Marketing to Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I have always dismissed the idea that vaping companies market to children, until I saw this on the website of a new B&M that is about 4 blocks from a local high school. I also looked up the company who makes these products. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this ad. I almost don't think I should post it, but I will let that mods decide what they want to do.
slide_3.jpg

Home - One Hit Wonder

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
There are many instances where business persons prioritize sales over other considerations. It is about morals.
But handing over ammunition to those who are attempting to shut down your business isn't going to help your bottom line. That is, if you're hoping to stay in it long term.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A UofM health survey group recently found most of the vaping kids they interviewed claimed there is no nic in their liquid. It makes sense if it's true. I'm convinced that what attracts kids to smoking or vaping is visual. Vaping beats smoking because the clouds are better, much better. If a kid vapes without nic what evil are we warning kids to avoid?

Long time smokers assume smoking is about nic and vaping is about getting nic in a safer way. Apparently that's not how kids are seeing it. So, let's see, kids shouldn't do cloud tricks with vaporized VG because it's, ummm.... because they will....ummm. Give me a little more time, I'll think of something, eventually, ummm...

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
A UofM health survey group recently found most of the vaping kids they interviewed claimed there is no nic in their liquid. It makes sense if it's true. I'm convinced that what attracts kids to smoking or vaping is visual. Vaping beats smoking because the clouds are better, much better. If a kid vapes without nic what evil are we warning kids to avoid?

Long time smokers assume smoking is about nic and vaping is about getting nic in a safer way. Apparently that's not how kids are seeing it. So, let's see, kids shouldn't do cloud tricks with vaporized VG because it's, ummm.... because they will....ummm. Give me a little more time, I'll think of something, eventually, ummm...

Yeah, but that's a whole other topic and one that can't really be addressed until vaping is here to stay for adults. At this point, until long term safety has been fully addressed, I don't think it should be legal for children to buy vaping supplies. But, if they are going to smoke or vape, I'd agree that the latter is a better option.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Nothing wrong with the idea, to me. If the next generation of decision-makers believes that non-nic vaping is okay, well...OKAY!

It just seems that the current decision-makers equate vaping to smoking. I wonder what was thought when gum came out. Well, I don't think we had a nanny state back then.

Going back to the original idea of marketing to kids, some business persons will market it to anyone, anything, anywhere if their is a profit in it today. They don't worry about any reactions to their action. They are getting their money today.

Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread