Mason RDA by Vapergate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaat

Sep 7, 2017
Does it have an adjustable center pin? I checked the box it came in and did not find an instruction manual, and I also checked google. When I fired it up the other day it caused the bottom of the center pin, where it connects to the top of the screw chamber, to heat up instead of the coils (and that's when I noticed the center pin was completely loose) so then I spun it around in a clockwise circle with ceramic tweezers and it felt like it tightened (hoping so) & now it seems to be hitting as expected again. If it's not adjustable, if someone could shoot me a video or guide on how to build on a Freakshow with only three pins, that would be a great bonus.

Reactions: Solaire

Kaat

Sep 7, 2017
I just realized I may have used the wrong question forum for this but not sure how to move it, sorry guys. :(
& I believe I found the answer anyway on their website though it doesn't flat out say not adjustable it does say, "Square center post in a square hole in a square peek insulator in a square deck hole ensures no spinning... ever." seems to me it is saying it is not supposed to be adjustable & not supposed to spin at all. Weird.

Last edited:

Kaat

Sep 7, 2017
I have the mason Gemini and it has a 2 piece adjustable 510 pin. I don't know if yours is the same or not.
Omg I'm so dumb, I didn't realize by loosening the 510 pin it completely loosened the positive pin on the deck. I loosened it so it could make a connection to the mod since I was getting "atomizer short" on my RX. WOW. Now that it's tightened, the positive pin is nice and sturdy and should not try to short me out!!! Hopefully the RX will let it make a connection without me having to loosen it again. Thank you!!!

Kaat

Sep 7, 2017
Okay so I did a new build for the mason so I could see if everything was fixed now after adjusting the 510 pin & I got the atomizer short message but after tons of fiddling I got it so my center pin remains tight, have it fire up, & there is no sparking where the positive pin connects with the deck. & no more jumps in ohms from that either so I finally feel safe to use it again! Yayyyyy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread