Matrix Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomDoobie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Staten Island New York
If any one is interested the Matrix sub ohm tank is out now. I don't have it I love my High Voltage tank but this one is similiar. $30.00 at vape Street. Here's a link http://store.vape-street.com/product/matrix-tank/ and no I don't get anything out of it ! Just saw it and decided to post in case anyone is interested. If anyone gets it please post about it so we know how good it is. I just got my second High Voltage in yesterday so I'm not really looking to get any other tanks. Everyone Have A Nice Day !

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York
So many new (sub ohm) tanks have been released recently, that I've been tempted to buy almost all of them. That could get a little expensive though, so I try to narrow down my choices. Considering that many of these tanks are fairly similar, with some having a slight edge over others in different areas of performance, my goal is to limit my purchases to the ones that have an edge. Figuring that out can take time, and isn't an exact science, since I'm basically relying on YouTube videos and other online reviews as sources of information. So far I've been very happy with choosing the Freemax Starre, which I purchased from Vape NW.

Besides having an adjustable airflow feature in the drip tip, is there anything that would make the Matrix a better choice than the Starre? Also, how do the coils compare?

DomDoobie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Staten Island New York
I agree, I think there all so close right now it's just a matter of preference. I do like the look of the High Voltage. I also like that it has some type of a metal cage around the glass. I'm pretty sure the High Voltage and the Matrix are made by the same people. I will say my coils in the High Voltage seem to be lasting forever at 40 watts. I did take one apart and the coil wire inside is very heavy. It was kind of hard to pull on it and try to uncoil it as opposed to the Atlantis coil which the wire was like nothing. (Old Atlantis coil)

bwisdom909

Oct 17, 2013
Diamond Bar
Be careful when you get your matrix. When i went to fill the tank for the first time an o ring flew off already. I went to screw it in and didnt see the part where the it screws in, it is hidden. Its hard to explain but you will see it once you get it. Anyways hopefully i save you guys 5ml of e juice and a mess all over your pants. Just make sure you press the tank in fully when you fill your juice and spin the tank until you feel the tank start threading into the coil part.

Besides that the coil tasted off, waiting another 10 min to give it another hit. (Yes i primed the coil before) Airflow is even more then the high voltage original. The ajustable airflow on the drip tip and tank move very easy and stay when you want it to. Doesnt click into place which i like. Ill update my post after i spend some quality time with her.

Last edited:

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
Update, Bigger clouds then the high voltage, seems like a bit more airflow, after cleaning out my tank the flavor is great with airflow wide open, the tank screws in correctly now and the o ring hasnt popped out again(fingers crossed) this tank is a winner

Which coil are you using?

Sent from deep space via telegraph.

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
So I've vaped a few tanks through my Matrix. I was more interested in the .6 ohm head for this tank as the .2 ohm heads are HOT. The .6 fell flat on it's face for me. It just does not perform well enough for my liking at the lower wattages like I had hoped it would. The .2 ohm head really performs but as I stated, it gets hot in a hurry even with the wide open airflow. The capacity is great on the Matrix, however for me, I have to trade the capacity off for the performance and stay with my Arctic tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread