Mechanical mods under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiMp LEg DoNKey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NC
I second the #8. This is the only device I'm using now and it's great. It also feels much more expensive than what u pay for it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367283558.450149.jpg

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
I got a ccts, a sigelei, and a k100 all in the same week. I have to say that my k100 gets all day use! This little baby is a beast! It his hard and consistently. I have never had a misfire. I love this mechanical and I think hoosiervapes has them for $35. Can't beat it!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I got a ccts, a sigelei, and a k100 all in the same week. I have to say that my k100 gets all day use! This little baby is a beast! It his hard and consistently. I have never had a misfire. I love this mechanical and I think hoosiervapes has them for $35. Can't beat it!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yep, good ones, but currently OOS! :grr:

chrisrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Bradenton
Just checked out the Legacy, and it is a beaut. Getting a long list of beautiful mechs I want to try! Think I might pull on the #8, been eyeballing it for a while but couldn't find it. Maybe after that, i'll look into getting a Legacy, then a Curve/Titanide. One of the things I like about mechs, so many beautiful ones out there.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
What I don't like about the legacy is the way it looks. I like straight tubes, simple clean, the simpler the better. (I know, I know, the K100 is the opposite of that but it is CHEAP and apparently a tank) I haven't used a mech yet so I am just guessing that I would prefer a bottom button. The EA MOD looks freaking awesome, I'd drop the cash on it right now if I knew I liked mechs.. but for my first mech experience I want to be a bit more sensible than that :p AND if I do like them then I'll have a cheap backup already :D

Fury, Thanks for the links! I'd guess the #8 is as good starting point as any. Heck, for the money I may just get a #8 and a K100 and get to experience both button types :p
\

You really dont like this Statistic???...I'm hurt :(.....just kidding :p

photo.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
\

View attachment 204815

Hey, IT IS good looking, no doubt about it. And the combo that u have there - makes it even better - great! However, I too like my Mods in 'straight" cut/shape, including an un-bevelled top cap. Thus, if Legacy had avoided that 'head-shape' of u know what - it'd've been nicer. I repeat, niceR.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
\

View attachment 204815

That is a sharp setup you have there. I can appreciate it but I do prefer the straight tubes. I'm boring :p

Qorax, I decided today that I want a Sigelei #19. That thing looks awesome, but of course it is nowhere to be had right now. So I ordered a #8 this morning :D
I can't wait for it to get here but I want you to know I will be holding you accountable for my satisfaction or dissatisfaction, whichever the case may be ;)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That is a sharp setup you have there. I can appreciate it but I do prefer the straight tubes. I'm boring :p

Qorax, I decided today that I want a Sigelei #19. That thing looks awesome, but of course it is nowhere to be had right now. So I ordered a #8 this morning :D
I can't wait for it to get here but I want you to know I will be holding you accountable for my satisfaction or dissatisfaction, whichever the case may be ;)

Hi,

I also posted my First Impressions of the KTS-GGTS (alongwith 12 pictures) HERE. And vaping both concurrently - I'd put my penny on the Sigelei #8. Both r quality products, each has it's own merits, both 'look' great. However, the #8 is my fav, till now. Thus, I believe u'd be happy too.

Oh, Congrats on the purchase!

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field

Alright,alright..have it your way :closedeyes::laugh::toast:...just kidding around with you guys.. I like straight clean lines like you do as well... Congrats on your new mod....sure you will love it!

photo.jpg

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Hi,

I also posted my First Impressions of the KTS-GGTS (alongwith 12 pictures) HERE. And vaping both concurrently - I'd put my penny on the Sigelei #8. Both r quality products, each has it's own merits, both 'look' great. However, the #8 is my fav, till now. Thus, I believe u'd be happy too.

Oh, Congrats on the purchase!

That KTS-GGTS is a mighty fine looking piece of kit, thanks for sharing! Of course I was kidding about holding you accountable for anything, that was my way of saying your opinions about the #8 were a factor in my decision to get it. I like that you are so enthusiastic about it, I am like a kid at christmas here.. I can not wait for it to show up!! :D

Hmmm... man... the more I look at that mod the more I like it. The one you are holding does look a bit different from the website though. I thought the Legacy had a beveled top cap, and the switch on yours looks a bit different too. On their website I didn't see any pics depicting the difference between the button being locked or unlocked, if it has a button lock.

Decisions decisions. I'm gonna have to exercise some self control and just not order anything else until my first mech gets here :p

Last edited:

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
That KTS-GGTS is a mighty fine looking piece of kit, thanks for sharing! Of course I was kidding about holding you accountable for anything, that was my way of saying your opinions about the #8 were a factor in my decision to get it. I like that you are so enthusiastic about it, I am like a kid at christmas here.. I can not wait for it to show up!! :D

Hmmm... man... the more I look at that mod the more I like it. The one you are holding does look a bit different from the website though. I thought the Legacy had a beveled top cap, and the switch on yours looks a bit different too. On their website I didn't see any pics depicting the difference between the button being locked or unlocked, if it has a button lock.

Decisions decisions. I'm gonna have to exercise some self control and just not order anything else until my first mech gets here :p

That's because this one has the Legacy's new flat top cap :).. bottom button has a lock out - The picture is in fire mode.. by the way.. you can leave it in "fire mode" if you want to and set it down on your desk and it wont fire.. will sit securely either way.. Love the bottom switch on this mod..very smooth and secure..easy on the old pinky finger...and mine is pretty old :p

chrisrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Bradenton
So, update. I was waiting until payday to order my #8, and the site went out of stock. So, was going through the classifieds and found a member selling a CCTS in decent condition (gonna need some cleaning) for way below my budget. So, it's going in the mail today and should be here by the end of the week. Thanks for all you help guys/gals. If I end up falling in love with the CCTS, will most likely be looking for a higher end mod by the end of summer then!

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
The #8's are back in stock at VaporTek :D ;) I'm thinking about grabbing a second for..uhh..backup, lol.

Grats on your entry into mechanical vaping! I hope you love your CCTS as much as I love my Sig8.

My mind is so thoroughly blown with the difference between mech and electronic vaping I actually traded my Provari for an Electric Angel, should be here by the end of the week, sooooo excited I can barely stand it :p

Link to Sig8's in stock

Last edited:

chrisrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Bradenton
Figures, I buy something and the item I was looking at comes back in stock. Anyone know how the Natural holds up compared to the #8? Vaportek has the $100 Natural with RSST combo I wouldn't mind grabbing at the end of the summer.

And thanks for the congrats and info about it being back in stock.

Also, know the feeling about trading, ended up trading my SID for rebuildable's and materials to use with the CCTS.

justinstar77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
After getting a VV/VW device, I realized it wasn't what I was looking for. So, now i'm on the hunt for a mechanical, but my budget isn't that big. I'm looking for preferably under $100, and $50 or under would be better. I know the one I want, but will only get once I am comfortable on mechanicals (eyeballing the Titanide and Curve), so i'm saving money for a higher end mechanical, not trying to be cheap. So, anyone have any suggestions?

Realized I was in the same boat after I bought my Vamo. Nothing wrong with it just want too see the difference between a vv/vw with kanger clearos and a mech with rba's . Under $100 is my budget too. Since I think the Vamo is fine I went in on a couple pre-orders. Personally I'm not a fan of pinky or bottom firing. What can I say I don't have big hands and it just looks like it would be awkward to use for me. Currently, I'm waiting on a sigelei #20 and the new smok tech mini e-pipe, both from vaportekusa. I'll let you know how I like them when they arrive!

nlogax

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
AZ
I wanted to like my natural, but I didn't. Much preferred my DrawTube to the natural (which I didnt see mentioned here either).

Would you happen to know what the diameter of the top of the drawtube is? I see theyre on sale at vaporbank and want to get a tank thats the same size (or closest I can get).

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Would you happen to know what the diameter of the top of the drawtube is? I see theyre on sale at vaporbank and want to get a tank thats the same size (or closest I can get).

Pretty sure its just a hair over 22mm, matches up with the aga-t nicely. The drawtube top cap and 510 threading is NICE for a china deal its a solid mod I had no trouble out of mine, I didn't notice a difference after sanding the contacts, YMMV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread