Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
1. There are no 40a 18650 batteries.

2. With a mech, your build resistance determines power.
There should be no difference.

3. Ohms law: learn to use it or you'll have issues.

Mechs are advanced user items. Please research your gear BEFORE purchasing and using.

Now, all that said, 2.1 ohms on a mech will be an extremely weak vape.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Here's a quick tip for researching a cell for Vaping.
I google the cell type follwed bybthe words "bench test" and click the ECF link example: "LG HB6 Bench test"

LG HB6 30A 1500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...better than SX30 at >25A

Ecf member @Mooch tests cells and posts accurate results.

(Mooch is a professional, does this type of work for a living, and has better testing equipment than some manufacturers.)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
so there will be no difference between the battery i use, as long as my build the same?
cause a friend of mine said it will be difference in firing power if i use battery with more amp.

Your friend is 100% incorrect.
The battery doesnt "have more amps".

The amp rating is a limit of how much power you can safely draw without damaging the cell.

The resistance of your coil determines how much power you are drawing from the cell.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Your friend is 100% incorrect.
The battery doesnt "have more amps".

The amp rating is a limit of how much power you can safely draw without damaging the cell.

The resistance of your coil determines how much power you are drawing from the cell.
This is incorrect as well.

How well a cell holds its voltage under load will determine final output when coupled with other circuit properties.

This is a result of internal resistance. A sliding scale determined by cell construction, health, age, temperature and load applied.

Resistance of the circuit and "voltage applied" only allows for a theoretical load to be calculated. An educated guess.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This is incorrect as well.

How well a cell holds its voltage under load will determine final output when coupled with other circuit properties.

This is a result of internal resistance. A sliding scale determined by cell construction, health, age, temperature and load applied.

Resistance of the circuit and "voltage applied" only allows for a theoretical load to be calculated. An educated guess.

Tapatyped

My explanation was technically flawed, but the context is accurate.

A fully charged 25r and an HB6 in a mech mod with a 2.1ohm build will show no noticeable difference in power output.

A cell rated a 30a will not produce 60% more power than a cell rated at 20 with the same build.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
My explanation was technically flawed, but the context is accurate.

A fully charged 25r and an HB6 in a mech mod with a 2.1ohm build will show no noticeable difference in power output.

A cell rated a 30a will not produce 60% more power than a cell rated at 20 with the same build.
Agreed.

ETA

Though consider the possibility of 2 coils @ .11 ohm each.

I don't think that was clear in the OP.

Tapatyped

Reactions: MMW

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
so there will be no difference between the battery i use, as long as my build the same?
cause a friend of mine said it will be difference in firing power if i use battery with more amp.
Amps are "pulled," not "pushed." The amp rating tells you how many amps you can try to pull from a battery before it causes an unsafe situation. The higher-rated battery can handle a higher demand than the lower-rated one, but the rating itself does not determine the power output. Both batteries will charge up to 4.2 volts at full charge, and drain to around 3.5 when you will need to recharge them. The difference is that the HB6 can be safely discharged at a faster rate (you can "pull more amps" from it) than the 25R. Using a 2.1-ohm atomizer on a full battery will draw only 4.2v / 2.1Ω = 2A, so you're well within the safe zone in either case. The higher-rated HB6 has a lower capacity (measured in mAh or milliamp-hours) in exchange for its higher amp capagbility, and so since you don't need those extra amps that it is capable of dishing out, you're probably better off with the other one since it will last longer in between charges. A current of 1 amp, sustained for a total duration of 1 hour of firing time, uses one amp-hour or 1,000 milliamp-hours (mAh) of electric charge. Using half the current for twice as long (half an amp for two hours) or vice-versa (two amps for 30 minutes) uses the same amount. At 2500mAh for the 25R and 1500mAh for the HB6 (I'm not certain, but I believe those to be the capacities of those two batteries), the 25R has about two-thirds more capacity than the other one, so long as you don't need to use that capacity faster than the battery can deliver it.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
sorry i made mistake earlier, my build is 0.21 actually and thank you for all your responce. it helps a lot.
I had a feeling there was a misprint.

Never see someone building at 2+ ohms.

And you typed ohm... singular.

At that resistance you're going to get a fair size voltage sag and performance will definitely vary from cell to cell.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The higher-rated battery can handle a higher demand than the lower-rated one,

*IF the rating is accurate and relates to real world performance.

*Big IF

In the case of a 25R and an HB6, this is true. Unfortunately, that's the exception rather than the rule.

Tapatyped

Reactions: bwh79

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
firstly sorry for my broken english,
i want to ask, if i use 2.11 ohm build on mech mod, using samsung 25r rated to have 20amp max output and lg hb6 which rated to be 40 amp max output, is it gonna be any difference in firing power?
Yes.

With the hb6, you might notice a better pull for a short while.

But the 25R will keep that better hit for quite a bit longer.

Tapatyped

Reactions: bwh79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread