Mech mod disfigures a e-cig user, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    As a 2.5 year tootle puffer, I don't understand the fascination over the gear out there, I don't even know what a mech mod is.

But I offer you this: When someone approaches me, mentions that someone yesterday blew off half their lips vaping, and asks me how I can feel safe using mine, I ask them if they are concerned about driving their car to work because a top-fuel dragster blew up at the drag strip last night.

This is getting to be more like selling those same dragsters at lots of small shops in town to common folks cheap and pretty with bad gas and all season radials. To drive to work every day.

Reactions: DC2

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2015
    Santee,San Diego
    Write it "00.3" ohms if you really want to cause confusion. :lol:
    As a machinist it drives me nuts when I hear people say "zero point three ohms"! Just say "point three ohms"! Why waste the breath to say there's nothing there?!!:-x:lol::vapor:

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    As a machinist it drives me nuts when I hear people say "zero point three ohms"! Just say "point three ohms"! Why waste the breath to say there's nothing there?!!:-x:lol::vapor:

Well....maybe I just feel a little more educated if I throw in that 0 first, lol.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Apparently. You would be amazed the lack of understanding of basic math skills and common sense in our high school students. Maybe in elementary schools it should be taught by math teachers rather than elementary teachers. Obviously some elementary teachers do a fine job, but some aren't.

Try teaching in an urban district. High school students that can't tell time. Don't know how big an inch or a foot is. And we are supposed to teach them algebra. I took time out from algebra to teach them to tell time.
    Looks like my 4 yr old is ready for college.

Sloppy pants and all...

Tapatyped

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    I thank the recent spike of cheap high-wattage devices every day for not forcing me to teach basic fundamental math and safety to barely legal dudebros every time one came in wanting to chuck. I've sold one mech mod in almost six months now, and that was to a "collector". Everybody has moved onto boxes.

Unfortunately, like I said in another post, what I'm seeing now is a recent rash of young noobs (and even some adults) who have been given or sold left-over mech mods and RBAs and old, used, roughed-up batteries, by their friends who have moved on to regulated boxes. There is no transfer of knowledge with these transactions other than "dude can I have your old stuff?" followed by, "Yeah, bro."

Reactions: anavidfan

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I thank the recent spike of cheap high-wattage devices every day for not forcing me to teach basic fundamental math and safety to barely legal dudebros every time one came in wanting to chuck. I've sold one mech mod in almost six months now, and that was to a "collector". Everybody has moved onto boxes.

Unfortunately, like I said in another post, what I'm seeing now is a recent rash of young noobs (and even some adults) who have been given or sold left-over mech mods and RBAs and old, used, roughed-up batteries, by their friends who have moved on to regulated boxes. There is no transfer of knowledge with these transactions other than "dude can I have your old stuff?" followed by, "Yeah, bro."

I don't know how people let their batteries get so beat up. People are always posting pictures of "Should I use this battery?" What do people do, chew on them? Let the dog play with them? I don't get it. I have old batteries; but they all look as good as the day I got them.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I don't know how people let their batteries get so beat up. People are always posting pictures of "Should I use this battery?" What do people do, chew on them? Let the dog play with them? I don't get it. I have old batteries; but they all look as good as the day I got them.
    I beat the snot out of mine.

I have some that have been rewrapped twice at least.

Then again, I don't have to go looking or asking anything about batteries except what's the latest and greatest and how does it perform...

If I were clueless, I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Tapatyped

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Website stores should have a "are you sure you want to buy a mech mod? Read this first!"

Vapez

Pretty much all reputable online vendors have a disclaimer above the cart button stating it is an advanced device, you should know how to use it, you assume all risk with it, and/or cannot be returned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread