looking out for my best interest.

Aspartame: The Most Dangerous Substance on the Market

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
i can give you some links but it written by korean.
maybe googling will give you proper answer.

If you are going to make any claims, you should be the one providing the credible information. I can google to my heart's content and get completely different information that you claim.

drksideken

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Syracuse, IN, USA
I see where your going with this OP. We as vapers shouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security when it comes to ecigs anymore than people were when smoking was the thing to do waaaay back in the day. Even doctors used to tell people smoking was good for them. The truth of the matter is that people haven't been vaping long enough to know much of anything concerning the long term impact vaping has on peoples bodies. Who's to say that 20 years down the road we won't see a bunch of vapers showing up with one disease or another that gets linked to vaping conclusively. Without a doubt vaping is safer for people, but the question still remains as to exactly how much safer. I'm all for vaping and vapers rights to do so, but it really is a do at your own risk thing to do. The good news is that the more we learn about the science of e-cigs through people like Dr. F., the more advances can be made to make them even healthier than they are now.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
then if you vape around people, the e-cig smoke can harm other people.

so vapers need to beware these fact well.

I respect your opinions and particularly agree with the quote above.

Though there is as yet no concrete evidence that second-hand (let alone first hand) vapor poses a health risk, I do believe that if you vape around people who are averse to the idea of vaping, it can cause them mental duress. Assuming such a state of mind can be a catalyst for other health problems, it stands to reason that vaping could be included in a "chain of adversity" leading to health issues related to mental duress.

Though there is as yet no conclusive proof that vaping plays a role in such "chain reaction" health issues, we as vapers need to be aware that this possibility exists.

I'd be highly interested in links to any information, scientific or otherwise, originating from Korea that you'd care to provide. Language is not an issue; I have translating resources at my disposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
You see, you are giving a link to a pseudo-scientific findings which are even less truthful than a lot of studies about e-cigs. Why do you need it?
It is exactly the same story about aspartame and e-cigs - "activists" demonized them, public believes them.

Correct - As I drink my diet Coke by choice, taking my risk. The point is there is way more facts on the dangers of many of other things to go harp on beside e-cigs safety. I thought my water vs. aspartame vs. a cig vs. e-liquid comparison (meaning where to go spend ones energy on a "cause") was pretty smooth :)

Snugglepooter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Upstate NY
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Wrong. PG has been used in asthma inhalers since the 1950's and is used in hospital air fresheners for its antiseptic/antimicrobial properties. VG is used in fog machines. Show me one instance where hundreds of millions/billions of people over decades have been harmed from inhaling these.

Didn't you hear?. Back in the 70' there was an epidemic of disco lung lol

I'm guessing parts are lost in translation, but the OP is stating ecigs are not WATER vapor like a few brands claimed early on,

Reactions: caramel

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I think there are definitely still questions regarding the "safety" of ecigs, especially in regards to flavoring.

Unless you're vaping purely unflavored juice, there is definitely more there than just propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and nicotine. Pretending that ecig juice doesn't have any other chemicals or substances in them is just that, PRETENDING.

Now, we know for certain that some flavorings do contain chemicals that are harmful when inhaled. Diacetyl (butter flavoring) is known to cause irreparable lung damage, and has also been linked to alzheimers. Diacetyl substitutes such as pentanedione, acetyl propionyl, and acetoin may be equally if not more harmful when inhaled. Yet there are dozens of different juice flavors on the market that contain these chemicals. To my knowledge there isn't a single study that says the flavorings used in ecig juice are safe to inhale, and the vast majority have never been tested for inhalation safety.

Then there is the possibility of an allergic reaction, either in yourself or in a person who breathes your vapor second hand. Someone with a severe nut allergy may have a serious reaction to your vapor if you're using a natural nut flavor. Someone with an anise allergy could experience the same. You could send someone to the hospital with a life threatening allergic reaction to your vapor with the right flavorings if they have a severe allergy to them.

And rather than asking for studies to prove that ecig flavoring is harmful to be inhaled, why don't you try coming up with some that say they aren't? I probably can't find a scientific study that says if you are isolated in a pure nitrogen environment that you'll die, but if you are, you will. If you want to claim they are safe then the onus is on you to prove it. Otherwise be honest and admit the health risks are unknown and may very well be hazardous to yourself and others. We all assume that it's safer than smoking, but that's really just an assumption, not a proven fact.

Reactions: Bigflyrodder

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That's a good point, but they describe their organization as Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association. So, they promote other smokefree alternatives other than just being pro-vaping. The studies listed on their site are legit and up to date.

Last edited:

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
it is more harmful than breathing air, but much more safe than cigarettes

I think that depends on where you are. If you are standing in smog filled Los Angeles, or China, or near a burn pit in Iraq/Afghanistan, then you are probably taking in far more dangerous toxins from the outside air than vaping will ever give you. I think I read a report once that the vapors from microwave popcorn can cause cancer or something.

If we are going to discuss banning things in ecigs because they could do us harm, then we better ban dihydrogen monoxide. It is found in many juices, and is a byproduct of all vaping regardless of brand. That stuff will kill you quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread