• Either / Don't have a preference

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaxx

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Ohio
I have been frustrated with Janty in the past. I ordered Dura-C sets, but did not know they weren't in stock. After a few weeks, I requested a refund, and Jeff was all over it, very professional.

Last week I ordered the Kissbox extended. I got it in 4 days, and haven't put it down yet. I'd recommend Janty. I think that they are just experiencing a high volume of orders, and are in a growth mode right now.

Dilutetrips

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
New Brighton, MN
Janty is not a rip off site. Mistakes hapen, but....
I had a few problems when it came to shipping. My package did not have my Kissbox. I e-mailed Jeff (Janty) and they said they would resend it and sorry. It got lost by the mail man. They waited a few days to track it down and then sent it. I recivied it today. They gave me extra stuff for my wait. I have to say that Jant (Jeff) want out of there way to make sure that I was taken care of. Yes it took longer then it should, but Janty Rocks and they do a great job in the end. Mistakes can happen. Great service and taking care of the job Jeff (Janty) does and did. Give Jeff and Janty a break. They are busy and mistakes can happen. Jeff fixes them.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Ok Im sorry this may be off topic but I giggle everytime you call someone an OP takes me back to watching the Andy Griffith show and all I see is visions of Andy & OP walking down the dirt road to go fishing & whistling all the way... OK as far as the OP (giggle) is concerned all publicity is good publicity good or bad and in most cases those that knock or beat down a company will quickly be corrected by those that have had nothing but good experience... Now I placed my very 1st order with Janty yesterday in fact to get a Passthru for the 510 before placing my order I contacted Janty to check stock make sure they were there (cause Im not a very good waiter) and within 30 mins got a responce then I begged nicely if they could ship it to me today... I was told no problem place your order follow the instructions and e-mail them back and they will get it out for me... well hour after I did that I had a tracking number in my lil hands the shipment has been processed and is on its way to me as I type this... so bottom line in my opinion Janty went out of their way to help me out and I dont see them treating me special but as just another customer... Thank You Janty!!!

Busaholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have been waiting for 2 Dura C kits and I have been waiting for 2 months and 3 restocks and quite possibly more restocks then that, and countless PM's about "don't worry it'll be here tomorrow". I don't care what you cheerleaders or fanboys/girls have to say about my post. I'm, done waiting and I completely agree with the OP. :-x

I just asked for a full refund, we'll see how that goes....

So far to this day, still no refund. :nah: :grr:

Ludo, could you please get ahold of Jeff for me? I am at my wits end.

linnx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Washington USA
www.ecigexpress.com
It seems many of these problems could be avoided by NOT using paypal. I frankly like it when the supplier just has a merchant account - most businesses do. Heck, the site I used to run took all credit cards right on the site - not having to go to paypal.

Is it the price of a merchant account that is problematic? A few years ago I think I paid about $20 per month... I know paypal offers a payment gateway that can be integrated into the site. Would be so much better and more professional.

SUFTOP

Apr 28, 2009
I ordered my kissbox classic very recently and it showed up in 4 days.

I had a minor problem; the automatic switch was defective. When I emailed Janty they responded nearly instantly, and asked me to send them the defective switch which I did. They sent me the new one out that day, even before receiving the defective switch I mailed back!

So yea, needless to say, I strongly disagree with the OP. I have had a fantastic experience so far in dealing with Janty, and their customer service seems superb from what I have seen.

Perhaps the OP and others just had some bad luck, I don't know...but I have been more than pleased.

BigLance

Feb 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
I don't think Jeff intends to rip anyone off. Things are finally square between us, I've finally gotten all the items I've ordered, but it has taken quite some time.

I would venture to guess that he is a rather busy guy. However, it seems that JantyUSA looses track of things, and they have been poor to respond to emails in my situation over the last few months. Things started out pretty good, then no responses to emails for a month or so, then finally things picked up again. I think Jeff is a good guy, but my problems go on and on. Here's what happened to me:

Shorted a number of items on original KissBox Classic order. Never told I was being shorted, discovered them myself, and it took over 2 months to resolve including: 8 emails sent over a 2 month period, many of which were unanswered. Items finally shipped out on 4/24 after emailing since 2/23.

2/23/09 Emailed Janty (dispatch@JantyUSA) about missing Cartridges with my Janty Extended Kissbox classic
2/25/09 Emailed again about missing cartridges after no reply to 2/23/09 email… OK I only waited 2 days.
2/27/09 Still no response to above, and I realized I was also shorted a Car Charger Adapter: emailed again
2/27/09 Received a response to above emails saying that they didn’t want to hold up the original order and short shipped me (no explanation was provided in the shipment or in an email prior to me discovering being short shipped. Jeff said I should receive the carts and adapter next week.
3/7/2009 still no Cartridges or car charger received or any sign that it was sent, I emailed Jeff again
3/9/2009 Jeff responded and said he had the car charge and would send it, offered to change to another flavor for the carts… I said I would wait for the carts, but I was expecting the car charger to come soon.
3/15/2009 Still did not receive car charger. Emailed Jeff again
3/17/2009 Jeff emailed me saying the car charger and Cartridges would be received the next day and he would ship them out right away.
4/3/2009 Still no car charger or cartridges, emailed Jeff again
4/24/2009 Still no response to my 4/3/2009 email about missing car charger or cartridges. Emailed Jeff again
4/24/2009 Jeff replies to the last email quickly, but asks me to confirm what I need: car charger and 4 boxes vanilla carts… this is what my numerous emails said, not sure why he was asking again. I guess they don’t track at all what was short shipped you apparently have to keep track of this yourself and keep emailing them repeatedly over the course of 2 months to get what you’ve ordered.
4/24/2009 I responded to Jeff confirming what I was short shipped. Missing items were finally received by me shortly thereafter.

Short Shipped on another order, again never told, but I think this was an oversight on Janty’s part. Took nearly a month to resolve. Took 3 emails to finally get a response over a 3+ week period.

4/3/09 was short shipped on another order, I had ordered 4 e-cigar batteries and only received one. Emailed Jeff.
4/24/09 Still no response to above email about short-shipped batteries. Emailed Jeff again
4/28/09 Still no response to my 4/3 or 4/24 emails about missing batteries
4/28/09 Finally got a response from Jeff and he sent the 3 missing batteries out. I received them, shortly thereafter

Good response: Replacement sent right away:
2/27/09 emailed about a bad batter in USB adaptor, Jeff responded on 3/2 and sent replacement right away.

Shorted another item on a warranty replacement, another oversight, but made right.
3/4/09 emailed Janty about two bad atomizers
3/5/09 Jeff responded and sent out replacements
3/9/09 received only one of the atomizer replacements: two were bad and I had requested 2.
3/11/09 Jeff responds and mails out the second atomizer… it later arrived as promised

Bad atomizers again. Took 3 emails, 2 unanswerred between 3/16 and 4/24 to get warranty replacements.

3/16/2009 emailed Janty with a report of 2 more atomizer batteries and a number of questions about how to prevent atomizer problems and about some battery issues with USB… Never received a response as of 5/4
4/3/2009 still no response to my last email of 3/16 about 2 bad atomizers, emailed Jeff again
4/24/2009 still no response to my email of 3/16 and 4/3 about 2 bad atomizers, I emailed him again… but by now I mentioned the count of bad atomizer’s had gone up to 5.
4/24/2009 in another email about the Car Adaptor, I reminded him of the email I sent about the 5 bad atomizers
4/24/2009 Jeff responded that he’d send the 5 bad atomizers out.. and he did right away.

Thank God that's over with. I would like to order more items from Janty, but I'm not sure if I want to put myself through that again. Perhaps if he offered an explaination for all the emails that were never answered I would be more likely to do repeat business. In the end I was not ripped off... just a victom of customer service issues.

Last edited:

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
My first e cig was from red dragon, but I bought the kiss box because it was so highly recommended. So far I have been disappointed with the vapor and I didn't care for the taste of the cartridges that came in my kit...they almost tasted to me like a cherry flavored pipe tobacco smells. Ew.

I have repeatedly emailed Janty with questions and my manual switch did not work properly from the get-go, in fact it slipped out of place and fell inside the first time I pushed it. I've had the thing less than a week, but since I've been emailing from the first day I would have expected a response by now. Red Dragon responds within hours of receiving an email, fwiw.

For the difference in price, I'm unimpressed so far and considering filing a paypal complaint at this point and just mailing the thing back. I can buy a lot of cartridges from a competitor for what I paid for the kiss box. :mad:

Boom!

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm a first-timer and decided to go with the Dura-C after reading & watching reviews. I decided to go with Janty for my virgin purchase because I despite the topic of this thread I'm reading more good than bad experiences here. I'm excited to get started with this and stop being so dependent on analogs (smoking for 15 years). I purchased my kit late last night and can't wait to see what type of experience I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread