MBV now longer carrying high PG on all juices. Where to next for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Hey folks! It's been a very long time since I've been on ECF. The good folks here helped me transition into vaping back in 2012! I don't smoke cigarettes at all for at least three years now and I have you guys to thank. Coming to you again because I'm panicking a little! Even though I own plenty of mods and ego devices, I simply don't like to use them (mods are way too complicated for me and I don't feel like fussing with ego or mod clearos). Instead I have consistently been using cigalikes such as Kanger 808's with the t4 clearos (usually buy them from litecig). Anyway, giving you this background because after trial and error I concluded that the only juice that gives me the throat hit and consistency that I'm looking for is: 80pg, 18mg, and light colored. Anything else messes up my clearo. Anyone that buys from mount baker Vapor knows that they not only list how dark the eliquid is (great for me!), they also offered 80PG options. Well that's no longer the case. The highest they go now is 70PG and that's only a handful of liquids, assuming that those are the ones that you would use. So I've come to you again, the ECF Genius Bar, to see if you have any juice providers or advice to offer me. I'm panicking here! Any advice on what I should do? Any other juice providers that aren't expensive but still good quality. Thick dark juices will not work. They mess up my clearos. I don't even know if 70PG would work (haven't tried that yet). Anyway, if anyone has experience with this, please do let me know. If I don't get throat hit or I get muted flavor, I get very frustrated.
P.S. on a side note, I do have one mod that I own that I haven't tried yet - The Joyetech eVic VTC Mini. can't believe it didn't come with a battery! Wouldn't mind trying it but not sure what the best battery would be without spending a lot, since I don't know if I'll use it much.

Reactions: smacuser

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Get 60PG at twice your normal nic level and a few extra flavor shots. Mix in equal parts with pure PG (about $12/qt from Essential Depot via Amazon), shake well, and voilà! 80PG, at your normal nic and flavor levels. And twice as much of it, for probably less than what you were paying in the first place.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Get 60PG at twice your normal nic level and a few extra flavor shots. Mix in equal parts with pure PG (about $12/qt from Essential Depot via Amazon), shake well, and voilà! 80PG, at your normal nic and flavor levels. And twice as much of it, for probably less than what you were paying in the first place.
i am terrified of DIY or even this. Have you tried doing the above? did it taste fine?

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Not stocking or offering as many different choices is a sign of a tighter economic situation. I wonder if it has to do with the Deeming?

Sorry, to change the subject. My initial thought was whether you could DIY. I switched about 6 months ago, am very happy I did.
as I mentioned above, I'm terrified of DIY but maybe I need to start now. Just so scared of messing up the nic level.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Gourmet Vapor allows you to blend your own flavors or pick from their customers creations and provides many different ratios to choose from including 80/20 that you seek. Might be a good source for you to check out. Prices a very reasonable as well.
thanks! I looked into them and was about to place an order but the bad reviews on the forum scared me, so I didn't.

Reactions: The Rebel

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I work from 100%. Everything has a percent value and with the base itcadds up to 100. To fill a 10ml bottle, I just divide all the percents by 10. If the base (PG/VG) is 88%, flavors/nic adding up to 12, I divide base by 10 and get 8.8ml out of the 10ml bottle.

The nic and the flavors are the same way. I actually make my base + nic ahead of time. I use a 125ml bottle but only make 100ml of base. I like the extra space in the bottle so I can shake it easier. My base is 29ml of VG, 69ml of PG, and 2ml (2%) of nic. I know the nic is carried by PG, but I still refer to my base as 70PG/30VG.

Close enough, life goes on. Hope helps.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
With "ejuicemeup" calculating help i don't think you could mess up even if you tried . I put in 100 mg nic PG based & put in what i want to vape at & the PG/VG ratio i want the juice to be and then click .

It does all the work for you , if i can do it and believe me when i say i'm a real idiot i mean it then anyone can do it.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
i am terrified of DIY or even this. Have you tried doing the above? did it taste fine?
Not that specifically, but I do full-on DIY and it tastes alright. (I wouldn't say it tastes great, but I'm still rather new at it and only have a modest selection of flavors to work from, and you're starting with a pre-mixed flavor anyway.) What are you afraid of? DIY is pretty easy and as they say, "if you can mix a drink, you can mix e-juice." If you're just making it for your own use, you don't need laboratory clean-room levels of protection; a clean kitchen counter next to a sink and an open window should suffice. Both PG and VG inhibit microbial growth, and nicotine is a strong poison so it's unlikely that any germs which do make it into the liquid will survive, but you can always wear a face mask if it makes you feel better. Rubber gloves if you're pouring, but probably not necessary if you're using droppers or syringes, unless you have sensitive skin; I don't, and getting a little 100mg on my fingers has never caused me any woes, but YMMV. Eye protection is always a good idea. And, of course, don't mix around kids or pets as they can be pretty unpredictable.

As far as if it'll "work," it's just simple math. I don't know exactly how many flavor shots equals "twice the flavor" so that part will have to be a guesstimate on your part, but the rest is solid. If you add 100 parts PG to a mixture of 60 parts PG and 40 parts VG, you end up with 160 parts PG and 40 parts VG which works out to 80%/20%. And if you double the volume but keep the same amount of nicotine you will reduce its concentration by half, which is why you should order it at twice your normal strength.

I know I mentioned Essential Depot/Amazon earlier, but I just realized you can probably get the PG from MBV right along with your juice order, if they still carry it. I know they used to. Or you can pick some up locally from a Tractor Supply or feed/farm supply store (they add it to, I think it's goat feed, to help prevent a certain reproductive complication). Wherever you get it, make sure it says "Propylene Glycol USP" on the label, and you'll know you have the right stuff.

Reactions: estaz

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
With "ejuicemeup" calculating help i don't think you could mess up even if you tried . I put in 100 mg nic PG based & put in what i want to vape at & the PG/VG ratio i want the juice to be and then click .

It does all the work for you , if i can do it and believe me when i say i'm a real idiot i mean it then anyone can do it.
I read up on DIY'ing after your post but process scared me! gloves, goggles..masks!!

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Eye protection is a good move...:thumb:
they should have workshops for us noobs for DIY. I'd pay good money to attend and take away some custom juice. Sort of like a cupcake baking class :)) Have a feeling that these days it would be problematic. Wonder if it's possible to make a meetup out of it. Would be awesome.
I spent a good part of today doing research. Came across two companies that do 80pg - Dominant Vapes, Vaping Watch and Affordable Vaping NY. Dominant Vapes didn't have many reviews- a couple of great ones, and that's it. Affordable Vaping had more reviews, but complaints re customer service and shipping. Vaping Watch seems to have solid reviews. Will probably order from one of the last 2. Sharing it here because I can't be the only person searching for Max PG - even though I'm probably one of the only people 4 years into vaping that still prefers small 808 batteries with clearos. RE: batteries, I saw a bunch of cheap 18650 batteries being offered on amazon, but I think to be safe I'm better off going with what "The Rebel" suggested, which is with a safer trusted brand. Figure I already have the device, might as well try it. Sucks that it doesn't come with a battery.

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
RE: batteries, I saw a bunch of cheap 18650 batteries being offered on amazon
Don't buy batteries from eBay or Amazon. There are too many fakes out there. Buy batteries from a trusted source like Illumination Supply (illumn.com), Li-ion Wholesale (liion.com) or RTD Vapes (rtdvapes.com). Illumn has had the best prices on the batteries I've wanted, but they don't always have them in stock.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
they should have workshops for us noobs for DIY. I'd pay good money to attend and take away some custom juice. Sort of like a cupcake baking class :)) Have a feeling that these days it would be problematic. Wonder if it's possible to make a meetup out of it. Would be awesome.
I think the problem would be getting enough people in one place at the same time to make it worthwhile. There are plenty of YouTube videos on it, though. It really is as easy as all that. You get the ingredients, you measure them, you mix them all together, and then...

Shake shake shake (ba da da dat da-da)
Shake shake shake (ba da da dat da-da)
Shake your boo-- I mean, then shake it some more. Give it a good solid 2 minutes of shaking vigorously. It should look almost frothy when you're done. Wait for the bubbles to dissipate (shouldn't take too long in 80PG) and you're good to go. Some flavors are what's called "shake-and-vape" which means they'll be ready right away or perhaps after an overnight rest. Some others will benefit from a good long sit in a dark cabinet for a week or three. But, again, if you're just adding PG to a pre-mixed vendor liquid, you should be okay to vape it straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread