Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Dude I asked about a screwdriver not in connection to the mechanical mod I just recived an new rda and I use pre build coils today I got a kanthal wire and I didnt knew what screwdriver to use couse I dont wrap,as I said I use pre build coils So dont get cocky man and telling me that I have a lack of knowledge trust me I know enough about regular mods/RDA/RTA etc.. about mech I dont understand so thats why I asked here about mech mods next time before judging me think twice
Pre-built coils or not, it is extremely important to know the hows and whys.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
For me, essentially the whole point of a mech is it allows me to create any kind of vape experience I want, any time I want, without relying on anything or anybody else, forever and ever. That's a tall order I put on myself but it works out wonderfully.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Dude......dont get cocky man and telling me that I have a lack of knowledge trust me I know enough about regular mods/RDA/RTA etc.. about mech I dont understand so thats why I asked here about mech mods next time before judging me think twice

You definitely do not...before you are becoming abusive, YOU should think twice! "Regular mods"...tsk tsk...
crazy.gif

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
You definitely do not...before you are becoming abusive, YOU should think twice! "Regular mods"...tsk tsk...
crazy.gif
I meant when I said 'you should think twice' by not judging me and saying that I have a lack on knowledge I vape for 7 months and I know how to build coils I just dont wrap the wires never tried only use pre build coils so I just asked a smiple q what screwdriver I need thats all

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I meant when I said 'you should think twice' by not judging me and saying that I have a lack on knowledge I vape for 7 months and I know how to build coils I just dont wrap the wires never tried only use pre build coils so I just asked a smiple q what screwdriver I need thats all
But you see we can't answer that question until you can answer a question like this:
Tell me, what diameter of screwdriver will you need to wrap a 5/4 .5 ohm contact coil with your 26g kanthal?
I mean, we could, but that would do you no good.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
My first brace of coils looked rubbish and didn't hit target resistance because I was winding them by hand on random screwdrivers. I got a simple cheap coil jig and enjoyed hassle free neat looking coils of precise resistance happily ever after. Also using steam-engine to model my prospective builds took all the guesswork out the process.

That skull&crossbones mech that someone linked to has a direct to battery 510, which introduces it's own set of safety concerns and is not recommended for a beginner.

Have a read through Baditude's blog, it's a mine of useful info specifically about mech mods.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Jesus. ...?

Sometimes I wonder if I should recommend someone learn to build an electromagnet and then a simple motor before they start getting into coil building, mech mods and maintenance, and explaining how important ohm's law and resistivity is...
I think you can take it on a case by case basis.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
aaanyway, as far as the OP goes, I'm satisfied things will all turn out alright.
Here's the thing, in the beginning we were all newbies with the same questions.
I've made some really crappy coils. We all have. Now we help others, so they can get the same enjoyment we do.

UD makes a really nice coil wrapping jig, that's what I use to get these:
image-10.jpeg

If it helps any, I'm a girl and I love mech mods and rdas.
It's not rocket surgery ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread