Mechanical mods under $100?

Discussion in 'APV Discussion' started by chrisrook, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chrisrook

chrisrook Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

After getting a VV/VW device, I realized it wasn't what I was looking for. So, now i'm on the hunt for a mechanical, but my budget isn't that big. I'm looking for preferably under $100, and $50 or under would be better. I know the one I want, but will only get once I am comfortable on mechanicals (eyeballing the Titanide and Curve), so i'm saving money for a higher end mechanical, not trying to be cheap. So, anyone have any suggestions?

2. Statistic

Statistic REOnaughty Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I am ready to get my first mech, and do not want to get in over my head before I'm sure I like the mech experience.

I am soooo tempted to snatch one of THESE up, they seem to get really good reviews and $35 isn't exactly a big risk :p

Only available in blue but so what :p

3. BostonVape

BostonVape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

4. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

5. qorax

qorax Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That HV's K-100 is pretty sleek, has rave reviews all over. And @ $35 it's a steal. I purchased 2 x Mechs from them... the other two on the same page... and they r performing great. HV's CS is awesome too... had lots of commn with them b4 I took the plunge.

6. entropy1049

entropy1049 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is a heck of a deal. I don't have personal experience with the Natural, but have heard nothing but good about it for the price point. The RSST is currently my favorite RBA, WAY more forgiving to set up than a lot of other genesis RBA's.

Also, I'd plug the Legacy from puresmoker. A good looking, rock-solid, bone simple mech at a great price (>$90).

7. Scott_Simpson

Scott_Simpson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I second the Legacy from Puresmoker suggestion, and I might mention that they've just come out with a flat top cap for it which really completes the look with attys like the AGA-T and the RSST! Run any battery configuration from 18350s and 18500s to 18650s, with or without a Kick!

8. xstitch

xstitch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love my k100's, I have a blue and a gold! I don't have experience with anything else but thought I'd share anyway :D

9. Statistic

Supporting member
    Well of course I waited too long. I was gonna go ahead and order one a few minutes ago and they are sold out, even the blue.

10. chrisrook

Wow, a lot of good responses. First off, statistic, I keep getting a dead link from the one you posted.

I have seen a few Sigelei's I liked, but can't find them on any site. I've seen people rave about the Natural on here, and I do like the price on that kit. I'm gonna take some time to look through what y'all posted. Can't get a new mod until I sell my old one anyway.

11. Statistic

Supporting member
    Yeah it's broken now, they sold out :(

It was a blue Kamry K100 for only $35

12. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you get a legacy, you get a high end mod for under $100.

If not, I think the Sigelei #8 has been my favorite of the under $50 mechs I have had. I paid $33 for mine.

13. Statistic

Supporting member
    looks like GotVapes has the copper one (much better looking, imo) for $50 and it comes with a chrome drip tip and a carto. The one from hoosiervapes did not come with a drip tip or carto.

Check it out here, it's ugly as sin but gets great reviews. Honestly the more I look at the thing the less ugly I think it is, lol.

14. Fury83

15. Fury83

16. chrisrook

Thank you for the link to the #8! That is the exactly Sigelei I have been looking for and have been unable to find.

17. Fury83

No problem, it's a lot nicer than I expected for the price.

18. Soundhunter

Soundhunter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you want to get more than your money's worth - Legacy..high end U.S. Made mod..much less expensive than it really out to be..as reference..My EA Mod is worth every penny I paid for it .. no buyer's regret at all....and yet my Legacy is every bit as good..for just a hair over half the coin..sometimes... I am stunned this mod doesn't get more love around here..

19. Statistic

Supporting member
    What I don't like about the legacy is the way it looks. I like straight tubes, simple clean, the simpler the better. (I know, I know, the K100 is the opposite of that but it is CHEAP and apparently a tank) I haven't used a mech yet so I am just guessing that I would prefer a bottom button. The EA MOD looks freaking awesome, I'd drop the cash on it right now if I knew I liked mechs.. but for my first mech experience I want to be a bit more sensible than that :p AND if I do like them then I'll have a cheap backup already :D

Fury, Thanks for the links! I'd guess the #8 is as good starting point as any. Heck, for the money I may just get a #8 and a K100 and get to experience both button types :p

20. Fury83

Legacy is a stud, I just figure it's best to give people their options.

: provari, vamo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.