Menthol E Juice HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2017
Hey, Guys

So I purchased my first mod from Atlantic Vapor about a month ago and naturally I picked up some of their e-liquid with my purchase. I asked the attendant what would be closest to the cigs I smoked, he suggested their Greenwich Village Menthol in high VG, and I bought a bunch of bottles. I put it in the tank, and I like the stuff. Been vaping it ever since very happily.

So, after my first run in with e juice, I figured it would be pretty easy to find other juices that suited my taste buds. Heck, the very first one I tried was a hit! So, I went out and bought a bunch. I was excited thinking my taste buds would be sent on a fun journey. Instead I've found literally every ejuice aside from my Greenwich Village Menthol to taste absolutely disgusting, and I've tried some pretty popular offerings.

Now, I realize the easy answer is just keep buying the juice I like -- and trust me that is the plan. However, I would like to find some alternatives that might be fun / are a bit more cost effective. I'm thinking there must be a common ingredient or something else that is turning me off. I figure some of you juice junkies might be able to reccommend something to try. Below are the juices I've tried and my thoughts, thanks in advance for taking the time:

1. Atlantic Vapor Depth Charge Greenwich Village Menthol: I like this one! A bit more mint than menthol on the inhale with a slightly nutty american tobacco aftertaste. Ideally, I'd enjoy a bit more of a true menthol and more throat hit but it's good stuff.

2. Halo Sub Zero: This juice actually didn't gross me out. And, to be fair to Halo, it was exactly what they said it would be -- strong ... menthol and that's about it. For me, there was no mintiness to go along with the cool of the menthol which made the liquid rather unappealing.

3. VaporFi Menthol Tobacco: I honestly don't understand how anyone likes this stuff. To me, it tasted like vaporized cologne, just awful and absolutely nothing like menthol or tobacco.

4. Vapewild Menthol Type-e: Apparently this stuff is supposed to taste like a Newport cigarette. On the plus side, the menthol is there and the throat hit is nice. There's also a hint of mintiness that is there. Heck, on the inhale this stuff tastes pretty damn good. Then comes the aftertaste, which I would equate to leaving a stale cigarette in a bucket of water and then trying to light it on fire.

5. Brewell Tobacco Series Ice: This one was semi tolerable. Nice menthol, nice mintiness. Again though, there is this faint cologne like flavor that just doesn't remind me of tobacco and therefore doesn't sit well.

6. Cuttwood Unicorn Milk: Yeah, it's not menthol and it's not really important to this question. But, I cannot understand what is so appetizing about this stuff. WAY too much custard for me.

So, does anyone have any thoughts? Heck, has anyone else tried Greenwich Village Menthol and has any comparisons? Also, what the heck do I do with all these mostly full bottles of ejuice that I don't like?

Thanks!!

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2017
My wife was a lifetime menthol smoker and is vaping a menthol from our local shop and loves it. The shop is local to VA, MD and PA. The flavor is Menthol from Vape Dojo. You can buy online $20/100ml. I like Black Menthol which is menthol with a light blackberry. We are both new to vaping and searching for good flavors.

Thanks, this looks exactly like what I've been looking for. Simple menthol flavor and excellent pricing. I ordered a bottle and am looking forward to it. The black menthol sounds quite good as well!!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
never found an all-in-one tobacco and menthol combo juice i enjoyed, other than usa blend menthol but, it was not tobacco-ey enough.

i was a kool 100 smoker and my favorite menthol-mint tobacco vape for about 3 yrs was a mixture of these two:
Mentho-Mint eLiquid
Tobacco eLiquid

i mixed 1/4 of first with 3/4 of second and it was a close enough perfect tobacco-menthol like cig without the burning taste to me. (they have a tobacco-menthol juice but, it tasted weird so don't bother). prices however are on the higher side.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I've tried a few of these juices, high quality form a reputable USA lab. If your looking for menthol they have a "Mint Tobacco." It has Mint and menthol.. nice throat hit. It is not high Vg. Not sure what tank you are using, or if your a MTL or DL vaper...this juice is good for MTL devices. Not for RDAs or high wattages. Sub ohming menthol at high wattages is too intense for me. Taste is subjective though..
It reminds me of a Mint n menthol of a Newport cig.
B Eliquids - Bottles - Tubes - Von Erl Pods & Starter Kit

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Normally mix my own but my grandson gave me a bottle of menthol juice recently. It was 5 Pawns Bowden's Mate. I really liked it. It's supposed to have chocolate and mint in it but I didn't know that until just now when I looked it up. I can pick up the chocolate now, knowing it's there. Mostly menthol to me. Might be worth a try.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I mix my own juices for several years now but the best menthol I've tasted is by black note. It's called Black Note-Solo, it's an expensive juice but it is a great tasting juice. I was a menthol smoker for years and this juice was the closest I've tasted to a menthol cig.
I've been on that site many times ( long time ago)but never pulled the trigger and bought any of them... the price and the was a factor and I was using premade factory coils at the time which get destroyed by NET juices. always wanted to try there line of NET liquids... now that 90% of my devices are RTAs now I might give the Solo a try..

Has anyone tried any good Nicotine Salt based Menthol ejuice??

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
My wife was a lifetime menthol smoker and is vaping a menthol from our local shop and loves it. The shop is local to VA, MD and PA. The flavor is Menthol from Vape Dojo. You can buy online $20/100ml. I like Black Menthol which is menthol with a light blackberry. We are both new to vaping and searching for good flavors.
Seeing your description of black menthol, I decided to diy me some!

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I like orchard frost from backwoods brew but they may have went out of business.
    I'm trying thug juice from mount baker vapor.Its okay and worth trying.MBV has reasonable cost and just came out with big bottles in some flavors.
    One can order different ratios of vg on MBV so one might be able to fine tune flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread