bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Look it up, it's vapor.
it is vapor, just not water vapor
There is moisture in the pg, vg, flavoring and nicotine. It is not smoke. If it is not vapor, as you say, what is it?

Technically it's an aerosol, "a colloid suspension of solid particles or liquid droplets in air or other gas," not a true vapor which implies a gaseous form. "Vapor" is like the moisture in the air on a humid day; what comes out of our e-cigarettes is more like steam or fog (these are not true "vapors" either, but also suspensions of liquid droplets.)

Well, healthy and unhealthy need to be viewed in a context too.

Just read some news about New Delhi . Foreigners and local inhabitants who can afford if are leaving the city.
The air there has turned into a toxic chemicals mix that is barely breathable, let alone healthy.

Yet it is an offence to smoke in public there.

Go figure...
"Why yes the air here is barely breathable already, but let's make it worse by filling it up with more burning crap..." :smh:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Though there is as yet no concrete evidence that second-hand (let alone first hand) vapor poses a health risk, I do believe that if you vape around people who are averse to the idea of vaping, it can cause them mental duress
You got that right.

And those people can be very hard on my blood pressure.
When you follow the chain, there are all kinds of dangers involved in vaping.
;)

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

LLyuzaki

May 4, 2015
Anytime you put a substance into your lungs there is a potential for harm. Vaping is reduced harm, not harmless.

There is moisture in the pg, vg, flavoring and nicotine. It is not smoke. If it is not vapor, as you say, what is it?

The flavorings used are primarily food flavorings. The only food flavorings suitable for vaping are water soluble. Oil based flavorings should not be used because inhaling oil is not a good thing.

Not everyone has a problem with dryness when vaping. The moisture is taken from the mouth, not the throat.

The research on second hand vapor has been done. It is not a problem.

I hope you will continue to read and learn about vaping because your understanding of some basic concepts is incorrect.
nitrosamin ,FORMALDEHYDE and Acetaldehyde come from ecigs because of Imperfect combustion

you should googling about it.

LLyuzaki

May 4, 2015
To the OP:
Please provide us with a link (or links) to your information sources where you're getting your information.
'https://www.sciencenews.org/article/health-risks-e-cigarettes-emerge'
Health risks of e-cigarettes emerge | Science News
'http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/electronic-cigarettes'
E-Cigarettes: Health and Safety Issues

let's googling then you could face these news.

Last edited by a moderator:

LLyuzaki

May 4, 2015
Healthy is exercising, eating plenty of vegetables and lean protein :)

Vaping offers significant harm reduction over smoking, but I'm quite sure neither is best.

Breathing second hand vapor is not harmful to others based on current studies.

Welcome to ECF :). And :thumbs: for communicating in English. I'm very impressed :)

second hand vapor is sufficiently harmful to others if e-liquid contained any nicotine. seriously. thank!:rickroll:

LLyuzaki

May 4, 2015
I think that depends on where you are. If you are standing in smog filled Los Angeles, or China, or near a burn pit in Iraq/Afghanistan, then you are probably taking in far more dangerous toxins from the outside air than vaping will ever give you. I think I read a report once that the vapors from microwave popcorn can cause cancer or something.

If we are going to discuss banning things in ecigs because they could do us harm, then we better ban dihydrogen monoxide. It is found in many juices, and is a byproduct of all vaping regardless of brand. That stuff will kill you quick!

incomplete combustion can make several Carcinogens.

LLyuzaki

May 4, 2015
That's a good point, but they describe their organization as Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association. So, they promote other smokefree alternatives other than just being pro-vaping. The studies listed on their site are legit and up to date.
oh really? can you give me any link about it ? i want to have a look.

Reactions: Baditude

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
nitrosamin ,FORMALDEHYDE and Acetaldehyde come from ecigs because of Imperfect combustion

you should googling about it.

Those studies have been debunked as flawed. They were purposely rigged to produce the results that has been widely reported. Unfortunately, media outlets have long since stopped vetting their sources and will print anything sensationalized to further their agenda.

A tip.. Just because it's on the Internet doesn't necessarily make it true. ;)

Edited to add Dr Farsalinos' rebuttal.

The deception of measuring formaldehyde in e-cigarette aerosol: the difference between laboratory measurements and true exposure

Last edited:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Ok let me take the flak.

What we know so far:

Apart the carriers (PG, VG, water), all other substances found in e cigarette vapor were at least 10 times less than in cigarette smoke. The only "exception" was a fraudulent or incompetent study that found more formaldehyde - by using the e cigarettes in an abnormal way.

This means that if you're switching from smoking to vaping, your 20 cigarettes per day habit becomes a 2 cigarettes or less per day habit, from the point of view of the quantity of contaminants inhaled.

This is a worst case view - with the factor 10 selected as the worst that was ever put in evidence in a competent study with a correctly functioning e cigarette. In practice, the are frequent observations where the factor is 100-1000 depending on the substance.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
'https://www.sciencenews.org/article/health-risks-e-cigarettes-emerge'
Health risks of e-cigarettes emerge | Science News
'http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/electronic-cigarettes'
E-Cigarettes: Health and Safety Issues

let's googling then you could face these news.
Old data and research is used in the first source;
in the second, there are so many suppositions; so many, that they closed out people from posting comments ripping that article apart.

I hope you have something else, because these sources are weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ykalon

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I can see where the OP comes from, to someone that isn't in the vaping scene all the articles seem to be contradicting and mostly the bad ones seem to be thriving and it is really complicated to know who is telling the truth , and this happens not just in vaping but all over the place.

when this happens the way "I" try to find the truth is to look for the "real motives" of each side...

why are they trying to ban or demonize it??
Insight: E-cigarettes could stub out tobacco bonds sooner than thought - Yahoo News

and once you begin to look at the way the big industry (tobacco, pharma, food etc...) have done similar types of propaganda in their own segment the pieces will begin to fit.

if there is a problem you either try to patch again and again it or go to the source and understand why and solve it....

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Here's the page tran

So from the Korean, Google translate has this to say:

Electronic cigarette carcinogens, gas lines hwadoemyeon Acropolis ... stomatitis gingivitis caused a number
"The electronic cigarette carcinogens and hazardous been released.
9 days KBS1 broadcast in `` Consumer Reports dug for hidden truth of the electronic cigarette that is loved by many consumers, thanks to impressive non-smoking plans and dambaetgap the New Year right.
Some e-cigarettes met this day, `` Consumer Reports crew were suffering from a user and stomatitis, gingivitis, gum pain including esophagitis.
This crew was going for about three minutes in an enclosed space General inhale tobacco and electronic cigarettes each experiment 17 times and spits purchasing the electronic cigarette liquid nicotine and 10 kinds.
BRAMC concentrations of volatile organic compounds caused by fine dust results from the e-cigarette verify meter natatjiman relative to regular cigarettes, fine dust concentration was higher than normal cigarettes.
Following the results of the electronic cigarette nicotine solution undiluted proceed with the experiment did not detect the gas lines are carcinogens, such as the Acropolis nicotine solution is heated, vaporized as has been confirmed to be produced.
In particular, some nicotine vapor solution added impact appears to have been increased to the Acropolis line 10 times. In addition, the detection result carcinogenic aldehydes 10 products are representative carcinogen formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, arc lines were detected.
As well as the core component of glass fiber and for generating a vapor of the electronic cigarette Zernike-chrome lines turned out to be also adversely affect the human body.
Jeongyungyeong Sacred Heart Hospital, Professor, too, "glass fibers can be broken up as if to blow the dust touches the skin of the person causing contact dermatitis, and into the nose or mouth can cause sores or nasal salt" and "If you can get along with tobacco smoke As with other respirable dust in the lungs may cause effects on respiratory health, "he warned."

Seems like a flawed study to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread