Merged old sticky threads (1)

Would you Like to see the eGo with color options

• Yes, I would buy a colored ego over what is available right now.

• No, I am satisfied with the current options.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry health e cigarettes i ordered from Ebay on Feb 17th and not from amazon as i mentioned in the previous post....

eagerly waiting for my janty kissbox...

You ordered the Health E-Cigarettes? I hate to say this, but those things are crap. A really big waste of money. If a newbie were to try those things first, they may give up on the whole vaping idea, not knowing there are better cigs out there. I wish I had a way to talk everyone out of those things and save the money for better products.

I'm still using Janty Kissbox Classics. I have three and love them. I'm not even thinking about trying the Dura til maybe around Christmas. A few of us here were the firsts to try the Kissbox when they first came out of the shute. There were several problems with them in the beginning. I ended up having to send them back and get replacements. Now, I have beautifully working Kissboxes that I use daily. Yeah, I wish I had waited til all the bugs were worked out. I wouldn't have been so frustrated.

As far as Janty USA, I've never had a problem with him. I just ordered some more cartridges for my kissboxes a couple of days ago and got confirm today that they were shipped.

I remember when we had problems with the kissboxes...and there was lack of communication from Janty. That's because they were busting their asses to get the problems fixed. If the Dura's got bugs, I'm sure that's what's going on right now. Try to be patient. You'll eventually have your product....and it will be working too!

Just my 2 cents worth.

sbuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
I placed an order on February 5th. I have tried to contact them numerous times, 2 different e-mail addresses and directly through their site. Majority, but not all, of my e-mails have been rejected and returned as undeliverable. I put in a considerable order/$$, which he has, but I cannot get any response. My husband is having a shi?? fit because of the $$ and the no response. I am willing to wait on the back-order, but I also wanted to request the swap out for the dura to the dura-c. Even an automated "response has been received" would be nice. Don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep the hubby quiet before he files a dispute with the paypal/cc payment......

aarrghhh.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I have three orders with Janty that I still have not received. I currently do not have a functioning e cigarette, so I am back to smoking cigs as usual. HOWEVER, there were MULTIPLE warnings about shipping and supply during the long Chinese NY holiday. When you couple that with the Dura problems,it is not hard to see why Janty is running slower than usual. I received an email saying one of my orders has shipped. I think Jeff has proven himself reliable and consistently superior in customer service. I am not worried.

WHAT!? Everyone's having problems with their Janty orders as well?
There is no way I am going to wait more than 4 days (which its already been, I was going to demand a shipping refund at least) but now I'm just going to ask for a total refund if it isn't in my mailbox monday. They need to formention that shipping will not be 1-4 days like said, and not charge for it either. They gave me a bs tracking number to boot.
I am back to analog smokes for 4 days now and it sucks. Never again am I recommending Janty to anyone.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
They gave me a bs tracking number to boot.

Why do you think it was a "BS" tracking number? Was it a delivery confirmation number for USPS? If so, oftentimes a package doesn't get scanned into the USPS system until it's actually delivered to the ultimate recipient. It's not the same as online tracking (compared to UPS, where the package is scanned at each stop along the way).

WHAT!? Everyone's having problems with their Janty orders as well?
There is no way I am going to wait more than 4 days (which its already been, I was going to demand a shipping refund at least) but now I'm just going to ask for a total refund if it isn't in my mailbox monday. They need to formention that shipping will not be 1-4 days like said, and not charge for it either. They gave me a bs tracking number to boot.
I am back to analog smokes for 4 days now and it sucks. Never again am I recommending Janty to anyone.

How long have you been using e-cigs? When new products come out, this sometimes happens. Sometimes the supply is held up in customs...sometimes the demand outweighs the supply...sometimes it's because some of the e-cig suppliers have a staff of only 1 or two people and when the demand gets heavy, then you have to wait just a little longer. The demand MUST be plentiful, because there are at least three times more members here than when I joined...and new people signing up everyday. My suggestion is to keep a couple of 901's handy as backups in case of emergencies...and try to be patient. I've got at least three new ones in storage just in case. You can get those relatively cheap through Puresmoker or Ecigsales.

Why do you think it was a "BS" tracking number? Was it a delivery confirmation number for USPS?

This isn't the entirety of the email, but here's a part of it (numbers x-ed out for my own security):

"Tracking Number: 9101150134xxxx72071xxx"

"Once your payment is received we will ship your items out the next business day via USPS Priority Mail and you will receive a tracking number via email. If you have any questions please email dispatch@jantyusa.com. "

Thanks for clarifying that for me though, I was expecting some sort of tracking but I guess I somehow misunderstood it for delivery confirmation.

I still won't recommend Janty anymore though. Not after finding out I am played a fool fiending and waiting for a product that won't arrive for who knows how long. And I paid to be treated this way on top of that. This is downright offensive.

If he can't keep his word, he shouldn't charge shipping and handling fees and promise delivery times.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
FYI: That Number is A USPS Delivery Confirmation Number for USPS, This Is Not A Tracking Number.

The USPS Delivery Confirmation Numbers are a Lame System, You Usually Only Get What Is Says You Get, "A Confirmation" AFTER IT WAS DELIVERED! Thats If The Idiots Scanned It!

Also You Can Pre-Pay The Postage To Get The Number which is usual valid to mail within a few days, You Can Not Get A Free One.

I Suppose you could make one up, But This Is Not The Case With Janty. If Janty Gave You That Number I Consider It Valid. As for when you will get it thats another another, If it shipped Priority Mail It is usually a few days in normal locations (non-rural) .
If its 1st Class (under 13 oz in a box, package or other) its 2 -10 Business days The Most.

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Mu.Zeitgeist--I guess I'm just more philosophical. I knew that they were having "issues" with the Dura, so I expected some delays. And since I have backups that I'm using, I'm not exactly left in a lurch.

I do, however, understand your not wanting to recommend Janty. For me, I wouldn't recommend them right now because the communication is definitely not what it should be. However, I expect that once they dig themselves out of whatever is going on over there, they'll be right back on top of things as usual.

There are a lot of ticked off customers out there, and I think a lot of the anger and anxiety could be alleviated with good communication. Honestly, I don't know why they don't use their website to provide update information. And they most certainly should be updating their website to promise 1 day turnaround in processing only for items in stock . . . and then keep their website updated to provide information about what is in stock and what is not.

My first dealings with Janty were just so positive . . . quick, friendly, and professional. And because of that, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's a shame that the first dealings that so many people are having with Janty now are less than positive.

Last edited:
Mu.Zeitgeist--I guess I'm just more philosophical. I knew that they were having "issues" with the Dura, so I expected some delays. And since I have backups that I'm using, I'm not exactly left in a lurch.

I do, however, understand your not wanting to recommend Janty. For me, I wouldn't recommend them right now because the communication is definitely not what it should be. However, I expect that once they dig themselves out of whatever is going on over there, they'll be right back on top of things as usual.

There are a lot of ticked off customers out there, and I think a lot of the anger and anxiety could be alleviated with good communication. Honestly, I don't know why they don't use their website to provide update information. And they most certainly should be updating their website to promise 1 day turnaround in processing only for items in stock . . . and then keep their website updated to provide information about what is in stock and what is not.

My first dealings with Janty were just so positive . . . quick, friendly, and professional. And because of that, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's a shame that the first dealings that so many people are having with Janty now are less than positive.

My first experience was great also, although there was absolutely no communication the transaction was smooth, so I did not find the need for it. I can live with that if every transaction was like that.

But when things aren't going right, and from this board I can see that a lot of people here aren't recieving their paid for merchandise... they need to tell us consumers first hand. It's as easy as one generic email or on their website, explaining the situation. Something I don't want to find out doing a search on the board with the keywords "Janty Shipping."

They also need to realize their customer base is not the ordinary browsing Walgreens for a hair brush type. Most of us are smokers, whether vapor or analog many of us are heavy nicotine users, and rely heavily on their products to be working and sent on time.

My last EVO was shipped from the balding scottsman on Ebay (awesome bloke) who lives across the Atlantic in better time. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION!!! Friendly, funny, and told me exactly what was going on with my order, negotiable. And he got it to me faster and cheaper than Janty can send their stuff across a few states. All of this while dealing with other customers, who are I am hoping just as happy since I saw no complaints.

I will be ordering a few sets of EVOs tomorrow or Pilots unless Janty really goes out of their way to rectify their situation with me. Although I don't expect too much from them.

JANTY: One decent transaction will get my praise, 2 will get my dedication, 3 I will tell my friends. So far its been one good, one bad. Unfortunately one bad transaction doesn't rectify itself by countering it with one good deed. Bad transactions tend to be remembered a lot better and longer. All I have to say is this is so typical of US companies, your head swelled up like a watermellon because you are all of a sudden making decent money and don't care about customer service. This will eventually bring you to your knees just like the rest. It's unacceptable to be too busy to write me a 1 line e-mail with an apology and a shipping refund for taking your sweet time.

Janty is too busy for this customer. It's ok with me as they will be dealing with one less from now on. Hopefully more people will decide being treated 3rd class for 1st class money is :nah:

Last edited:

DrNick0143

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I placed my order for my Kissbox on 2-8, emailed Jeff the next day because I had not received any type of email notification from them regarding the paypal payment, got that straightened out, went out of town for a full week, expecting to see a package waiting when I got home, sent Jeff an e-mail on 2-20 asking if it had shipped yet. Jeff replied that they had sent the tracking number earlier, which I never received, but provided me with it again. Now it is 2-23 and the usps tracking number still says that the shipping info has been received. I'm not sure about usps, but I know the ups tracking system says info received, then it shows the status of the package all the way to your door. This is my first time dealing with Janty other than ordering their Juice, and as excited as I am about trying the Kissbox, I'm contemplating dealing 100% with Puresmoker from now on. 15 days since ordering, and I'm not sure this thing has even been shipped yet.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Now it is 2-23 and the usps tracking number still says that the shipping info has been received.

USPS delivery confirmation is designed to provide proof of delivery, not online tracking. Consequently, sometimes USPS will scan a package when it receives it from the shipper . . . most often it won't. Sometimes USPS scans a package as it makes its way through the system . . . most often it won't. Most of the time, however, they do manage to scan the package when it's been delivered. :)

I do a fair amount of shipping, and I'd say about 75% of the packages that I send show some message of "information received" up until the moment the package is actually delivered. It's frustrating because sometimes people see that kind of message when they go to track the package, and they assume it hasn't shipped.

When you order online postage, you pay for it upfront. You then have a day, I believe, to mail using that postage label. I think I'm correct that if you wait longer than that, you won't be able to use the label.

Just wanted to explain a little bit about USPS delivery confirmation to hopefully put some minds at ease.

I placed my order for my Kissbox on 2-8, emailed Jeff the next day because I had not received any type of email notification from them regarding the paypal payment, got that straightened out, went out of town for a full week, expecting to see a package waiting when I got home, sent Jeff an e-mail on 2-20 asking if it had shipped yet. Jeff replied that they had sent the tracking number earlier, which I never received, but provided me with it again. Now it is 2-23 and the usps tracking number still says that the shipping info has been received. I'm not sure about usps, but I know the ups tracking system says info received, then it shows the status of the package all the way to your door. This is my first time dealing with Janty other than ordering their Juice, and as excited as I am about trying the Kissbox, I'm contemplating dealing 100% with Puresmoker from now on. 15 days since ordering, and I'm not sure this thing has even been shipped yet.

Welcome to the board Dr. Nick.

You and others on this board are extremely patient, if you have a problem I say let people on the board know. The more reviews the distributors get, the more they will be kept on their toes. They know what power word of mouth has. If 10 people say something good, they might gain one client, if one person says something bad they may lose 5 potential clients.

I've already sent a stern email demanding a shipping refund for not having shipped the next business day and also demanded they give me a full refund if I don't recieve my KB classic, PCC, juice and all others in entirety, in full working order by Monday. I suppose USPS matters are out of Janty's control, but when someone lays out shipment terms and I lay down money... Ya know :confused: if ya can't deliver on time you AT LEAST should say something, if not offer to dismiss S&H or discount.

I've calmed myself down slightly since my previous posts because I got my diy atomizer working well enough so I am back on the vapor and FAR LESS crazy and irritable and a$$holish than I have been in the past week without the vapes.

I'm sorry about the rants and raves Janty, but you do have to understand undesired state of vaporless life gets me gone down the road whack-o. I have faith that my gear will arrive either today or tomorrow. If not we are going to have to chat on the phone.

GTO: Yeah, they SHOULD replace batts and atomizers without a hitch. Thats what you are paying the premium on Jantys for.

DSE901 kit $30 on Ebay, Janty Classic Kit $130+shipping. There are just certain things I EXPECT at this price. Like no hassel warranty coverage...

As for the extra juice... Eh... Not that I have a problem with recieving juice I did not order, I'd rather have good communication with the seller and deliveries :cry:ASAP:cry: instead of cheap (or even almost free for them) gimmicks to try to keep me happy. I mean it is going to take a gallon of E-juice, a fog machine, some strippers, and drinks on the house to make my feelers get unhurt from this experience, and looking at others not receiving orders in 8-o amount of time.

BTW Every E-cig order that I bought from different distributors and shops came with something extra.

Last edited:

DrNick0143

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Welcome to the board Dr. Nick.

You and others on this board are extremely patient, if you have a problem I say let people on the board know. The more reviews the distributors get, the more they will be kept on their toes. They know what power word of mouth has. If 10 people say something good, they might gain one client, if one person says something bad they may lose 5 potential clients.

Thanks for the welcoming zeitgeist! You know, the only reason (besides my love to play with new vaping toys) that I decided to try a distributor other than puresmoker was that my friend that introduced me to vaping said he was tired of Steve running out of product frequently, namely juices and blank carts. However, after seeing this fiasco play out with several members of this forum, I am an even bigger Steve and PS fan now. From monitoring puresmoker.com, Steve seemed to anticipate the increased demand (I know a lot of people who were waiting to order equipment until tax returns came in) and the decreased supply (chinese new year), by stocking up on product and planning for a move to a bigger facility. His customer service is top notch, and his products have all performed great for me. I am generally a patient person, having worked in service industries for years, and I know that we're dealing with Chinese new year etc., but I am a little turned off by Janty's process. The issue with the website showing "Processing" eternally for every order placed is bad web scripting, something I didn't expect from a distributor with such a polished appearance. I think Janty should be one of the top contenders in this emerging culture, but I don't know if their foundation is strong.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
For what it's worth, VaporGuys.com in Cincinnatti have atomizers, batteries, switches etc. totally compatible with Janty KB.

Yup. That's where I got my backup atomizers for my KB . . . still waiting on the replacements from Janty. But, in all fairness, I told Jeff at Janty that I wasn't in any hurry for the replacements (Dura was working fine at the time), and that he could simply send them with my next shipment.

For what it's worth, the VaporGuys' atomizers work great with my Janty KB. I'm puffing on one now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread