Status
Not open for further replies.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
EHpro and Hcigar are consistently the best quality clones. Regardless of the model, you can't go wrong with either one.

Tobeco clones are generally very good, but they do have some quality control issues at times. It's usually best to wait until they've released a new revision or two of a product before buying one.

Cheaper Fastech clones are cheaper for a reason. You see a few popup in this thread. Crunchy buttons on a Nemesis? The only time I've seen that on an Hcigar or EHpro is when the user didn't get the button pin tight and it wobbled around. If that pin is nice and tight it's butter smooth every single time, no magnets needed.

And are you really saving money on that cheap fasttech clone if you then have to spend more money on magnets to make it work right?

Same story with the Kayfun clones. Hcigar and EHpro are as close as you can get to the real thing. Fasttech ones are hit and miss with poor quality control leading to issues like the juice channels either being blocked or too open, leaking, etc...

Now, in regards to mech mods I would first consider what you are wanting to use it for. If you're looking for a good, reliable, high powered vape and maybe dabble a bit in subohming just to see what it's all about then any good quality mech mod will do the job.

However, if you're going to be serious about subohming and every last little bit of power counts then you're going to want to look at the full load voltage loss of the mech mod in question. Some mods lose a LOT of power through the body of the mod, others are extremely conductive and loose almost nothing. All brass or all copper mods with silver plated connections would be ideal, but some stainless steel mods also loose very little if any voltage through the body. A loss of just .1-.2 volts in the body can mean a loss of 3-5 watts at the coil when subohming.

well said....you can buy 10 clones and maybe get close to where you want to be for a few months til things wear out.if you are serious about fine tuning a vape buy a quality mod and forget about spending money on that aspect and move into the much cheaper world of various toppers and builds. research goes a long way here.

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I agree. Make a small investment in a high quality device. You cannot go wrong in the long run. My first mod was an Icon 14500. Still works flawlessly to this day. I purchased this device back in 2010. Most clones will will fall apart down the road. If you go with good quality, these devices will last a lifetime. I love the Super-t devices. There are a lot of really good mod makers out there! Do your research.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I agree. Make a small investment in a high quality device. You cannot go wrong in the long run. My first mod was an Icon 14500. Still works flawlessly to this day. I purchased this device back in 2010. Most clones will will fall apart down the road. If you go with good quality, these devices will last a lifetime. I love the Super-t devices. There are a lot of really good mod makers out there! Do your research.

if you haven't check out the Shotgun Mod by emit vapors. silver plated copper pins, magnetic switch and 3 tubes. flawless threading and in a pinch it is perfect for home defense. hits almost as hard as my vanilla copper.:D haven't seen a clone though...LOL!

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
Honestly, after getting my Hcigar Nemesis clone comparing it to my genuine 69 mod..(mind you the same maker designed both mods) I'll probably never go back to a genuine mod minus a REO. Yeah it may fall apart after 6 months or so but I paid 30$ for it (or 40 including upgrades, pins and magnets) and it hits much harder and a much smoother and better vape than my 69 mod. I'll stick to genuine atty's and the likes, but as far as the mod itself goes, you can help the clones granted you get a good one last a good bit. Who really sits there and throws their mod around or drops them off a building to destroy them? It's all about use and how you treat your equipment IMO... of course YMMV

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I'll stick to genuine atty's and the likes,

Try an Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 or Trident clone and you may change your mind about that as well. I've held both the real and Hcigar Trident clones in my hand and couldn't tell the difference. Even the owner had to place a little dimple mark with his awl on the Hcigar clone so he would know which was which.

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
Try an Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 or Trident clone and you may change your mind about that as well. I've held both the real and Hcigar Trident clones in my hand and couldn't tell the difference. Even the owner had to place a little dimple mark with his awl on the Hcigar clone so he would know which was which.

well I have the genuine kayfun otherwise I probably would get the clone heh, what is really peaked my interest is the magma or the origen, they seem amazing.

Either way, to the op, a lot will recommend trying out the clone first so you get a good idea of what you really want before making a big dollar purchase, considering what I've already been through I too recommend this route.

Psionic

Mar 16, 2014
Aptos, CA
Might be a stretch but I liken the clone vs non clone discussion to making a PC purchase.
One can buy a Dell with zero upgrades, generic parts and questionable build quality or head over to Falcon Northwest and customize an all brand name rig with top notch build quality. Chances are both will work out of the box but the cheaper Dell might require more work to run smoothly. Both will most likely deliver what is expected.

A clone mod will probably not last as long as the original but that is due to the customer knowing it cost him/her very little and he/she can treat it accordingly.

Elim

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2014
Los angeles, ca
I find that cloned mech mods are usually great for the price. cloned atties I find to be more problematic. Eg., my fasttech trident clone was fine firing at first but somehow, one of the negative posts ended up touching the positive post (at the base). I tried firing but nothing happened until a short while later the whole mod got extremely hot very fast.
Lesson learned: don't trust cloned atties and always keep an eye on them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
the clone vs original thing as I see it...

on mechs there isn't much that can go wrong if you take good care of them I don't think that either would last longer than the other, they are just steel tubes and a few extra pieces, I can bet than my nemesis clone with magnets should last a really really long time.

on rdas
clones probably need a bit of modding but once good they will last forever (if not you will probably get a second or third one and still cost you much less than the original)

on rtas (kayfuns, aquas, etc)
much more modding and if you use plastic parts they probably will last less than the originals

on the other side of the coin vv or vw devices are totally different, I would bet that a provari (I still hate those) would last much more than my previous zmax (after a month it began to give me issues)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
on rdas
clones probably need a bit of modding but once good they will last forever (if not you will probably get a second or third one and still cost you much less than the original)

on rtas (kayfuns, aquas, etc)
much more modding and if you use plastic parts they probably will last less than the originals

That may be true of cheap fasttech clones, but the high quality clones are 1:1 clones. They won't need any more modding than the originals because they are virtually identical. For instance, you can take any Hcigar clone, and swap out any part on it with the same part from an authentic Kayfun. Likewise, Hcigar parts will all fit onto the authentic Kayfuns.

Not sure where you're getting your clones, but those comments are not shared by people who buy high quality clones.

For instance, Rip Trippers...

Trident Clone vs. Trident RDA by Grand Vapor - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread