Merged old Janty eGo sticky threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
well, i believe how long i vape on a 14500 against a 10440 320mah. it is more than 3 times. thats a fact i prove every single day i use those things.

there are differences between the 14500 batteries, thats a 2nd fact. if i get my babyJ i will see whats really up with your new integrated battery. but i really doubt you prove me wrong. ;)

[edit] janty still have one free shot to deliver a bad device for me, until this happens i will buy the next thing you throw at me :)
you guys got me right away from cigarettes with my very 1st kissbox extended i bought. that
alone is worth every € i spent.
and your open discussion style and patience is improving jantys image more than you think yourself ... i think ;) .

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Well, i trust the engineers that have taken the battery apart, and have conducted wide spread tests on numerous ones of these 14500 batteries - no offense ofcourse.

There IS also a chance that the batteries you have for the jantystick are bad - and as such doesnt provide you with the duration you should have gotten from them: The batteries we sell arent high quality, hence the price.

How long does your Jantystick battery last? In hours i mean: mine is around 6 hours on pretty decent vaping. The thing is, you dont need more. If your JS battery lasts say 4 hours, thats still okay - but that also means that the Baby J, IF it runs 600 mAH will last twice that = 8 hours + it has integrated USB for charging while vaping = You wont need any more than this.

I mean more mAH is always nice to have, but its not essential once you reach a certain point - i think crossing the 5-6 hour line is adequate in any regard.

And if you do happen to have some very nice good quality 14500 batteries, well good for you - but thats not our impression of them - and still, even if they did produce 900 mAH, this is still a third party product and it will still mean a huge alteration in design if people were to be able to take out the batteries and replace with their own - its practically impossible to do this while maintaining USB charging at the end of the Baby J.

So - all in all, as i mentioned before im happy about your inputs, but I hope you realise that we are doing things our way because of several valid reasons; And several weeks of research.

;)

EDIT: Oh and by the way, i am checking up again on the 14500 battery. not because i want to use it in baby j - but because i want to make sure that it IS infact as bad as ive been told. I mean - i dont mind being right, - but i do mind telling you that you are wrong, if im infact wrong. :)

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Very nice, Mik! As a fan of the 510, you're making it very difficult for me to choose between the Baby J with an adapter, or the Ego. If the price is right, I may have to get one of each!

Very classy looking PV. I'm still waiting to check out the next versions of the Stick, as well.

They go well together as a pair i must admit - we might even consider making a double package with a reduced price.

But if you are a fan of the 510, GET the Ego, it is seriously amazing :) Im using mine alot more than i thought i would - it actually has me gotten back on the 510 train!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Can you post some pictures? I'm in China at the moment and can't get youtube for some stupid reason.

Hey

It will have to wait till tomorrow, theyre on a different machine a few miles from where i am now - but ill upload them as soon as i can!

If you are in china, you can try to search on google for an online proxy surfer - that should bypass most stuff :oops:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Here you go - uploaded these two for you, hope that will do until you get back from China!

img6399.jpg

img6400.jpg

I have also posted two pics in the Ego thread for you (of the ego.. naturally =)

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
The high power option should be available come next year. But i must admit that even though i personally also do enjoy the occasional 5 volt, then this is seriously hitting me so hard that i dont need it - i mean it might just be 3.7 but it gives me extreme vapor, and a ton of taste - i think 5 volt on it, as it is now would be fun to have but i would still smoke this as it is now 98% of the time.
''

Mik... The Baby J is looking super to me. I don't mind the fact you're planning to use proprietary batteries, as long as you plan on offering a "juicy" (say 6 month) warranty on them! I think that since you offer a 6 month warranty on the KBC attys. you should make some guarantee on the new batteries as well as it appears they are going to cost a good part of the kit.

Also, you mention a higher voltage option available "next year". We're already in the final two months of this year and yet release dates remain highly secretive or undetermined. Will this first model even be released in 2009?

Don't get me wrong, I'm really loving the concept of the Baby J. It just seems Janty group has a lot of prototypes coming out when you factor in Cameo and now the Baby Ego (?), your 510 based "Baby J". It must be really hard to get a handle on production on any one of the three you've introduced us to in my opinion that is.

I'm saving my next purchase for the Baby J and I'll gladly smoke it outside my home as well as inside. How long will I be waiting for Janty to fulfill it's nice line of new products and why not focus on getting one out the door this year mate?

All meant in a positive way! The temptation to buy other products has been really hard for me as I've desperately awaited some pre-order confirmation that one (hopefully Baby J) of these great prototypes will become an actual offering! :)

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
''

Mik... The Baby J is looking super to me. I don't mind the fact you're planning to use proprietary batteries, as long as you plan on offering a "juicy" (say 6 month) warranty on them! I think that since you offer a 6 month warranty on the KBC attys. you should make some guarantee on the new batteries as well as it appears they are going to cost a good part of the kit.

Also, you mention a higher voltage option available "next year". We're already in the final two months of this year and yet release dates remain highly secretive or undetermined. Will this first model even be released in 2009?

Don't get me wrong, I'm really loving the concept of the Baby J. It just seems Janty group has a lot of prototypes coming out when you factor in Cameo and now the Baby Ego (?), your 510 based "Baby J". It must be really hard to get a handle on production on any one of the three you've introduced us to in my opinion that is.

I'm saving my next purchase for the Baby J and I'll gladly smoke it outside my home as well as inside. How long will I be waiting for Janty to fulfill it's nice line of new products and why not focus on getting one out the door this year mate?

All meant in a positive way! The temptation to buy other products has been really hard for me as I've desperately awaited some pre-order confirmation that one (hopefully Baby J) of these great prototypes will become an actual offering! :)

Hey

I do think we are planning to do a good service deal on them / warranty - but again i cant confirm this yet.

And yes you are right, it might seems like we have our hands full, but the only difference this time around is that we are open about it all, and thats why you all might perceive it as being a bit messy. I mean, we could just say one day "Oh yeah we started producing this" but instead we have opted for going gthe open route, telling you about stuff from conceptual artwork to finished product.

And this is something we will continue to do as good as we can! But rest assured we are working hard on getting these products out this year. It is our goal, from what i understand ( but i cant promise anything ) that the Ego is to be released within november, and Baby J in december.

But, im glad you like it :)

/Mik

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
So in regards to the post about the 14500 batteries a few pages back:

I have now had our engineers check up on it, and they can verify that the 900 mAH battery is infact only 800 mAh. Still, that is good - and i have found out that i confused the 14500 with an AAA model - i did make a specific investigation about a cell that promised to deliver around 900 mAh in a AAA form: and that turned out to be a lie!

So .. all things cleared up i hope - and i will consider the 14500 for future projects!

/Mik

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Update:

So - after a lot of going back and forth it seems like we might take the Baby J in a slight new direction.

Now, this can still change but right now the info is:

We will remove the USB at the end ( *UARK I WILL KILL HIM.. no.. dont kill me just yet please..* ) - and instead we will make one of two things:

1) Either the user will be able to put in a 14500 battery at 900 mAH - by themselves by unscrewing the janty logo at the end

or

2) The user will be able to put in OUR homemade battery - by unscrewing the battery at the end.

Explanation:

If we are to keep the USB at the end, and at the same time have the user able to unscrew the battery casing from the silver-center piece this means the Baby J has to grow another 1.5 cm - AND, then the battery will be around 600 mAH.

Now, while this might seem like an acceptable solution, this has a much increased cost - and after thinking about it for a long time i decided that what the Baby J represents to me, - and the ideology behind it, is basically that of a manual e-cigar.

Its supposed to be somewhat big, but not too big. It has to have "that" feeling when you hold it - which i think it does now.

So yeah.. i know some of you will hate that it loses the USB function, while others could not care less. In the end I cant please everyone - and even though i myself hate the idea of losing the USB, I honestly dont think it will matter much. I love the USB charging on my JS, but the only reason i HAVE TO HAVE IT, on the JS, is that the batteries are so damn small.

So with 600-700-800-900 mAH, this wont feel like a problem, i think.

Anyways, thats the update for you all..

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
well, i'm really impressed that you revisited the 14500 battery.
maybe you can make the usb chargeable battery as an passthrough option, like on the kissbox extended package.
now i'm really waiting for this little beast to be availlable.

[edit] sorry, missed the point where you said the batteryportion is not removeable anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread