Max's family thread (no, it's not a contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Oh, sweetie....you missed us!! Did you have fun?
yeah, it was ok. Not a "blast" cause the crowd was pretty small and yet I STILL had the drunk lady old enough to be my mama hitting on me :blink:
But it was nice to get out for a change.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
yeah, it was ok. Not a "blast" cause the crowd was pretty small and yet I STILL had the drunk lady old enough to be my mama hitting on me :blink:
You gotta find out when it's ladies night at the bar and avoid it like the plague :lol:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I can't wait to see those flowers open. :)

I'm getting kinda worried about Kiara. The vet told Rich last night she'd call us around 9:30 or 10:00 when she finished, and it's almost 11:00 and still no word. I'm going to call in a little bit and see if I can find out anything...
Now I'm getting anxious...

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Awww...we old grannies need flirts, too!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Once they made the nest, I was afraid the feral cats might mess with them. There were a few that hung out around the dumpsters outside of a restaurant behind us.
Babies! Yea, I would snagged them up :) the whole family! Any stragglers in the area as well.... haha They must have been eating from the restaurant. Yea, those feral cats would have probably messed with them :( I love all animals, but it really upsets me when one kills another. I know that predators do that, but I just cannot accept it...ya know?

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
MRBBDUCKS! How adorable! I love baby fuzzbutts. I love ALL babies, it doesn't matter what kind!

Well, Rich got back last night and said they ran some blood tests on Kiara to see if she was even able to HAVE surgery, and her liver and kidney tests came back completely normal, so she's going under right about now. They were going to do it at 8:00 this morning. Her white blood cell count was sky high at 75,000 (normal is 15,000) and she had a fever of 104, but considering the scope of the infection, that's not surprising. I took her temp the other day when she was shivering, and it was only 102, which is within the range of normal, but even a low grade fever can give you the chills. And who knows if my thermometer is even right... it's a cheapy digital instant-read, so I dunno.

Anyway, Jasper's still here (YAY!) and he even played with me this morning, so he's not doing too bad. He's been keeping watch on the house, so I think he thinks we brought Kiara in the house and he's just waiting for her to come back out. This is good. If he saw us put her in the back seat of the truck and drive away with her, things might have been different, but so far, so good.

The one that seems to be missing her the MOST is Zipper. Go figure. The only reason is that Zip LOVES to bark at Kiara every time she goes outside, and since yesterday afternoon, she hasn't been there to bark at. This morning, Zip ran all over her yard, along the fence, looking for Kiara. Stoopid dog...

The vet told Rich yesterday that they might want to keep Kiara over the weekend, considering her age and everything, just so they can have her right there if there are any problems, and I was really worried about Jasper, but I think it will be OK, so if they DO need to keep her, I won't worry about him. We'll just play some more. :)

I am so glad Kiara (love that name) is doing good. Good vibes for her still :) I am glad Jasper is doing ok without her. The reunion will be the best and sweetest :) It always is with pets in my opinion :) Poor Zipper! Lol She sounds pretty funny! I love how dogs can bark up a storm at another, and then you find out how much they really liked the other...even though they would never let on like they do ;)
I love all babies too. Ducks and chickens are too stinkin cute! I am an animal lover. Even the huge hawk that killed my favorite Duck last year, I could not hate it too long, because it is in its nature...I do not like what it did, but I cannot hate it. I cried when I had to kill a huge black snake a few years ago :( It was chasing my baby ducks, and it was about 5 feet long. It is the only thing I have ever killed :( It still breaks my heart, because I think about how many years it took that black snake to get that long, and I took its life away from it... :(

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
we got food poisoning from popeye's once. then we had the swine flu..aka the mark virus..We got it from our friend Mark who had been out of town visiting his family, he mentioned he was sick, but we figured it was a cold or something.. The first couple days were horrible, the next couple days 'I wanna die' or 'I am dying' was heard quite a bit. We barricaded/quarantined ourselves in the house and were either laying on the floor in the living room or on the floor in the bathroom for a whole week.
That's exactly what I think I got food poisoning from. Had gotten chicken from Popeye's a few nights ago. The leftover chicken was left on the counter and I ate the last two pieces yesterday afternoon. Such a waste. I grilled porterhouse steaks with sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus last night. I couldn't even finish it. At least this is a mild case of food poisoning. One time before I had gotten so sick it was coming out of both ends.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I am so glad Kiara (love that name) is doing good. Good vibes for her still :) I am glad Jasper is doing ok without her. The reunion will be the best and sweetest :) It always is with pets in my opinion :) Poor Zipper! Lol She sounds pretty funny! I love how dogs can bark up a storm at another, and then you find out how much they really liked the other...even though they would never let on like they do ;)
I love all babies too. Ducks and chickens are too stinkin cute! I am an animal lover. Even the huge hawk that killed my favorite Duck last year, I could not hate it too long, because it is in its nature...I do not like what it did, but I cannot hate it. I cried when I had to kill a huge black snake a few years ago :( It was chasing my baby ducks, and it was about 5 feet long. It is the only thing I have ever killed :( It still breaks my heart, because I think about how many years it took that black snake to get that long, and I took its life away from it... :(
You will not survive the Zombie Apocalypse :(

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
That's exactly what I think I got food poisoning from. Had gotten chicken from Popeye's a few nights ago. The leftover chicken was left on the counter and I ate the last two pieces yesterday afternoon. Such a waste. I grilled porterhouse steaks with sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus last night. I couldn't even finish it. At least this is a mild case of food poisoning. One time before I had gotten so sick it was coming out of both ends.
It's horrible! I hope you bounce back quickly.

mekakeisei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Warwick, RI
I dealt with fresh mussels last night. I didn't know they had beards o_O and had to pull them out of the shell. One of them opened its shell after I pulled the beard out and I was like :eek: :oops: and told it I was sorry and it closed the shell. Just a wee bit unnerving.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Now I'm getting anxious...

YOU were getting anxious? You should have seen the state I was in an hour ago. I had to go to zero nic because I had plenty of my own adrenaline pumping! It's OK, though, she's fine and will recover. The vet said there was nothing they could do about cleaning up the mess on her bottom so they had to shave it. Poor Kiara. :oops: She has a rash from the discharge and the constant licking, but the vet put some of that Silver Sulfadene stuff (miracle salve) on it and that will go a long way toward healing it up quickly. She didn't have any problems during surgery, other than she said that was the biggest load of pus she'd seen in quite a while. Because of that, and because she doesn't know for sure that she didn't let any loose in her system trying to get that mess out, she's on IV antibiotics today and tomorrow morning, then she'll go to oral for a week. When the vet was telling me about the abx, I could hear in her voice that she was flinching. She knows how I feel about antibiotics (mostly that they're overused, and for things they do no good for, like viruses), but I said, "Sweetie, there's a time and a place for IV antibiotics, and this is one of those times and places." Her sigh of relief was almost funny!

Anyway, she's doing well right now, still groggy from the anesthesia, but they have an on-call vet in the office over the weekend, and she said if I want to call and check on Kiara, I can do that, but I'm not going to bother them. They know to call me if there's any problem, so if they don't call, it means everything's fine. And keeping her there for the weekend means she can be in a clean environment at least for the first couple days. She's not a filthy dog, but she's a Pyr, and she does like to lay in her dirt hole on a sunny day, so it's better she's not in her dirt hole with fresh stitches. Also, they can watch her and if there IS some kind of problem, they can attend to it immediately, so I'm comfortable with leaving her there, even though I know she misses us, and Jasper, and probably thinks we gave her away to some strange people. Poor baby. She'll be so happy to see us on Monday!

One time before I had gotten so sick it was coming out of both ends.

Better out than in, I always say. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread