McCormick's Pure food flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
OK, guys, here goes. Can we use McCormick's Pure Food Flavorings found at your local grocery store???
I hope so, because I just mixed about a 25% Anise extract solution in with a coffee flavored ejuice I bought.
Please stop me if I'm doing wrong.
My lungs haven't collapsed, as of yet, my ecig didn't blow up because of the alcohol content and the flavor is delicious.

Thanks,

Last edited:

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
I looked at these flavorings in the grocery store the other day. They have PG, some kind of alcohol and artificial flavorings listed in the ingredients. Except for the one that had "oil" listed which I would stay far away from. I was actually Googling the other day to see if anyone has used McCormick flavorings in the vaping world and had no luck finding anything at all.

Maybe someone will answer that knows as I would like to know too.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
I looked at these flavorings in the grocery store the other day. They have PG, some kind of alcohol and artificial flavorings listed in the ingredients. Except for the one that had "oil" listed which I would stay far away from. I was actually Googling the other day to see if anyone has used McCormick flavorings in the vaping world and had no luck finding anything at all.

Maybe someone will answer that knows as I would like to know too.

Listen, now, I'm referring to the PURE food flavoring and NOT the imitation stuff, OK?

Thanks,

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
Most of what I have read on ECF says to stay away from any of the oils since they might be bad for the lungs. Oil can't/won't be expelled?
As far as the extracts it sounds like they aren't as strong as the flavorings used by most DIY'ers so would dilute the nic strength of the juice.
So once again I guess the answer is 'it depends' :)

I figure that with the small amount of any of it that I would be getting I am willing to try most anything... so will probably try your mix one of these days....

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
Listen, now, I'm referring to the PURE food flavoring and NOT the imitation stuff, OK?

Thanks,

This thread should be bumped!

I would really like to know the answer to this question too. It would be nice if someone can find some, real, documented info on this mix. I haven't found anything yet.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA

Thanks,

Ok then.
What does the ingredients list say on your PURE McCormick food flavoring? Just curious.

edit: found the ingredient list for what you are talking about.
Alcohol 73%
Water
Oil of anise

This may help with research.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
OK, guys, here goes. Can we use McCormick's Pure Food Flavorings found at your local grocery store???
I hope so, because I just mixed about a 25% Anise extract solution in with a coffee flavored ejuice I bought.
Please stop me if I'm doing wrong.
My lungs haven't collapsed, as of yet, my ecig didn't blow up because of the alcohol content and the flavor is delicious.

Thanks,

You should read this thread: DIY e-liquid Sometimes it is hard to find where to ask a question. Search that forum for a answer or post.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
This has been discussed before more than once, to no conclusive end that I've found. Like here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/175730-red-flag-going-up-vaping-oils.html

On the government approved thing, keep in mind that the type of consumption in question there was through one's digestive tract; your lungs—over time—might have a different opinion.

I've seen that McCormick stuff and have been tempted to experiment myself—but, well...I ain't a lab mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread