Mech mod clones?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Tattedmatt, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tattedmatt

Tattedmatt Full Member Verified Member

What's the best IYO?

2. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

right now my favorite is my brass m16 clone, feels soilid and works great after fixing the button

the nemesis is also very nice, its better with the magnet upgrade but the lock ring is a thin cheap pile of crap IMO.

I have a brass astro coming and my brother has a mixed astro coming. sounds like they will be nice.

3. schuff

schuff Senior Member ECF Veteran

Work in a vape shop and I really like the Ehpro chiyou clone, ehpro nzonik v4 and the HCigar nemesis clone. All three are solid hitters, always flush mount attys and are machined beautifully. Plus replacement parts are easy to come by as they are all very popular models.

4. schuff

schuff Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just saw sawtooth's comment. The M16 clones out there are decent but depending on version they aren't going to flush mount.

Also to actually answer your question my absolute favorite that is the best is the ehpro nzonik v4. It has the lowest measured voltage drop, magnet firing button that is perfectly smooth and allows any 18xx size battery with a kick including 18650. As long as you don't mind telescopic mods it is perfect.

5. Willing&Abel

Willing&Abel Full Member

Personally I think the ehpro Nzonik v4 and the Diablo (philipino clone of the Mortar) are the best ones out there. My favorite of the 2 is the Diablo just for the heavy weight and polished finish for both the brass and chrome versions, and the best machined threads I've seen on a clone.

6. Timbuck55

Timbuck55 Super Member ECF Veteran

I have a Hcigar Nemesis and love it. The only thing that does bother me is the fire button is sometimes tricky.

7. Tattedmatt

Tattedmatt Full Member Verified Member

Thanks for the info everyone I'll take a look at these

8. ej1024

ej1024 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm vaping on PISCES,DIABLO GOLD PLATED AND PRIVATE V2 CLONE, ALL OF THEM FROM FASTEXH, NO PROBLEM AT ALL, I suggest when you wanna start blowing clouds make sure you buy legit ATTY (STILLARE BY CARTEL MODS) and legit battery.. Clone mods are fine.. They can't even tell the difference

Sent from 1520 Tapatalk

9. sawtoothscream

meh, doesnt bother me, for $16 it hits like a beast :) not as pretty but does the job great

10. ej1024

ej1024 Senior Member ECF Veteran

You can't go wrong with clone mods

Sent from 1520 Tapatalk

11. 2naphish

2naphish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    ehpro electric angel clone....JMO:D

12. sawtoothscream

did you get the magnets? feels better with them IMO, doesnt have that crunchy feel.

13. VaperGlock

VaperGlock Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like my Fast Tech Nemesis. It was good stock but the upgraded contacts and switch magnets from Fat Daddy made it great!!!

14. Timbuck55

Timbuck55 Super Member ECF Veteran

No, I didn't. I have them on my AR mod and should get them for my nemmy. Sometimes on my nemmy, I have to keep screwing the firing button down. Sometimes its doesnt fire properly. But regardless, I love it for $30 or whatever I paid for it.

15. Dlinkqwint

Dlinkqwint Full Member

I do not think there is a single best option IMO. Clones will never perform as good as authentic mods, I have owned both in several models.
    However, everyone should vape within their means. Personally, i would rather buy an original that is inexpensive rather then a clone of someone else's design. There is a good way to vape at any price point with original gear.

16. dang_richard

dang_richard Full Member

I have an ehpro cronus clone and it hits like a champ

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

17. Hunter Rollins

Hunter Rollins Full Member

M16 is my everyday clone I use it's built solid but as far as hard hitting devices nemesis, maraxus, chi yous, Nzonics there all good performers it really depends on the brand of the clone and materials used in it

18. Completely Average

Completely Average Vaping Master ECF Veteran

EHpro and Hcigar are consistently the best quality clones. Regardless of the model, you can't go wrong with either one.

Tobeco clones are generally very good, but they do have some quality control issues at times. It's usually best to wait until they've released a new revision or two of a product before buying one.

Cheaper Fastech clones are cheaper for a reason. You see a few popup in this thread. Crunchy buttons on a Nemesis? The only time I've seen that on an Hcigar or EHpro is when the user didn't get the button pin tight and it wobbled around. If that pin is nice and tight it's butter smooth every single time, no magnets needed.

And are you really saving money on that cheap fasttech clone if you then have to spend more money on magnets to make it work right?

Same story with the Kayfun clones. Hcigar and EHpro are as close as you can get to the real thing. Fasttech ones are hit and miss with poor quality control leading to issues like the juice channels either being blocked or too open, leaking, etc...

Now, in regards to mech mods I would first consider what you are wanting to use it for. If you're looking for a good, reliable, high powered vape and maybe dabble a bit in subohming just to see what it's all about then any good quality mech mod will do the job.

However, if you're going to be serious about subohming and every last little bit of power counts then you're going to want to look at the full load voltage loss of the mech mod in question. Some mods lose a LOT of power through the body of the mod, others are extremely conductive and loose almost nothing. All brass or all copper mods with silver plated connections would be ideal, but some stainless steel mods also loose very little if any voltage through the body. A loss of just .1-.2 volts in the body can mean a loss of 3-5 watts at the coil when subohming.

19. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

There are plenty of good ones, and more than enough not so good ones. Ironicily there are just as many OEM not so good ones as there are clone not so good ones.

Of all of them that I'v tried, I think this is the best. YMMV
    Caravela Clone by Hcigar - Brass - 101 Vape

20. 30+Years

30+Years Super Member ECF Veteran

I got the SS Hcigar Caravela from 101 and may end up getting the brass one as well. Really nice looking/made mod. Of course it's my first so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.