Not open for further replies.

mexin69

Mar 24, 2015
finland

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I have this room and I want to paint it. What color should I paint it?

You're asking a very subjective question here my friend. That 1.2 ohm coil on a mech will probably be a whole different world for you though. 1.2ohm at around 3.8 (after voltage drop) might be a tad warm, unless you're into that kind of thing.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
you mean like a Smowell DPV-50, where u can switch between vw and mech?
No. A hybrid mod does not have a female 510 pin, only the threading and an open hole. It connects the tank directly to the battery this way and saves generally 10mm in height. It works fine for RDA's and tanks that are made for this use and have a 510 pin that isn't spring loaded and protrudes a decent distance from the tank threading. The problem with spring loaded and flush or nearly flush connectors it that the positive and negative parts of the tank 510 connector (and therefore the coil itself) BOTH touch the positive end of the battery and cause a short circuit. Best case, it doesn't work... worst case, the battery itself (in an extreme case) could short and vent. Not good. Short little 18350 mods are generally good examples. The Calvert mod in particular is a great example. Google image search it and look at the top of the mod... just a big hole with 510 threading on the side.

mexin69

Mar 24, 2015
finland
No. A hybrid mod does not have a female 510 pin, only the threading and an open hole. It connects the tank directly to the battery this way and saves generally 10mm in height. It works fine for RDA's and tanks that are made for this use and have a 510 pin that isn't spring loaded and protrudes a decent distance from the tank threading. The problem with spring loaded and flush or nearly flush connectors it that the positive and negative parts of the tank 510 connector (and therefore the coil itself) BOTH touch the positive end of the battery and cause a short circuit. Best case, it doesn't work... worst case, the battery itself (in an extreme case) could short and vent. Not good. Short little 18350 mods are generally good examples. The Calvert mod in particular is a great example. Google image search it and look at the top of the mod... just a big hole with 510 threading on the side.

yeah, googled it, know what i should be looking for now, a stingray should work right?

mexin69

Mar 24, 2015
finland
Stingray is pretty popular.

I have one;

but I use mostly astro and chiyou; they both have the same threading, so I can interchange parts. and the astro is telescopic.

and then should it be copper or ss? is it just the top that should be copper for better hitting or the entire tube?

also got some recomendations for a 18650 mod that is one piece? not changeable between 18350,18500 and so on

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
and then should it be copper or ss? is it just the top that should be copper for better hitting or the entire tube?

also got some recomendations for a 18650 mod that is one piece? not changeable between 18350,18500 and so on

People who do very low ohms (like 0.2 ohms) tend to look for copper mechs.
If you get a copper mech, you'll also need to keep it clean, especially the threads;
I think the stingray-x has copper inside and steel outside.
The importance of the copper is low voltage drop.

With all the high powered mods out nowadays though, is it going to be worth it?

there's a mech mod forum around here

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I use a Subtank Nano on a Cloupor mini 30w and that fits perfect. Personally, I prefer regulated over unregulated, but I do have a dripper for those times I just want a good solid vape.

Your question, like others have said, is very subjective. It's more of a personal choice of style. Some like copper, some like small, some like big mechanical box mods with bombshells on it... it's very subjective.

The Kbox was designed for the subtanks, it's regulated. I'd probably recommend something designed for 22mm... which is most mods but the mini. For a mechanical mod, my preference is the Caravela full set. I've had it for over a year, and I still use it. It's a rock solid reliable mod. For regulated, my preference has been the Sigeli 100. That also seems to be a rock solid regulated mod as well.

Just for reference, here's my four "regular" mods... I have more, but these four I use regularly, and in these setups.

qTqkwlc.jpg

From left to right... Cloupor mini with subtank Nano (a good grab and go setup), Sigeli 100 with a fogger V4.0 (very reliable, and my @ home device), A Nemesis Clone + magnets + Kick W/squape-R For when I want to feel old school (I even use Silica in that build), and last, my Caravela clone w/derringer (solid performing drippe).

Not feeling the need to buy anything else.....except a subtank mini for a grab and go atomizer solution.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Essentially, get a non-hybrid with a good switch that looks good to you.

SKU 1448300
SKU 1830400

Both great choices, both had substantial price drops recently.

Neal, I'm using my SquapeR clone (the Triangle on FT) on my Nemesis right now! 500 mode, no kick, Derringer drip top to try to cut down on that obnoxious height LOL

EEqEISN.jpg

Last edited:

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I wouldn't run the subtank on a mech mod I met a guy at an event in Ft. Wayne last week that had an authentic AR mod vent an Imren 40 amp battery in his hand running a subtank mini with stock .5 coil the 510 pin is almost recessed in the threads of the atty some and without short circuit protection of a regulated chip, you're holding a pipe bomb in your hand

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I wouldn't run the subtank on a mech mod I met a guy at an event in Ft. Wayne last week that had an authentic AR mod vent an Imren 40 amp battery in his hand running a subtank mini with stock .5 coil the 510 pin is almost recessed in the threads of the atty some and without short circuit protection of a regula

ted chip, you're holding a pipe bomb in your hand

Well, there are plenty of people in the world that could destroy a wrecking ball with a q tip. I, however, am able to safely utilize them to clean my ears.

Seems to me that weilder of said pipe bomb may have been a large part of the problem.

I'm no pro. But I had the good sense to remove the pin and check it against the pin on the mini prior to assembly. There was plenty of room even when the pin on the mini was pushed in.

Was the "victim" using a hybrid?

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
The AR mod isn't capable of being used in a hybrid mode so that wasn't the problem. I'm not honestly sure the exact cause of the venting but for a .5 ohm stock coil to vent a 40 amp rated Imren battery something definitely didn't match up properly and the subtank mini 510 pin doesn't protrude any great level.
The 510 pin in the mod could have not made a proper connection and shorted the combo, we all could sit and speculate about what wrong but the truth of the matter is that the subtank mini doesn't have an adjustable 510 pin which makes me uneasy about using it on something that doesn't have short circuit protection and prohibits firing of a shorted device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread