Merged old sticky threads (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
you wrote that the same atomizer worked in a different device flawlessly.

imho the only problem on the stick would be that the atomizer did not get enough air, and because of that overheats with every long drag.

only solution would be to ask janty to change the body.
should be no problem.

the stick is a great device, but factory failures happen.

imho the only problem on the stick would be that the atomizer did not get enough air, and because of that overheats with every long drag.

should be no problem.

Right, it worked in a DSE801 before I put it in the Janty Stick. It no longer works in anything.

should be no problem.

Change the body of the atomizer or the JS itself?

The first day that I used the JS everything was working fine, better than fine infact. It was producing a rediculous amount of vapor, which I loved. I just want everything to go back to working like that. :(

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Change the body of the atomizer or the JS itself?

The first day that I used the JS everything was working fine, better than fine infact. It was producing a rediculous amount of vapor, which I loved. I just want everything to go back to working like that. :(

Hey Tecratk:

Okay so - this is very important:

"when vapour dies off.... check cart" In my opinion people should get this tattooed. :)

Alot of people think oh its not producing as much vapor as it used to, ill just take a longer draw, -and while that will work, it will also get you burnt taste at some point, and possibly make you kill the atomizer as its running very dry. Im suspecting this is what happened.

The reason for this atomizer working in your friends DSE801 could be that he was smoking it non-dry: The atomizers are "born" with a liquid in them, to start them off. If you used the atomizer in his DSE801, and he had a cart that was super topped up / brand new, then it would be fine. Then if you later on took that same cart, and same atomizer and hook it up to your JS and it gives great vapor, but over time it produces less, and you dont notice it; but keep on vaping hard; this is what happens.

I sincerely doubt there is anything wrong with your JS! Is there any chance you can do the following:

Go to your friend, borrow one of his atomizers, - put it in your JS - dont use a cart with filling - simply drop 3 drops of any eliquid directly onto his atomizer; one you know is working - and insert the cart without filling on top. Then try to vape. If this produces excellent flavor then the problem has been the above.

Also, you could have gotten unlucky that the carts you received were not superwet/moist - and have just been a bit dry, this wouldnt have helped ofcourse. And if you ever do get the burnt taste then at a certain point you can risk your atomizer tasting of that for a long time. This is also another good reason to top up, and sort of work out your own system for when to top up - it varies a great deal with how you vape.

As for your dead atomizers -they are under warranty, so you can just send them back and get new ones, but i think it would be really good if you could test the above first!

Under any circumstance, do not worry, we will fix it!

If you do try his atomizer and it does not work / works like you experienced - then do a helpdesk ticket on the shop you bought it from on our site, and explain all of this in a brief manner, and you will be instructed from there on how to return it / or be told that they will send you a new one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, Milky. I think I have found the problem though.. I took a flashlight and looked inside the Janty Stick where the atomizer fits into and the entire bottom is burnt black..

I no longer have any atomizers to try it with, and after mine getting fried, I don't think I'm going to risk using a friends.

I never attempted to use it with a dry cart. Every time I put a new atomizer in, with a brand new cart straight out of the pack, it would work for literally a few minutes, producing a little vapor followed by an awful taste and then stopped working completely.

When I remove the cartridges, it looks as if the bridge (is that what it is?) of the atomizers have melted off onto the tops of the carts. There's black obviously burnt material on the top of the atomizer. It's not the filling, because I scraped it off and the filling is still there intact.

Afterwards the atomizers wouldn't even produce vapor in my friends DSE801.

I don't have any doubts that the problem does infact lie within the JS itself.

I'm not an ecig expert, but this is not user error. There's something wrong with my JS. It's not the cartridges or atomizers, and now I see that the bottom of the cylindar that the atomizers are inserted into looks burnt it makes me even more sure..

I put in a ticket with Janty regarding this issue when it first happened last week. I haven't heard anything back, which is why I thought I'd come and post about it here..

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Thanks for the reply, Milky. I think I have found the problem though.. I took a flashlight and looked inside the Janty Stick where the atomizer fits into and the entire bottom is burnt black..

I no longer have any atomizers to try it with, and after mine getting fried, I don't think I'm going to risk using a friends.

I never attempted to use it with a dry cart. Every time I put a new atomizer in, with a brand new cart straight out of the pack, it would work for literally a few minutes, producing a little vapor followed by an awful taste and then stopped working completely.

When I remove the cartridges, it looks as if the bridge (is that what it is?) of the atomizers have melted off onto the tops of the carts. There's black obviously burnt material on the top of the atomizer. It's not the filling, because I scraped it off and the filling is still there intact.

Afterwards the atomizers wouldn't even produce vapor in my friends DSE801.

I don't have any doubts that the problem does infact lie within the JS itself.

I'm not an ecig expert, but this is not user error. There's something wrong with my JS. It's not the cartridges or atomizers, and now I see that the bottom of the cylindar that the atomizers are inserted into looks burnt it makes me even more sure..

I put in a ticket with Janty regarding this issue when it first happened last week. I haven't heard anything back, which is why I thought I'd come and post about it here..

MILKY? DID YOU JUST CALL ME MILKY? .. ¨

Hmm.. i always wanted a nickname but still.. hehe :D

but yes, it does sound like this is a faulty jantystick - how it could do that though is beyond me. If you bought your jantystick from the US, and you then subsequently posted a ticket there for it, the delay could be caused by the holiday the US store have had - i know theyre working on getting up to speed on their tickets now - so if you dont hear from them today, submit another ticket tomorrow, and PM me, and i will make sure that they take a look at it, so we can get this resolved!

=)

/Mik

Nori

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Georgia. USA
I'm also curious as I have two of the old ones that barely work. Curious because I thought we would have heard something by now. Guess it is taking a bit to get them done right. Still hadn't heard how we were going to get them replaced.

Did you guys put in for a warranty request? Just curious as I had not done that and am wondering if I need too.

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Hey

So as promised, id get you some answers:

If you have purchased a 510 adapter for your Jantystick, you will be able to swap that one for a new model once they come.

The estimated time of arrival for the new, fixed 510 adapters is currently set to end of october!

Hope this helps you guys a bit ;)

/Mik

hahahah thats what u get for buying janty! live and learn.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey

So as promised, id get you some answers:

If you have purchased a 510 adapter for your Jantystick, you will be able to swap that one for a new model once they come.

The estimated time of arrival for the new, fixed 510 adapters is currently set to end of october!

Hope this helps you guys a bit ;)

/Mik

Swapping...? What are you guys thinking? I have already paid the full cost and shipping of the adaptor. Why would Janty want me to pay to ship an item back that was an error to begin with? If Janty provides an prepaid envelope to ship back a defective product the cost would seem more prohibitive rather than simply mailing it to owners. This is not even accounting for the time spent waiting for a purchased item to deliver what was promised. I hope the powers that be can come up with a better plan than swapping with a bonus for being in possession of our funds for months.:confused:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Swapping...? What are you guys thinking? I have already paid the full cost and shipping of the adaptor. Why would Janty want me to pay to ship an item back that was an error to begin with? If Janty provides an prepaid envelope to ship back a defective product the cost would seem more prohibitive rather than simply mailing it to owners. This is not even accounting for the time spent waiting for a purchased item to deliver what was promised. I hope the powers that be can come up with a better plan than swapping with a bonus for being in possession of our funds for months.:confused:

I didnt say you had to pay for the shipping. I ment swap as in "dont use old, get new use that instead". As to how this will work in reality i dont know. I have no idea if you have to pay, dont have to pay, have to send, dont have to send.

I only tried to help out some people by investigating the matter.

/Mik

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Tecratk,

Did you happen to notice if the light stayed on after you released the button? Im only asking because sometimes my button sticks and fried my TAWA in a very short period of time and the atomizer that came with the stick as well. It only happened a few times (button sticking) but chance would have it that one of those times my cart was close to dry. I never paid attention to the light on the end, but pay very close attention now to make sure its not still lit when I set it down. So with a dry atty, I was able to fry it before hitting the cut off mark and a sticky button, not cool. Hiss, hiss, POP!

Even with that the JS is still my favorite and least amount of hassle from any PV ive used. Definitely sounds like you got a bad one though, if the connection inside the stick is burnt and melted. Hope you get a functioning stick soon...I had to use my backup 510's for a few days when my atty's fried and was not real happy about it.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I love my Janty Stick. But this morning it appears to be leaking from the seam at the blue led at the bottom. If the juice dripped down into the atty part, how is it getting to the outside around the blue led?

The one thing different is....last night I removed the original Janty atty and replaced it with an 801 not from Janty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread