Mech mod disfigures a e-cig user, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
You lived in a place where "potential energy" was taught in elementary school?
That's a very good elementary school you went to.

Heck, it wasn't school. It was my obsession with comic books and superheroes that (kinda) taught me about potential and kinetic energy.

Gambit could convert the "potential" or "rest" energy in his deck of playing cards into "kinetic" (explosive) energy. This was literally the first time my 12 year old brain heard of these terms back in 1991.

In fact, 90% of my knowledge concerning physics, energy, science, etc., came directly from comic books and science fiction. My young mind devoured Star Trek technical manuals and other "rubber/fake pseudo science" books. This, of course, led to my interest in real world physics, space travel, and energy applications.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Heck, it wasn't school. It was my obsession with comic books and superheroes that (kinda) taught me about potential and kinetic energy.

Gambit could convert the "potential" or "rest" energy in his deck of playing cards into "kinetic" (explosive) energy. This was literally the first time my 12 year old brain heard of these terms back in 1991.

In fact, 90% of my knowledge concerning physics, energy, science, etc., came directly from comic books and science fiction. My young mind devoured Star Trek technical manuals and other "rubber/fake pseudo science" books. This, of course, led to my interest in real world physics, space travel, and energy applications.
I just watched Mr wizards world.

But gambit was my favorite for a stretch until I got more into wolverine.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Rocketpunk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Kids today. Faces planted in cell phone screens. Zero people skills. Zero interaction. Intelligence entropy. Legalized pot. Hey bro, I'm gonna screw this atty topper on and vape. I thought the comment about teaching kids how to tell time really says it all.

I wasn't kidding. I didn't understand why they were always asking me what time it was when there was a huge clock on the wall. Then it dawned on me, and I asked, "Do you only know how to read a digital clock?". And yes, they did. No one taught these kids how to tell time. They ranged in age from 14-20. Yes, in Ohio you may attend public school until age 21 if you haven't graduated by then.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Nobody knows how competent the guy was or what really happened, but from the scant bits we do have, namely the injuries along with the missing switch and battery its obvious something went wrong, likely that the gasses had nowhere to vent, once the pressure was high enough it blew the battery and switch one way and Newtons third law turned the body and topper into an RPG straight into the guy's head. Basically he was holding a device designed to maim or kill on failure.

As vaping continues to grow, as more guys are sold these things without any warning, no documentation, more will get hurt. Its just inevitable. Particularly when new mechs being made every day do nothing to ensure they can vent gasses and don't turn into pipe bombs or (like in this case) RPGs. Placebo holes are easier and give false comfort. Not one mech manufacture in existence has a manual, not even a decent FAQ, how to section or anything to that effect on their websites either, so new vapers being sold these things largely with no warning whatsoever and left to figure them out through trial and error. With the growing user base the probabilities of someone's error getting them killed will keep rising until it inevitably happens.

Demanding manuals, FAQs and proper venting from a mech is a ridiculously low bar to set....

...what's pathetic is that no one is asking.

Reactions: haleysdadda

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
There are times in life...

When we could learn a lot...

From Tom Hanks...

As Forest Gump...

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Because...

Gump, you're a _-_-_-_- Genius!!!...

However...

Stupid is...

Apparently a whole lot less competent than a Forrest full of Gump...

And on display here.

Tapatyped
2dbdbf6177d08181e78ae154d3e22d79.jpg

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I just watched Mr wizards world.

But gambit was my favorite for a stretch until I got more into wolverine.

Tapatyped

I LOVED Mr Wizard. I would watch him before catching the bus for elementary school. I remember the episode where he managed to peel a banana open with a needle and thread.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The one that stuck with me was when he collapsed the can by running cold water over it.

Tapatyped

Maybe that is what is happening with these incidents.... Too much Mr Wizard experiments ?
DONT TRY THIS AT HOME :danger:

WHen it comes to new and "in" things I kinda see this senario , only instead of the "button" its the whole power vaping temptation.

Last edited:

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

You know I never thought of myself as a geek, as I wasn't smart enough, lol but the fact I get what you just said makes me need to reevaluate my entire life, thanks really thank you for that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread