Read this! Massively important report on vaping from major British medical group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
This has been some time in the making...

Today, the Royal College of Physicians in the UK has released its review on vaping. It concludes that vaping should be widely promoted to smokers and that vaping has the potential to save millions of lives.

Last year, Public Health England laid out similar conclusions in a report that proved controversial, to say the least. This report should lay to rest those controversies and goes further, criticising the EU regulations which go into force this year.

I've written more at Vaping.com: Major UK medical body urges promotion of vaping to smokers | vaping.com

[EDIT]As others have pointed out, it was the RCP under the leadership of Sir Richard Doll, that first showed the association between lung cancer and smoking in 1962: Smoking and health (1962)

From the article on the 1962 report
It created a media storm at the time, with an ambivalent, even hostile response from some parts of the media, government and society. It marked, though, the RCP's enduring role in public health, both by advising governement and via its own publications and activities. Perhaps the strongest of all these has been five decades of action on tobacco control.

Plus ca change!

The story's being picked up by news media globally:

New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/health/e-cigarettes-vaping-quitting-smoking-royal-college-of-physicians.html

Times of London ($): Vaping Vindicated | The Times

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Good News about time. Might have been slow though they did acknowledge the TRUTH with such a highly recognized source "UK's Royal College of Physicians" the data will be looked at and used by others. Still have a battle in the States banning vaping has turned into political movement and an excuse to tax.

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    I hope it's enough to turn the tide, I'm so sick of the witch hunt.

My daughter in school (adult ed) is stuck with a bunch of ...... that gulped the kool-aid and are unbelievebly stupid about it, they'd rather smoke because according to their "info", vaping is the devil and worse than cigarettes.

Oliver

Admin
    Verified Member
    I hope it's enough to turn the tide, I'm so sick of the witch hunt.

My daughter in school (adult ed) is stuck with a bunch of ...... that gulped the kool-aid and are unbelievebly stupid about it, they'd rather smoke because according to their "info", vaping is the devil and worse than cigarettes.
    You're kidding?

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    Let's hope this makes the BMA (British Medical Association) change their view on e-cigs. (They're currently anti-vaping)

And although this is excellent news, there is still the discussion going on as to wherever vaping products should be prescribed via the NHS (they shouldn't). Also, how are we supposed to promote the use of vaping as an alternative to tobacco when the damned stupid TPD regulations outlaw such a thing from happening.

Reactions: nicnik

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    It's all good.

For me though, i just wish that the NHS would come forward on a regular basis, to the government as well as the public, to announce/provide real time statistics and data gathered from the numbers of people who have complained, or not, about their health pertaining to their use of electronic cigarettes. Rather than listening to independant studies, which i might add could be carried out by practically anyone, the government and the public could learn in real time what harm, if any, is actually being caused by electronic cigarettes.

And it's not just the NHS who could do this. Hospitals and Doctors surgeries the world over could constantly provide statistics which would give "everybody" some actual facts about how electronic cigarettes are affecting the general public at large.

How the British government can ingore the biggest public service department they have, whilst choosing to listen to independent studies instead, is just ridiculous. Even the European Parlaiment has no right ignoring this either. If i were the British Prime Minister i'd be kicking in Jean-Claude Juncker's office door and demanding that our NHS has a say about the decision for any restrictive legislation of electronic cigarettes in Britian. If no patients / members of the genereal public are complaining of ill health from the use of electronic cigarettes then there is no data to base restrictive legislation on.

Europe has Hospitals and Doctors surgeries too !.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Linu

Oliver

Admin
    Verified Member
    Let's hope this makes the BMA (British Medical Association) change their view on e-cigs. (They're currently anti-vaping)

And although this is excellent news, there is still the discussion going on as to wherever vaping products should be prescribed via the NHS (they shouldn't). Also, how are we supposed to promote the use of vaping as an alternative to tobacco when the damned stupid TPD regulations outlaw such a thing from happening.

The BMA is an trade association for doctors. They shouldn't even have a public facing opinion, let alone be listened to.

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    The BMA is an trade association for doctors. They shouldn't even have a public facing opinion, let alone be listened to.
    It doesn't stop them spouting off though, does it? ;)

And because they have "Medical" in their name people will listen to their :censored:

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    It's all good.

For me though, i just wish that the NHS would come forward on a regular basis, to the government as well as the public, to announce/provide real time statistics and data gathered from the numbers of people who have complained, or not, about their health pertaining to their use of electronic cigarettes. Rather than listening to independant studies, which i might add could be carried out by practically anyone, the government and the public could learn in real time what harm, if any, is actually being caused by electronic cigarettes.

And it's not just the NHS who could do this. Hospitals and Doctors surgeries the world over could constantly provide statistics which would give "everybody" some actual facts about how electronic cigarettes are affecting the general public at large.

How the British government can ingore the biggest public service department they have, whilst choosing to listen to independent studies instead, is just ridiculous. Even the European Parlaiment has no right ignoring this either. If i were the British Prime Minister i'd be kicking in Jean-Claude Juncker's office door and demanding that our NHS has a say about the decision for any restrictive legislation of electronic cigarettes in Britian. If no patients / members of the genereal public are complaining of ill health from the use of electronic cigarettes then there is no data to base restrictive legislation on.

Europe has Hospitals and Doctors surgeries too !.
    That won't happen as too many in the NHS are still anti-vaping. They still equate it with smoking. Heck, my local hospital trust, Guys and St Thomas', have banned vaping on their premises - even for inpatients!

Reactions: oliver

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    That won't happen as too many in the NHS are still anti-vaping. They still equate it with smoking. Heck, my local hospital trust, Guys and St Thomas', have banned vaping on their premises - even for inpatients!

It's not about opinions though is it !. It's about forwarding statistics, numbers, data. Something that can easily be done via official email to Jeremy Hunt and every other computer at the Department of Health. And while they're at it sent to Juncker and the entire European Government too.

Reactions: oliver

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    You're kidding?
    Wish I was, but like others are posting, the witch hunt has been ferocious and just like the vaccine (or anti-vacs) movement thing, people are jumping through it like crazy.. even my best friend has the whole "I read something on the internet about it being really bad" to which I've explained everything about it, but still he's sticking with "it's chemicals, can't be good, probably just as bad as cigarettes".

The "fear" has been burned in a LOT of people's skulls from all the freaking propaganda. They actually see it as worse than smoking.

So few can grasp what it is, and that this witch hunt has been about lost money to the taxation on cigarettes. (in my city alone, if 20% of smokers were to quit overnight, they'd lose PER WEEK over 1/2 a million in taxes, that's 48 millions per year for a very small city population)

That's what it's all about... that and a LOT of politicians have shares in tobacco companies.

What I find pathetic, is that they are fighting vaping with everything they have, but yet, are letting {other stuff} smoking be "legal" more and more. It's all about money and hypocrisy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    Kudos & BIG Salute to the Free-Thinking, Logically-Minded, Un-Biased, Honest, Common Sense-Approaching, Scientifically-inclined, Courageous, Doctoral Men & Women of the Esteemed & Renowned RCP of the UK :thumbs:
    It is just soooooo Damned refreshing to FINALLY hear & read TRUTH.
    Let's hope this proper and honest Assessment catches on like wild-fire snuffing out the Idiots, their Lunacy, and most of all their pernicious Agenda of Tyranny & Taxation.

The "Emperors of the Free-World" have been exposed to be nothing more than Naked & Asinine Demon-Clowns far more insidious and dangerous than any Electro-Mechanical Device or Food-Grade Liquid/Chemical ever imagined :nah:

The real Question is;,,,,,
    Will even this definitive Typhoon of Truth be sufficient and in time to turn the Red-Tide of the FDA & other filthy Legislative Leaches in the Land of the Indentured & Home of the Embattled?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread