Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

FEATURES
The JANTY STICK, a unique concept developed by JANTY®, is compatible with the most popular models of the pen-style ionizers. Adaptors for ionizers such as DURA, 901 or M401 will be available throughout 2009.

The JANTY STICK is powered by a 3.7 Volt 360 MaH rechargeable battery. The JANTY STICK also provides access to all functions with the enclosed mini USB cable. Connect the Mini USB cable to any power source (computer/ USB power outlet adaptor/ automobile adaptor) to charge the mini battery AND to operate the device at the same time!

SPECIFICATIONS
The JANTY STICK consists of a plastic body, a 3.7 Volt 360 Mah battery compartment, an ionizer compartment, an Intelligent microchip, a manual push button and a multi-color programmed LED light.

Dimensions:
Length: 7.5 cm
Width: 2.5 cm
Thickness: 1.7 cm

MANUAL
1. Installation of the special 3.7 Volt/ 360 Mah rechargeable battery
- Unscrew the male “cross” screw from the stick’s dedicated battery compartment using the top of your finger. Alternatively, use a small screwdriver to unscrew.

- Insert a 3.7 Volt/ 360 Mah rechargeable battery into the stick’s dedicated battery compartment according to the +/- indication (+ toward the open end of the compartment).

- Screw the male cross screw tightly on the stick’s dedicated battery compartment with the top of your finger until you can turn no further. Do not screw it too tight. Alternatively use a small screwdriver.

- If the LED flashes 3 times, the installation of the battery is correct; If not, please check whether the polarity of the battery is placed correctly and whether the screw fits tightly.

2. Inserting/detaching a cart
Plug: Plug a cart into the ionizer until it clicks. Screw the ionizer with attached cart into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft.
Unplug: remove the ionizer from the ionizer shaft. Unplug the cart by simply pulling the plastic cap cart out.

3. Installation of the ionizer
Carefully push the ionizer, with the plastic cap cart inserted, into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft until you reach the internal screw.

Gently screw the ionizer: hold and turn the plastic cap to screw the ionizer into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft.

Use the plastic cap cart as a grip to unscrew the ionizer from the stick’s body when needed.

4. Operation
When you push the button, situated at the back of the stick, a LED will flash a blue light. The stick is now in working condition.
When in use, the IC controls the functioning of the ionizer. The LED turns blue during normal operation.

6. The LED will turn red after 6 seconds into operation mode. The device is still working at this point. However, when the red LED flashes 10 times, the device stops working.
To continue operating the device, you must push the button again at the back of the stick.

5. Battery and Charging
In case the LED flashes 5 times during operation, you will need to recharge the battery.
Connect the stick to your computer’s USB port or any other power outlets with a USB adaptor (e.g. in your home or your automobile, such as the JANTY USB car adaptor) using the dedicated mini USB cable. After 1 to 2 hours of charging, the LED light will dim. When the LED light is dimmed, the battery is fully charged. Unplug the mini USB cable.
Alternatively you can charge the 3.7 Volt/360 Mah battery with a mini battery charger accessory (not included in the standard sets).

6. Replacing the cart
Replace the cart with a new one when consumed.

PRECAUTIONS:
Only the dedicated components must be used, and the proper operation procedures must be followed to prevent malfunction and damage of the product. We do not accept warranty claims if you use other operation procedures than the ones stipulated herewith.
Keep the device separated from other articles such as keys and change that will collide with the device. Warranty claims for scratches on the body of the JANTY STICK will not be accepted. Warranty claims for scratches on the body of ionizers used with this device will not be accepted.
For your safety, you must unplug the mini USB cable when the device is unattended.
In the case that a problem should arise with this product, please send the device back to your retailer/seller, and do not dismantle it by yourself. Opening the JANTY STICK body will result in a malfunction of the device and no warranty claims will be accepted.
Keep away from high temperature and/or humid environment.
Keep the device and its components out of children’s reach, and avoid improper operation.

CLEANING
When necessary, use a tissue paper to clean the ionizer shaft in order to remove moisture.

Electrical properties application parameters of the Janty stick

1.Battery standard: 10440/10430
Battery power: 360mAH

2. The battery can be charged through the mini USB port of the stick.
The output supply voltage of the power adapter is 4.5V- 6.0V, charging current should be 360mA and the charging time is about 1.5 hours.

3. The supporting charger is a special device for the Janty Stick and it cannot be substituted by another charger. The charging voltage should be 4.15V -4.25V. That is, if the battery chargered separately, the charging voltage must be 4.15V -4.25V strictly and the specific charge current decided by the charger, but it can not exceed 360mA. (The charging current of our E-cigar charger is 250mA; the charging time is about 2 hours.)

4. During the use of the unit, the battery's discharge current is 1.0A -1.2A.

Last edited:

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
mouthend.jpg

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
:confused:On the mini plug that goes into the janty stick, does any one know how many pins it has? Waiting for my stick to be shipped, and want to buy a longer cable to vap. Also any places you can recommend to buy this longer cable?

It Should Be 5 Pin Mini-USB, Assuming They Are Using Their Same Supplier For Their USB Cables (most likely).

For Verification If Someone Has One, Please Look at The Mini-USB Adapter and Count The Pins In It (looking Into the Connector).

All Standard Mini-USB Cables Can Be Found Locally (Target, Walgreens, Walmart, Staples, BestBuy, Etc), For Best Price It Would Be Online, But Be Advised Some Cheap Ones Use Solid Wire In Them Which Break and Are Not To Flexible. You Also Do Not Want To Go To Big Either, The Additional Strain and Force From A Snag Could Cause A Lot of Damage..

Please Don't Forget You Should Be Getting A Lot Of Time Vaping On That Batt, So The USB Cable Could Could Be Used For Charging in Off Time and The Spare Batt As Well.

~Keep Vapin~

Last edited:

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
Electrical properties application parameters of the Janty stick - UPDATED

Battery standard: 10440/10430
Battery power : 360mAH

The battery can be charged through the USB port of the stick,the output supply voltage of the power adapter is 4.5V- 6.0V, charging current should be 360mA and the charging time is about 1.5 hours

The supporting charger is a special device for the Janty Stick which cannot be substituted by another charger. Charging voltage should be 4.15V -4.25V. That is, if the battery is charged separately, the charging voltage must be strictly 4.15V -4.25V The specific charge current is decided by the charger, but it can not exceed 360mA. (The charging current of our optional E-cigar battery charger is 250mA; the charging time is about 2 hours.)

During the use of the unit, the battery's discharge current is 1.0A -1.2A.

Different type of USB cables can be connected with the stick. But we advise to use only our Janty dedicated USB cable that comes with the Janty stick.

The USB power supply is 4.5V ~ 6.0V
The stick contains a dedicated lithium-ion battery charge management circuit. The circuit limits the charge current to 360mA. If the current of the external USB power supply does not get 360mA, the power determines the charge current and charging time; if the external USB power supply can provide a current of 360mA or more, the electric charge flow and charging time are decided by stick itself. Charging time is about 1.5 hours.

About the batteries of the stick: as long as the models are in line with 10,430 or 10,440 and the nominal voltage is 3.6V, High-power battery discharge can be used. The battery capacity is only decided by the length of usage, and will not cause damage to the product. However, the battery discharge power must be more than 2 watts. We suggest that you use our original batteries.

About the charger: if you charge the battery charged outside the stick, you can use a 10,440 lithium-ion battery charger to charge, such as our optional E-cigar charger. But the charger output pressure must be limited to 4.15V ~ 4.25V. In particular, it should not be higher than 4.25V; otherwise the battery will not be able to charge fully. If the battery charges excess, it will be damaged. We suggest that you use our optional Janty E-cigar charger.

Last edited:

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
2. The battery can be charged through the mini USB port of the stick.
The output supply voltage of the power adapter is 4.5V- 6.0V, charging current should be 360mA and the charging time is about 1.5 hours.
Sorry Ludo, I just know that's not going to be understood...
You did mean, that we can plug the usb cable to any adapter that gives 4,5-6V, right?
But the 350mA concerns the current inside the Stick, not what we can plug the cable to, true?
If so, is there any reason why we shouldn't use the 1000mA adaptors if that's what we already have at our disposal (since standard usb is well over that 360mA current)?

4. During the use of the unit, the battery's discharge current is 1.0A -1.2A.
WOW, that's a lot, didn't expect that. :thumb:

I've got another question - about the usb cable again. You've mentioned longer cables are underway - are you also working on getting angled ones?
If so, I'd just wait and get one from you. If not, I'm going to look for that motorola adaptor (this one), as it would be important for vaping while driving.

Last edited:

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry Ludo, I just know that's not going to be understood...
You did mean, that we can plug the usb cable to any adapter that gives 4,5-6V, right?
But the 350mA concerns the current inside the Stick, not what we can plug the cable to, true?
If so, is there any reason why we shouldn't use the 1000mA adaptors if that's what we already have at our disposal (since standard usb is well over that 360mA current)?

WOW, that's a lot, didn't expect that. :thumb:

I've got another question - about the usb cable again. You've mentioned longer cables are underway - are you also working on getting angled ones?
If so, I'd just wait and get one from you. If not, I'm going to look for that motorola adaptor (this one), as it would be important for vaping while driving.

Arv,

For extending the USB cable, just see my other post. In the end, you can extend your port. As long as you keep Janty's side unmodified (meaning you use their USB-A to USB-B-mini cable), then there is no way you can violate warranty. All you need to do is extend your USB port.

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
Arv,

For extending the USB cable, just see my other post. In the end, you can extend your port. As long as you keep Janty's side unmodified (meaning you use their USB-A to USB-B-mini cable), then there is no way you can violate warranty. All you need to do is extend your USB port.
I know - I was asking about a cable with angled mini-usb plug. That would allow for the cable to stick out the front of the stick, and not the side.

EDIT:
I'm really sorry this wasn't mentioned from the beginning, since I really looked forward to not having to carry any more cables with me. Had I known that, I'd ask them for a second one to keep in my car.

Last edited:

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I thought that the law had been laid down that we must not use "standard" mini USB cable as it could burn out the socket in the Stick :confused:

I'm OK cos my 4-port hub gives me a 6" extension... but I thought we were still waiting to be "linked" to a suitable longer cable.

But I'm not the brightest crystal in the chandelier :oops:

scylla

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
I'm OK cos my 4-port hub gives me a 6" extension... but I thought we were still waiting to be "linked" to a suitable longer cable.

OK Scylla - this isn't official Janty advice, but it might help you or someone else. (And I'm not an electrician either.)

With my Kissbox, I use a USB pass-through, and plug it in via a standard USB extension cable via a mains adaptor. I do not happen to need a longer length extension to plug in my Stick, but the principle is the same - a standard USB extension with a female connector on one end and a male on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread