Mech mod safety - batteries, coils and everything you need to know to be an educated and safe vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
Thanks ya'll. I hope that one is easier to sit thru than my first attempt last thanksgiving :)

I was also shooting for more comprehensive but shorter :)

I am learning (slowly) to try to curb my babble and save it for the vlog :)
Super x it was perfect for me. Being a total newb to rebuilding I was able to understand everything you said. It calmed a lot of my fears. So thank you again.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Nobody was born rebuilding coils, but if you have the patience, the ability to learn some simple stuff and an easy to follow method, it's a piece of piss.

Naturally, i have all those things but lack purple eyeshadow.

Any SXD video under 28 minutes would attract attention ;)

T

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
One question I've always had but felt stupid asking is, are the amps the same between a 1ohm coil and a dual 2ohm coil that equals 1ohm?

Just the other day I tried a quad coil just cause I thought of it.. was quad 4ohm coils (came out to 1ohm). Was really crappy and took way too long to heat up. Can't remember if I used 26 or 28 gage wire.

Anyways I had a concern if that would be putting a large strain on my aw 2200mah 20 amp battery.

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
With a single coil, all the power is coming from that one coil, lots of vapor. With that quad coil, you're splitting the amp draw into 4 coils which probably isn't enough to produce very much vapor.
Now make dual 1 ohm coils, cutting your total resistance in half. That will give twice the power of a single 1 ohm coil(minus increased voltage drop), you'll get lots more vapor and flavor then.

Reactions: Debadoo

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The amp draw will be the same, for a given resistance, regardless how many coils there are. However, the heat up time will vary, depending on the gauge wire you use. Generally, at the same resistance, the lower the gauge (thicker the wire), the slower will be the heat up time.​

Reactions: Debadoo

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I loved this video. I wish I had seen it from the start of using the Reo. Super_X...if you have that written stuff in a file, could you send it to me? I'd like to print it off, and save it. My memory isn't so hot. I don't usually vape below 1.2 ohms, but I may wander down a little below 1 ohm in the future.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It's fair to say SXD used to never go below 1Ω for the longest time, so if you look at some of the earlier Odin videos before he went with dual coils, you'll get the idea.

i'll be very blunt about these things - if you use very low Ohm coils (and i do - i like them) you had better be bloody sure you know your batteries and battery safety well.

or 100m in 9.8s.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
One question I've always had but felt stupid asking is,
No such thing as a stupid question when it comes to battery safety especially, or anything else really. And.....you can bet that someone else will usually benefit from the answer too. That's why I encourage folks, if you ask something then find the answer. Add the answer to the post but leave the question up. Don't delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread