Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Probably operator error.............

Is that aimed at me Pal ?
I've been vaping since last August and have used every type of Atomiser and especially Penstyles. Also passthroughs and both Automatic and Manual. I know by now how to use an E-Cig and i also know when i have a defective piece of equipment.
Whether your opinion is aimed at me or scylla i would ask you to keep your personal jibes to yourself.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
hello deewal, i doubt elendil was "aiming" on anyone.
just this:
i start to screw it just goes round and round and round and will NOT SCREW TIGHT.

...seems that you screw on the mouthpiece, like many others before you.

if you could try again, and make sure its not just the mouthpiece turning,
could help you. better a bit of trying than sending in, no ?

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Janty's instructions say to use the cartridge/mouthpiece to screw in the atomiser, but we've been through that elsewhere in the forum.

I'm a Brit but I keep tabs on the US Janty Stick threads because the more people's experience I can draw on the better. (Besides, you lot are active and mostly friendly while I'm awake :) ) The topic has also been discussed at length in the UK subforum.

My Stick probs could be caused, in part at least, by feeble-handedness, but it does sound as though Dee has a faulty unit.

I was surprised that Elendil, a nice boy like him :rolleyes: made that unhelpful remark.

scylla

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Scylla, I have to totally agree and support you here. If the JS is designed only for people with strong hands and full dexterity then its not for me either.

I have Arthritis, and can only manage a certain amount of dexterity, and the ability to get the original atomiser out without force was impossible for me. And like you I was panicing as I just couldnt get it to budge !

Yes I also realise that we need not be taking out the atomiser constantly, but as I too was getting mouthfulls of juice I knew there was something wrong.

Now I didnt do an awful lot of Science back in my school days, which was a longggg time ago...lol, but I have a fair bit of life experience, and the common sense I was born with, did tell me, that if I have a shaft, which is polished to give it a smooth finish, and I have at atomiser that is of the same dimensions, but not polished, resistance is going to follow, is that not a common sense conclusion?

So I had ordered a spare atomiser, a Titanium finish, so I tried that one, and yes it went in fairly easily, although I agree it does wobble slightly, but that wobble does not, currently cause any lack in power connection.

I have now watched Parked video, and no doubt it is true that with force you can make any atomiser fit. I WONT nor CAN do this. Does this make me wrong? Does it mean my needs shouldnt be catered for? of course it doesnt.

I am sure that Ludo will read through these posts, look at the comments made by everyone and say to himself, well the prototype has in general gone down well, but we need to look at several features, including the atomiser fit, and the body shell which should be made of metal.

They already plan to make the switch a spare part, so thats ok.

And maybe the connector within the holding shaft does need to be deeper to ensure a good connection at all times.

But this is a prototype as all first editions are, and lets face it, in general do we love the JS? Hell, yes we do....

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Janty's instructions say to use the cartridge/mouthpiece to screw in the atomiser, but we've been through that elsewhere in the forum.

I'm a Brit but I keep tabs on the US Janty Stick threads because the more people's experience I can draw on the better. (Besides, you lot are active and mostly friendly while I'm awake :) ) The topic has also been discussed at length in the UK subforum.

My Stick probs could be caused, in part at least, by feeble-handedness, but it does sound as though Dee has a faulty unit.

I was surprised that Elendil, a nice boy like him :rolleyes: made that unhelpful remark.

scylla

You Don't Have Wheaties In The UK?

Grab A Box & Enjoy! :thumb:

~Keep Vapin~!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Elendil, I originally did a huge post in response to your (great) Stick review, but I was nervous about being ridiculed so I wiped it. I do think that the Stick was designed by men for men - I never imagined I'd ever wish for a man's hands (if you know what I mean :oops: )

scylla

You should make your response..........my opinion isn't the only one and all views should be heard...........And if you are flamed for your opinion, well, that's the other guys problem............As I said in my review, I definitely like the stick, but time will tell, and I am still trying to get my flavors to work right.....;)

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Lets concentrate our efforts at getting Janty to hear us, thats whats important here. We need the JS to grow in perfection, its still a baby and less than perfect as yet.

Elendil, whats wrong with your flavours? Do you mean that you feel there is a loss of flavour with the JS?

Or are you on a mission to find perfection in flavour...

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Lets concentrate our efforts at getting Janty to hear us, thats whats important here. We need the JS to grow in perfection, its still a baby and less than perfect as yet.

Elendil, whats wrong with your flavours? Do you mean that you feel there is a loss of flavour with the JS?

Or are you on a mission to find perfection in flavour...

I am unable to taste the flavor with the JS like I did with the 901. I don't know if this is a function of the 801 atty as it is my first 801 device. I have increased my concentration of flavoring in my mix and still am not tasting it.:(

I have tried the RY4 carts that I got with the stick, and I can taste that ok. Once I have emptied a cart, I am going to load it up with some of ym DIY and see what happens.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Elendil,

The 901 packs a real flavour punch, and Im not surprised you cannot find the same impact from the 801 atomisers.

I started my e-cig career, for lack of a better word, with a DSE 901, and would never have changed if it wasnt for the poor battery life, but I then went to a 510, and boy did I notice a drop in flavour, so the 901 kept being brought out when I needed a flavour hit.

Now I have the 801 in the JS, and to be honest its not as good at flavour hit as the 901, but its better than the 510.

No doubt many will disagree, but thats my feelings on this.

When I got the 510 I ordered loads of LorAnn flavourings so I could top up with flavour, but, I have found that I can actually taste with the 801 so dont need this now.

I use Ecopure Rich Tobacco as Im one of these people who if they vape PG all day will be ill the next day, and Ecopure is very low on flavour, at least it was in the 510, but now I can taste the caramel above the hint of menthol, whereas before it was the other way around.

So good luck with that, and let us know what flavour you settle on that gives a good flavour hit, as Im bound to have a flavouring here to make it...lol

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Elendil,

The 901 packs a real flavour punch, and Im not surprised you cannot find the same impact from the 801 atomisers.

I started my e-cig career, for lack of a better word, with a DSE 901, and would never have changed if it wasnt for the poor battery life, but I then went to a 510, and boy did I notice a drop in flavour, so the 901 kept being brought out when I needed a flavour hit.

Now I have the 801 in the JS, and to be honest its not as good at flavour hit as the 901, but its better than the 510.

No doubt many will disagree, but thats my feelings on this.

When I got the 510 I ordered loads of LorAnn flavourings so I could top up with flavour, but, I have found that I can actually taste with the 801 so dont need this now.

I use Ecopure Rich Tobacco as Im one of these people who if they vape PG all day will be ill the next day, and Ecopure is very low on flavour, at least it was in the 510, but now I can taste the caramel above the hint of menthol, whereas before it was the other way around.

So good luck with that, and let us know what flavour you settle on that gives a good flavour hit, as Im bound to have a flavouring here to make it...lol

Now you are scaring with your comments about the 510.........I have a 510 en route for my wife that should be here tomorrow. In all the comments on the unit that I have read, I have not read any complaints about flavor..........here's hoping you just have weird taste buds.........:p

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I wish...lol, no it does lose flavour due to its huge capacity for vapour Im afraid. At least in my opinion, and my daughter who also has one.

Mind you, it makes up for that in so many ways. The 510 under whatever name, is a brilliant e-cig. It pushes vapour out like no other.

So if I sounded as though I was complaining about it, then Ive worded it badly, its a brilliant e cig, but its not perfection, and to me that one negative, was the loss of flavour. But no doubt you will try it out yourself, so let me know what your thoughts are when you get it.

As for taste buds, well thats another debate isnt it, because your taste buds do change during your e-cig days.

So I am sure you wife will love it.

I look back on the earlier days, and ask myself, would I do it differently if I started out now? No, I wouldnt, the 901 is a brilliant starter, my entire family started off with one of those, hubby went straight in after that and got a SD, which he loves, but my son, daughter and I, all went for the 510, my son in fact only changed over the 510 this weekend.

I still use mine on pass through now and again, as I do prefer my JS, but I think we progress through e-cigs, and its a bit of learning curve

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Yes I Do Like The Dura / 510 Full Flavor Vape and It May Be A Little More Then The Stick, But Everyone's Taste Buds Are Different.

I Also Use A 801 Pens & Box Mods As Well So I Am Use To How It Works As Well As Flavor. But In General Not Too Much Flavor Loss For My Juice & The Stick.

I Guess When The New Janty Atom Adapters Come Out It Will Be Fun To Try Them Out & Find Your Favorite Vape!

~Keep Vapin~!

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
The 510 produces great vapor when it works. I am looking forward to the adapter for the stick so I can experience a 510 in prolonged use. I usually get frustrated with battery management quest and a crappy manual switch on my 510s and put them back in the drawer. The promise of an adapter is the only reason I haven't gotten rid of the 510.

BTW - I second the notion of loss of flavor on the 510. Strong flavors like banana and crap like that are still noticeable but my JC flavors are very muted along with my RY4.

Additionally, I think I get just as much vapor from a 901 on my SD or the 801 on the Stick as I ever get out of the 510. I will now patiently await flames from the 510 fans...

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Now you are scaring with your comments about the 510.........I have a 510 en route for my wife that should be here tomorrow. In all the comments on the unit that I have read, I have not read any complaints about flavor..........here's hoping you just have weird taste buds.........:p

Then you've been ignoring my posts. :D Seriously, I love my Dura-C because of the "punch" that it delivers, a harsher vape more reminiscent of analogs. However, in MY experience, that "punch" comes at the expense of a loss of some flavor. That and the short battery life is the only thing that keeps my Dura-C from being my primary vaping device.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Then you've been ignoring my posts. :D Seriously, I love my Dura-C because of the "punch" that it delivers, a harsher vape more reminiscent of analogs. However, in MY experience, that "punch" comes at the expense of a loss of some flavor. That and the short battery life is the only thing that keeps my Dura-C from being my primary vaping device.

The 510 came yesterday. We have 4 batts and a PCC so hopefully we can overcome the short battery life issue. So far my wife is OK with the flavor, but she like a more muted taste anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread