Merged old sticky threads (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J W in Texas

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Arlington, TX
I dare, no I double-dare you to put some force behind the njoy Ncig RN-4072 atomizer and put it in the JantyStick. It's the only other penstyle attys that I have and they DON'T fit. Already busted the black ring off the end and I'm stopping there. I'm just saying...:)

The above was meant to be light-hearted in manner but still true and I'm glad to see the attys listed that do work. Will have to order a couple of these anyway as backups but patiently waiting on the 510 atty adapters also. Oh well, buying more "stuff" again. I now dream about clicking on the "Pay Now" button. It used to be blondes with...err, umm anyway...this must be what the beginning of middleage looks like. Nah, more like insanity...ha ha ha.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Now you are scaring with your comments about the 510.........I have a 510 en route for my wife that should be here tomorrow. In all the comments on the unit that I have read, I have not read any complaints about flavor..........here's hoping you just have weird taste buds.........:p

People moving from analogs to e-cigs will have a problem with flavor for a week or two while their taste buds return. I had a crown 7 at first and no flavor came from that. Then I got the KBC and that did really well. It actually got me off smoking. I moved to the Dura-C, which provided what I believe to be *more flavor*, but I was also off analogs for a month before I used it.

In the end, I believe it's all about how long you've been off the analogs. The taste buds return, offering more flavors.

Another good example is that I used to LOVE Johnson Creek's Original and Tennessee cured flavors. However, they taste too much like tobacco now and I don't like real tobacco flavor.

So, if the wife loves tobacco's flavor, JCSJ would be a good pick. However, I tend to like the tobacco flavor from Wicked now. Janty's Virginia and Fargo flavors are nice but are a little more light in body.

Basically, I've given my soul to Wicked now.

Oh, and if you like banana bread....Janty's banana flavor is like banana bread. I use that when I feel like dessert. :)

J W in Texas

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Arlington, TX
scylla...Thank You :)

Good news, just took a metal file to the Njoy atty and made it a gleaming silver with special attention to the lip that was holding it back. This is under the black plastic ring on the atty (just break that off). It fits, albeit tightly, and will be a back up. In comparison, I don't like it as much as the KB classic atty but it will do in a pinch until I order more.

Vaping Good Times...Ahhh, So Good

lm921

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
kentucky (usa)
since i have had my JS i have been dripping and overfilling carts (about 7 drops per cart) and nothing has passed the atty. I ordered a 801 atty but i am starting to rethink the whole atty thing. the janty atty seems to be a good all around atty and with no leaking i am very happy. i think i will just bite the bullet and order the right atty :)

lm921

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
kentucky (usa)
i did get an 801 atty and i have been using it for two days now.
today i only driped with no cart and its been great.
no leaking and huge vapor using 18mg juice from midwestvapor which i think comes from boge.
i do not see me using carts ever again, there is no up side to them an with dripping alone there is no mess.
i think janty said it best "its a dripping machine" :thumb:
With all the problems other people had with their v1s i am greatfull that mine has had not problems. when time and money lets me i will order the v2 but for now im happy :)

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Good for you, Im, glad it's working well :)

You need to put your (approximate) location in your profile, so members know where you're getting your stuff etc. I think UK Stickers had more probs than US Stickers, who suffered delays in delivery but once their Sticks arrived they were good. That's the impression I get, anyway.

scylla

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried BestEcig BE112 atomizers with the Janty Stick yet? Am placing an order with them for first time, and hope that they'll be compatible.
I used a B112 atomizer from bestEcig now for about 3 Weeks in my JS and the flavor is a harsh burnt taste today, before today it was working great, and I do not see it inside getting red hot anymore but it still feels hot, maybe at life's end? I still have 4 more, bought 5 for $35.00

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
FYI - just got 2 "generic" 801 attys from vaporguys.com and they work fine in the JS. Much like Parker pointed out, you need to put a bit of pressure and wiggle on them to get them past the mouth and then it's a breeze the rest of the way. A bit longer and more threads (it felt like) and the draw is a LOT easier. So if you like easy drag, these will do it. Tons of vapor but a wee bit less taste.

I've been running into problem after problem with Janty's products. I'm new to vaporizers, but a friend of mine who's very well knowledgeable on the subject recommended Janty when I finally caved in and agreed to buy an ecig.

My first purchase was the Janty Minifogger. I received an atomizer that was DOA and one of the batteries included in the kit wasn't charging correctly. Janty quickly sent out replacements and everything is in working order now.

After awhile though, I was noticing that the Minifogger really wasn't doing very much to curve my cravings for analogs. The vapor production is minimal compared to ecigs that I've seen some of my friends using.

I didn't want to give up on ecigs just yet, so I did some research and settled on the Janty Stick. It was working great for awhile, then I noticed a very foul taste. I removed the cartridge to find the entire top of the filling entirely burnt.

Janty was on vacation around the time this happened, so I shrugged it off as maybe being from a bad atomizer and purchased two extra atomizers from a different vendor. I was wrong. Now I have another fried atomizer.

I had only one more atomizer left, which a friend of mine tested with his DSE801. It was working great. I put it into my Janty Stick and I bet you can guess what happened. I have a basket full of dead atomizers now from the Janty Stick and the Minifogger. :(

I just sent off another help ticket describing the problem as best as I could. I would really appreciate it if they could test the unit and atty before sending a replacement.

I've spent over $200 just this month on ecigs and accessories from them and very little to show for it. I'm trying really hard to think positively and just shrug this all off as badluck, but it's getting really tiresome to deal with. :sleep:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Tecratk.. I dont work for Janty, I am just a customer like yourself, but having started vaping back in March, I have made every mistake in the book as far as ecigs go. And yes most problems in the early days relate to mistakes we ourselves have made, rather than poor products.

Ecgis are far from perfect... yet.. although they most certainly have improved a huge amount just since I started vaping.

Atomisers are expendable, but in general the Janty atomisers are very very good. I have experienced my first atomiser dying today, yes I have had one DOA, and that can be expected as there is no way Janty can test every single one before they go out. But they are super quick at replacing them.

Burnt carts and filling is down to a common user mistake of not recognising when a cart needs filled or topped off.. experience tells you when to do this.

Keeping atomisers working well, is simply down to blowing them threw from the battery end and leaving them to stand on a paper towel, once a week or so.

Atomisers can flood easily, so the above process, usually does the trick and gets them working again.

If I were you, I would be looking at those dead atomisers again and see if they simply need a clean out.

The Janty Stick is a great ecig, and very easy to maintain.

when vapour dies off.... check cart.. if its not wicking fast enough, which sounds like the problem, then simply add a couple of drops of juice direct into the atomiser, replace the cart and see what happens.

Keep trying, dont give up... Janty make very good products and the Stick is one of the best out there.

Its just vaping with the 'Classic' atomiser takes time to get used to.

Just remember the atomiser needs to stay wet... but not flooded.

I think you misunderstood. It's not that the atomizers wouldn't work at all. They did, for a few minutes, then there would be a burnt taste followed by no vapor at all. Then when I unscrewed the atomizer and checked it, the bridges of the atomizers were melted onto the top of the cartridges. This happened with brand new atomizers and fresh cartridges straight out of the pack. This is definitely not because I'm not screwing it in all the way or not topping them off... you shouldn't have to top a cartridge off every 5 minutes or it melts.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Tecratk..

the burnt taste you mention is common with many new atomisers, although seldom with the Janty ones.

Its a fluid that is put on the coil to keep it moist in storage. Some suppliers even use a concentrated e-juice so it doesnt evaporate.

The result is a horrible burnt taste.

Some people wash them through, I dont, I used to vape through it, but this is one of the reasons I prefer a Janty Atomiser, as I dont have this problem to contend with.

Its also commonly accepted that atomisers need a couple of days use to start to really produce vapour.. so its possible thats would explain the taste.

However, there is only one reason an atomiser can melt a cart and thats down to no fluid on them.. burning them dry...

I always, add a couple of drops of juice to the atomiser when filling or topping off a cart........always, and I can honestly say after 6 months of vaping I have never had the problem you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread