Matrix Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekid161

May 8, 2015
If any one is interested the Matrix sub ohm tank is out now. I don't have it I love my High Voltage tank but this one is similiar. $30.00 at vape Street. Here's a link Matrix Subohm Tank *NOW AVAILABLE* | Vape Street and no I don't get anything out of it ! Just saw it and decided to post in case anyone is interested. If anyone gets it please post about it so we know how good it is. I just got my second High Voltage in yesterday so I'm not really looking to get any other tanks. Everyone Have A Nice Day !

Bought mine a few days ago and am loving it. Ill leave a little review here for everyone interested.

First impression: Box felt cheap and very small. Opened front flap and could see the tank and i liked what i saw.

Unboxing: Opened the box yeah not much in there just the tank and extra .2 ohm coil (.6 ohm comes installed). Pulled the tank out and the adjustable drip tip fell right out of the top cap put it back and it is a wigglin. Does not fit snug ( BIG CON HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!) Nice stainless and pyrex tank. Air flow ring is nice and snug and stays in place and at its widest setting is wide open. Unscrewed the tank with a little bit of grinding noise and filled her up all the way full 5mls.

Coils: comes with two dual vertical bottom coils one .6 and one .2 with wide juice slots similar to the arctic

Vaping: Put her on the smok m80 pro and fired up at 50 watts (rated 30 to 80 watts) wide open airflow. Wowee nice warm dense extremely flavorful vape. Now this is subjective but i believe flavor is better than the herakles and the arctic. Ive now run two full tanks through it and the flavor just keeps getting better. I have not used the .2 yet but when i do ill let you know how it is.

Final thoughts: great tank great construction. Drip tip is a little loose and needs improving but over a great new sub ohm tank from High Voltage

Freq18Hz

May 24, 2015
Update, Bigger clouds then the high voltage, seems like a bit more airflow, after cleaning out my tank the flavor is great with airflow wide open, the tank screws in correctly now and the o ring hasnt popped out again(fingers crossed) this tank is a winner

I think I may have had the same problem, because I think I am missing an o-ring, and mine is leaking like an sob.

Do you know how many o-rings / where they should be?

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
So many new (sub ohm) tanks have been released recently, that I've been tempted to buy almost all of them. That could get a little expensive though, so I try to narrow down my choices. Considering that many of these tanks are fairly similar, with some having a slight edge over others in different areas of performance, my goal is to limit my purchases to the ones that have an edge. Figuring that out can take time, and isn't an exact science, since I'm basically relying on YouTube videos and other online reviews as sources of information. So far I've been very happy with choosing the Freemax Starre, which I purchased from Vape NW.

Besides having an adjustable airflow feature in the drip tip, is there anything that would make the Matrix a better choice than the Starre? Also, how do the coils compare?
I think you made the right choice with the starre since it works with all the most popular coils including the herakles coils, atlantis coils, smokme coils, and or course the freemax coils. I really hope that people stop buying tanks with proprietary coils so that more manufacturers start building their tanks to a standard spec coil size. Once this begins to happen, we can have certain manufacturers perfecting tank technology and other manufacturers perfecting coil technology and the industry will improve.

Reactions: Dom NY

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
Ive had the matrix for a month now and the flavor is awesome! Great tank with the best adjustable air flow drip tip I have tried, I have 6 of them. The biggest bummer is it gets really hot. Four quick hits at 70w and the drip tip is too hot to touch to your lips. The Crown kills it, twenty hits in quick (short break at work) fashion and the tip is just pretty warm. My 2 cents.

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
Old thread, but hey I'll throw my experience in. I just got mine today, I already had a pretty good idea of what all the cons were. I found an o-ring for the drip tip from one of the many random throw away drip tips that I never used and never throw away. It's snug now and is not going anywhere and the airflow is easy to adjust without the tip moving one bit.
Next I checked all the gaskets and looked at about 10 videos and searched pictures to see exactly how many should be there- didn't really find anything. However, I shined a light in there and thought about it...... the top piece has or should have 2 o-rings (round/cylindrical), the bottom has 1 o-ring(round/cylindrical) and 1 o-ring(round/flat). The flat one seals the bottom to stop leaks at the top there isn't a need for a flat one unless you plan on carrying it upside down if that makes sense. Unfortunately I had the flat o-ring stick to the glass and get a little cut, could probably still use it but I decided to try a spare flat red o-ring from my Kanger STM and...it fit snug and I feel like it's better quality anyway. No leaks as of yet.
Otherwise so far I'm really liking this tank as far as design and build. Haven't vaped it yet because I'm deciding what juice to put in it. I also have a Uwell Crown on the way, so I gotta figure out what juices are going in what tanks. I'll update again if I find anything else and of course with how it actually vapes, as that's what's really important. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread