Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Lots of pine though. I camped outside Mt. Katadhin one time at a camp ground called Abol on the Penobscot River. Beautiful view of Katadhin. We took the Golden Road out which is a private road for the Great Northern Paper Company. It was a very rough ride for mile after mile. It literally killed the shocks on my VW Rabbit. I didn't see one cocobol tree.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Lots of pine though. I camped outside Mt. Katadhin one time at a camp ground called Abol on the Penobscot River. Beautiful view of Katadhin. We took the Golden Road out which is a private road for the Great Northern Paper Company. It was a very rough ride for mile after mile. It literally killed the shocks on my VW Rabbit. I didn't see one cocobol tree.
I love the country in that area small world my friend :) Yes lots of pine not so good for woodvils

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
The contacts I am having made up are Beryllium copper . I had some in the shop so I made up a positive contact and a spring similar to the contacts that will be used in the kits I am having made . Of course the contacts that I am having made will be plated and better looking this was just a quick test so I could get & idea of how well the material would perform . I am sure there will be some differences in the final product .

.39 ohm

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
Nice work Rob. Think it's safe to say you're going to sell a couple of kits. :laugh:

Are you still applying Noalox to the firing pin? And, if so, have you ever tried using Carbon or Silver (expensive!) conductive grease as an alternative? I've heard they both have better conductivity than Noalox. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean there would be anything gained for this particular application. But, I'm curious.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
The contacts I am having made up are Beryllium copper . I had some in the shop so I made up a positive contact and a spring similar to the contacts that will be used in the kits I am having made . Of course the contacts that I am having made will be plated and better looking this was just a quick test so I could get & idea of how well the material would perform . I am sure there will be some differences in the final product .

Apparently somebody caught me on film after seeing these numbers!

Where do I sign up??!!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Nice work Rob. Think it's safe to say you're going to sell a couple of kits. :laugh:

Are you still applying Noalox to the firing pin? And, if so, have you ever tried using Carbon or Silver (expensive!) conductive grease as an alternative? I've heard they both have better conductivity than Noalox. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean there would be anything gained for this particular application. But, I'm curious.
I I dont think you will need any noalox or conductive grease with the new contacts

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
F-dippely-doo-kin NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.25V on a .4Ω coil?

0.11V on a 1.1Ω coil?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I didn't do the math . I did just about burnt my finger on the .4 ohm coil dam thing caught on fire the first two times I tried it . I dont no how you guys vape with that much heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread