Read this! Massively important report on vaping from major British medical group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I have read the full paper all 200 pages of it.

It is good but frankly is too little too late.

The EEC Regulations have been passed and any country not implementing them will have enforcement action taken against it, including heavy financial penalties.

We cannot have tanks larger than 2 mls, we cannot have e liquid stronger than 20. We have to buy it in max 10ml childproof bottles. We now have to have childproof tanks. Makers have to pay large sums to have their products certified. Some EEC countries have "Gold Plated" the legislation as it allows to impose further restrictions.

I am cynical about the timing of the release of this report.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The EEC Regulations have been passed and any country not implementing them will have enforcement action taken against it, including heavy financial penalties.

We cannot have tanks larger than 2 mls, we cannot have e liquid stronger than 20. We have to buy it in max 10ml childproof bottles. We now have to have childproof tanks. Makers have to pay large sums to have their products certified. Some EEC countries have "Gold Plated" the legislation as it allows to impose further restrictions.

I am cynical about the timing of the release of this report.

How can other countries be penalized?

And everything about these "rules" are just ridiculous.

I guess there's a LOT of the vaping world that's going to end up underground with such ridiculous limitations.

And yet, more and more governments are supporting the {Other stuff} movement... it's ok to get stoned, mess with your brain, but not to vape. But it's already set that the {Other stuff} is going to be taxes like cigarettes, so I guess that makes it ok.

Such derpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GranFumador

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
And yet, more and more governments are supporting the {Other stuff} movement... it's ok to get stoned, mess with your brain, but not to vape. But it's already set that the {Other stuff} is going to be taxes like cigarettes, so I guess that makes it ok.

Such derpage.

It's not ONLY about the tax money. It's about control and manipulation. People are much easier to control (and brainwash) when they're "under the influence".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GranFumador

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
It's not ONLY about the tax money. It's about control and manipulation. People are much easier to control (and brainwash) when they're "under the influence".

Agreed, but it's one heck of an incentive for governments to do what they are doing.

There's not a single thing about this being about people's health... everything done is nothing more than trying to get people to go back to smoking. It's been nothing but setting up barriers, complications, difficulties for the vaping industry.

Seriously, how can something that goes with "proven to be 95% better than cigarettes, and that last 5%, we're not sure and are clueless about it" (and that 5% is nothing but a safety buffer, where IF there is anything bad about vaping, it could be less than 1% in reality). Yet they demonize it.

Like I said earlier, the example of the people at my daughter's school are not turning to vape, even if they actually want to try it and want to quit smoking, the propaganda has won them over, they would rather keep smoking even though they know it's bad for them, they believe that vaping is worse and to be feared. Plus all the new laws coming out, makes them believe that vaping is going to end up destroyed or so complicated, that it's just simpler to stick with cigarettes.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
it's one heck of an incentive for governments to do what they are doing.

With reference to vaping, I agree. It's all about the money.

With reference to "other stuff", I believe it's more about making people easier to control than it is about the money. Although, the government never had a tax it didn't like. :evil:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Excellent stuff. I have shared all over the place. Hopefully, the UK can reverse its official stance. :nun:
Actually, the UK's official stance is (per PHE) that it's in favor of vaping products being used by smokers. Even Prime Minister Cameron spoke in their favor in parliament.

The problem is that there's a silly piece of EU legislation that comes into force on May 20th, and the UK must comply with it.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    On a personal note each and every one of us can NOW lay claim to the conspiracy theory argument now that "UK's Royal College of Physicians" has stepped up. Forces the opposition to listen to us and more important prevents them from shutting us out giving us a bigger voice than we ever had previous. Next time anyone of us stand in front of any political or rule giving entity we have proof that can be waved like a flag in front of they're faces - no more denying the facts VAPNG SAVES LIFES. - Hallelujah

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    It's not about opinions though is it !. It's about forwarding statistics, numbers, data. Something that can easily be done via official email to Jeremy Hunt and every other computer at the Department of Health. And while they're at it sent to Juncker and the entire European Government too.
    The problem is because vaping not a "medically approved" quit method any information they get from patients is classed as anecdotal and not empirical evidence. Anecdotal evidence is not admissible as proof of vaping's effectiveness.

The only NHS stop smoking service that I know of that will recommend vaping as an option is in Leicestershire. All the others will only offer Big Pharma products as a quit aid. And heaven forfend anyone deciding to use vape products for pleasure... "Ban them!!" :danger:

As far as groups such as the WHO/EU are concerned, tobacco use must be eradicated because it's "bad" (though a damned good source of income/taxation). They also consider nicotine = tobacco, therefore nicotine is also the enemy and must be defeated at any cost. A cost that includes the lives of current vapers and smokers yet to make the switch.

I love the way they claim its the nicotine that's highly addictive and not any of the other 300+ ingredients that they allow to be added to cigarettes o_O (some of which are specifically used to increase/speed up the "hit" received from smoking :rolleyes:)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    I get that, i do !.

My more fundamental point is that Hospitals experience every single ailment known to man. Their records will reflect that there are no cases of ill health caused by the use of electronic cigarettes.

It's the lack of data, statistics, which we should all be counting on.

It's simple. Hospitals and Doctors surgeries should report regularly that they have no reports of ill health from the use of electronic cigarettes from anyone.

If they did it would be on record.

But they have none !.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I get that, i do !.

My more fundamental point is that Hospitals experience every single ailment known to man. Their records will reflect that there are no cases of ill health caused by the use of electronic cigarettes.

It's the lack of data, statistics, which we should all be counting on.

It's simple. Hospitals and Doctors surgeries should report regularly that they have no reports of ill health from the use of electronic cigarettes from anyone.

If they did it would be on record.

But they have none !.

Unfortunately there ARE cases of ill health. A hospital near us banned their use under their "fragrance free workplace" policy. Some vapour smells. Some folks are sensitive to certain"smells".
    It's an easy sell. Cheers.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    The problem is because vaping not a "medically approved" quit method any information they get from patients is classed as anecdotal and not empirical evidence. Anecdotal evidence is not admissible as proof of vaping's effectiveness.
    Trouble with that, is that I know that doctors ARE keeping "track" of patients that have stopped smoking and switched to vaping. My wife for example, it is being recorded how much her health has improved (considering that she's got MS) since she's switched to vaping (a good 8+ years ago).

This "medically approved" has 100% of it to do that no pharmaceutical company developed it, so no patents, no copyrights, no MONEY for both these companies OR the government.

There is actual medical evidence, they just refuse to accept it or even acknowledge it. All that's needed is to check all the files from all the ex-smokers and see their results from lung, heart, etc. tests from before and after switching to vaping, but they aren't touching that with a ten mile long stick.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Actually, the UK's official stance is (per PHE) that it's in favor of vaping products being used by smokers. Even Prime Minister Cameron spoke in their favor in parliament.

The problem is that there's a silly piece of EU legislation that comes into force on May 20th, and the UK must comply with it.

Congratulations on being part of an international Land Grab. You are now a part of Us and will do as We say.
    Just exactly WHO is at Point on all of this in the EU?:glare: Is it any wonder only one person in position to make change has Spoken in Support?
    Everyone's bottom line is on the line.

It saddens me that only the Smallest of countries has the Vision to See the Value in Human Health and Freely available Smoking Cessation.

*As to the USA and other countries - I am Fed up with Accusations of FOR THE CHILDREN, Insinuations of Protecting Big Tobacco - How has only in recent years become involved and is a small percentage player.
    Futuristic Panic Promotion No other On Market public product has ever had to endure - INCLUDING Snake Oil Sales.

.............and saddest of all is the New catch Phrase that will be put into play.
    The POOR, Under Educated, Mentally ill :sneaky:
    In another attempt to Separate, in their perception - Us from Them. A simple but powerful Doctrine in which if one does not conform to their way of life that one must be either:
    Poor.............Under Educated............or.................Mentally ill.

Then we have Glantz, Touted to be the FDA's Science EXPERT and All knowing.

The guy that Publishes Statistics, randomly and poorly collected. Statistics that Claim an UP TO 50% +/- Accuracy.

50% +/- ????

How would this hold water is talking Nucular Damage to the United States?
    All or ............well maybe.............1/4th<<<<<<<<<<<< What allows this type of Logic to dictate Direction?

We cam only Hope the UK's Medical opinion once again becomes a Thorn in the Side of Government Globally and spreads like a raging infection.:thumb:

1 Billion Lives :2c:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Unfortunately there ARE cases of ill health. A hospital near us banned their use under their "fragrance free workplace" policy. Some vapour smells. Some folks are sensitive to certain"smells".
    It's an easy sell. Cheers.
    Considering that these "smells" are all food grade, there is no way that they are allergic to vape "smell" as it's a completely different thing from fragrances. That would be like being allergic to food being cooked, be it bacon, spaghetti sauce, cookies etc. I'll accept their claim of allergy to vape if they drop dead the moment anyone cooks something in the house that they're in.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Hey, didn't say I agreed.
    I actually wrote a letter to our local paper over this and it was published. Our hospital has numerous businesses in it selling food, coffee etc. The coffee smell hits you as soon as you enter, the subway sub shop odor as well, both of which are quite strong.
    They are both offensive smells to me and thus should be removed.

The letter was longer than that but the above is the just of it.
    The issue we may have with vapour may be that it is an aerosol, not simply an odor in the air.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread