Mech mods help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazrazmataz

Nov 29, 2015
Hi I hope I'm popping this in the right section, I bought my first mech mod on Friday a wofoto phantom.

So far the experience has been disappointing and I'm wondering if it's as the mech is a poor one.

So problem is its creating hardly any vapour at all, I first built a standard dual coil .5 ohm and it was producing nothing there was more breath than vape coming out. After some ohms calculation I guessed I needs to build a lot lower so done a .25 build more vapour but still lame compared to my ipv4.

I'm using Sony batteries the read 4.2v off the charger, the mod is reading a .7 voltage drop at the pins with the hybrid connection.

I have tried 3 Rdas and varying builds but I just don't get the level of vape I do when on my regulated mod. I gather the mech is running lower wattage compared to my ipv4 which I normally run at 85 watts. I thought mechs would give much better results but I don't know if I just got a crap one or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: thetrucker

Bazrazmataz

Nov 29, 2015
make sure you have enough cotton if your dripping and make sure it is wet......leave an air hole under your coil....

Wick is spot on and air holes are left

It honestly sounds more like a connection problem between the mod and rda. Check the 510 connection. You said you tried 3 different rda's and at .25 you should be getting plenty of vapor. Switch could not be making good contact or the pin.

I thought this I've done all I can to make a strong connection made the pins protrude cleaned the connections.

What else can I do

Reactions: thetrucker

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
You need to build down to .14-.15ohm to pull 85W. Make sure you have a proper battery.

Dual coils, 24 gauge N80, 3.2mm ID, 3 wide spaced wraps is one of my favorites for a mech in that range. Depending on the size of the atty and what you like and don't like in a vape, 22-24 gauge kanthal or N80, 3mm-4mm ID, and experiment. Meter your build, don't guess.

Probably best to gain some experience at around .2ohm. Close down the air a bit to warm it up some.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Make sure your contacts are clean, this includes the battery contacts on the battery and mech, any parts to the 510 connection, all the threads, and any moving parts to the switch that carry current. Use a light coating of dielectric grease on any electromechanical contact points. This should bring your volt drop down a bit assuming the batteries are still new and haven't gained internal resistance.
Dual coil builds in the .2-.3 ohm range should create plenty of vapor.

Edit:
Make sure the threads of your mod aren't coated in paint/powdercoat as well.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
If you mount that atty on the regulated mod and run it at the same power mech is running. What are the results? Remember running that low pulling that many amps you are NOT going too get many clouds before you deplete the battery. The mech doesn't have a boost circuit to make up for battery drainage, or voltage drop.

You want to mimic the 85 watts on the mech. Build higher ohms and a hotter coil.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
If you mount that atty on the regulated mod and run it at the same power mech is running. What are the results? Remember running that low pulling that many amps you are NOT going too get many clouds before you deplete the battery. The mech doesn't have a boost circuit to make up for battery drainage, or voltage drop.

You want to mimic the 85 watts on the mech. Build higher ohms and a hotter coil.

This right here! How is the build on your regulated at 4.1 volts? I've got a phantom and it's a great mech. It's tall, but the recessed button is great, although I do not use the hybrid style connector, just the standard 510 pin. That's definitely not saying there couldn't be something wrong with yours.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Not sure why you would think a mech would give more results then a regulated device? That was true years ago when the highest regulated device they had was 15 to 20 watts, but now with these regulated high wattage chips it's the other way around. I used to own many mechanical mods but don't use them anymore, besides how pretty some of them truly are, I see no advantage of a mech anymore. I mean it's crazy, you would have to build so close to a dead short to even come close to regulated results, it's not worth it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
If you normally run 85W and willing to build down to .25, stick to regulated. If you have to ask about mech with this kind of build, your not ready. Just my :2c:

Not sure why you would think a mech would give more results then a regulated device? That was true years ago when the highest regulated device they had was 15 to 20 watts, but now with these regulated high wattage chips it's the other way around.

100 times this. Mech mods are outclassed in price to performance and ease of use. Besides this, can't tell if you have already, please read up on battery hazards and how to avoid them. You are toying around with a lung condition in the worst case scenario of battery fumes.

Reactions: vapdivrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread