Mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
What the hell are you talking about bro

Material vs ideal I suppose... Matter vs digital even?

Hell even books are optional these days. Which means those basic tennets of information gathering and research for the young has become obsolete..

Legos still exist at least.

What I'm saying is that you are lacking in fundaments that have always been accessible to you and this is a great way to learn basic electrical circuit design.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I hear you. But when you are asking for a dowel size what you are asking is how large of a diameter do you need to coil a specific length (function of resistance) of wire in the number of wraps you prefer.

Old school:
Just google "coil wrap chart".

Digital:
Coil wrapping
Propagate the fields and it will do the work.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
images.jpg

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
I understand the poking of fun and appreciate it but then a piece of my adult side weighs in.

A mech mod has no safety feature other than human intellect and knowledge. As far as the battery is concerned the coil is there to prevent a hard short or to prevent the internal resistance of the battery causing heat, damage, and then venting.

Only seeing the coil as a heating element and not a fundamental safety feature of the circuit is dangerous in this application.

You are basically making a toaster with no safety fuse. Being that it's mechanical means it is efficient which is what we love about them ("it hits hard")

So I chimed in because I knew the simple and easy explanation was to send the guy to steam-engine but the empathetic sonofa..... that wants to teach respect for the idea or form spoke up... You don't know what you don't know and all that jive.

Fifty3

Aug 7, 2017
Boston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread