Melo 3 mini gets REALLY HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yab06

Dec 27, 2016
Hi im new to this forum just got into vaping for a week now. Im a smoker for 7 years a pack a day. I did my research about vaping and my device is istick pico 75w with melo 3 mini tank and batt is samsung 25r5. My first try is at 20w but i didnt get enough vapor using 0.3 ohm btw. Then i bump it up to 30w and its fine until im not satisfied enough after 4 days i bump it at 45w and thats what i like but the tank is getting really hot at 3 puffs. I hold my puff for 3-4 secs everytime and i do chain vape direst lung now. Im using 50/50 with 12mg nic. I vape every hour. Is it normal? And safe? The device thou is not getting hot only the tank.

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Yab06

Dec 27, 2016
Leave more time in between puffs. Chain vaping will make your unit hot. I have a Pico as well and it is not good for chain vaping.
Not really my type i more likely to chain vape to get my nic. Only the tank gets relly hot and its annoying cos the driptip gets hot too i cant vape. Do i need to change my tank? Or device? Whats best device for chain vaping at 45w? I dont like rdas and mech mods. I like safe vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Only the tank gets relly hot and its annoying cos the driptip gets hot too i cant vape. Do i need to change my tank? Or device?

Your drip tip gets hot because the hot coils in your tank are transmitting the heat to the drip tip. Not really a safety issue, just uncomfortable.

Save your lips. Get yourself a delrin (plastic) drip tip as a replacement for the metal one that came with your tank. I use the below drip tip -- best drip tip I've ever used.

CloudChaserXL.jpg

Last edited:

EMusic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2016
Encino, CA
Hi im new to this forum just got into vaping for a week now. Im a smoker for 7 years a pack a day. I did my research about vaping and my device is istick pico 75w with melo 3 mini tank and batt is samsung 25r5. My first try is at 20w but i didnt get enough vapor using 0.3 ohm btw. Then i bump it up to 30w and its fine until im not satisfied enough after 4 days i bump it at 45w and thats what i like but the tank is getting really hot at 3 puffs. I hold my puff for 3-4 secs everytime and i do chain vape direst lung now. Im using 50/50 with 12mg nic. I vape every hour. Is it normal? And safe? The device thou is not getting hot only the tank.

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Oh and welcome to the forums! :)

Reactions: Yab06

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
... i more likely to chain vape to get my nic.
Consider getting more nicotine by using a juice with more nicotine. Your 12mg nic. blend is light for your 1st week away from cigarettes. If you were to vape 18-22mg, you could reduce your amperage, increase your ohms, decrease the heat, & save money by vaping less juice.

If you cannot find your flavors with a higher nicotine content, you may want to visit the DIY E-Liquid section for advice.

Last edited:

Yab06

Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the replies.
Consider getting more nicotine by using a juice with more nicotine. Your 12mg nic. blend is light for your 1st week away from cigarettes. If you were to vape 18-22mg, you could reduce your amperage, increase your ohms, decrease the heat, & save money by vaping less juice.

If you cannot find your flavors with a higher nicotine content, you may want to visit the DIY E-Liquid section for advise.
Yeah my problem is i cant find a shop here in the philippines that has higher nic than 12mg. And im kinda afraid to make ejuice by myself. I think im gonna search for more vape shop here in the philippines. Im new to vaping like i said its beeb a week i need to learn a lot. Thanks btw.

Reactions: KentA and MMW

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah my problem is i cant find a shop here in the philippines that has higher nic than 12mg. And im kinda afraid to make ejuice by myself. I think im gonna search for more vape shop here in the philippines. Im new to vaping like i said its beeb a week i need to learn a lot. Thanks btw.
Mixing eliquid is extremely easy. Quite safe as well. If you happen to spill high nic liquid on your hands just wash your hands. I use 38 mg nicotine for mixing and have no ill effects if I happen to get some on my hands. If you're still worried, use rubber gloves.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Thread is now 9 months old, but I just picked up my old Melo 3 Mini, and forgot how HOT this tank gets. I tried it on different mods as a test. Using a .3 ohm SS coil, at 400 degrees F, and not chain vaping, 3-4 moderate hits and this tank gets HOTTER, then any other tank I own. Not sure why, but it's been noted all over the Internet, not just here.

Perhaps all this extra heat, adds to the 2nd issue reported online as well, and that it is subject to LEAKING. I've had some small juice droplets under the atty, looks like it comes out of the bottom of the loose AFC ring. But other times I've come back to a sitting atty after a few days with a lot more juice oozing out. I'm now testing it out with another black model tank, with an oring from a new coil. So far, no leaks.

Also noted the 510 pin is on the short side. Won't even work on my Vaporshark Switchbox! Atty NOT seen.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I'm glad you pointed out how old the thread is since I didn't notice and was about to reply to someone from the top of the thread. :lol:

I'll just say that the melo III mini got very hot for me too and it wasn't my favorite tank.

I moved onto using mostly RTA's. Using the same juice there is simply a lot less flavor with all my prebuilt coil tanks. Revisiting the past again, proves it to me.

Reactions: RainSong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread