Mechanical reos will be seeing some upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm liking the idea of no more noalox. Was going to ask dib or dz if they could make me one, now I'll just wait on Rob
Pdibs
fuse holder is great and safe in my opinion . I cant put them in my mods because I no people will not use them properly . They will use over size fuses and some will jam paper clips in the connections . Crazy yeah it is but there are people that will do these type of things . Once I get this sub ohm kit rolling I will work on a fuse system for the mods . I love the idea of a fuse but it has to be something a user cant over ride easily

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
F-dippely-doo-kin NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.25V on a .4Ω coil?

0.11V on a 1.1Ω coil?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I didn't do the math . I did just about burnt my finger on the .4 ohm coil dam thing caught on fire the first two times I tried it . I dont no how you guys vape with that much heat

My average for a .4Ω coil was 0.3V. . . . . . your's, good sir, is better. On a 1Ω coil, my best ever was 0.13V . . .. your's, my good man, is better. :vapor:

My finger, however, good Robert, is not burnt . . . . . your's, sir, (finger that is) is burnt*. :p

*or just about

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm pretty sure Rob's tests were with Beryllium Copper contacts BOTH positive and negative. So, no, not the stock spring (that's not possible; as as the stock spring contributes ~.5-.6V drop on a .4Ω coil). He said it wasn't the actual product, but the same material. Also, that the actual product would be plated. Since B.Copper is resistant to oxidization, that plating ain't gonna be chrome. The only point in plating it would be to use a more expensive and even more conductive material.

Last edited:

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pdibs
fuse holder is great and safe in my opinion . I cant put them in my mods because I no people will not use them properly . They will use over size fuses and some will jam paper clips in the connections . Crazy yeah it is but there are people that will do these type of things . Once I get this sub ohm kit rolling I will work on a fuse system for the mods . I love the idea of a fuse but it has to be something a user cant over ride easily

Yeah, we don't need any Reonauts winning Darwin Awards, like these guys: 1998 Urban Legend: Frog Giggin' Accident in Arkansas

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I I dont think you will need any noalox or conductive grease with the new contacts

Most Excellent! That is wonderful news!

Awesome, great to hear. I personally am not a fan of Noalox & avoid it anyway I can. :)

That is just a PITA to me.

I'm pretty sure Rob's tests were with Beryllium Copper contacts BOTH positive and negative. So, no, not the stock spring (that's not possible; as as the stock spring contributes ~.5-.6V drop on a .4Ω coil). He said it wasn't the actual product, but the same material. Also, that the actual product would be plated. Since B.Copper is resistant to oxidization, that plating ain't gonna be chrome. The only point in plating it would be to use a more expensive and even more conductive material.

Yeppers. That is what he said. This upgrade will be wonderful for all vapers, not just the sub ohm ones. When you combine extended battery life with reduced maintenance, that makes a great device even greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread