Status
Not open for further replies.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
I went to the Janty USA site with the intention of ordering the new Janty Stick and ended up not doing it, yet.

I have a couple of questions first and didn't see a place on the site to ask.

1. I wanted to order an extra atomizer and couldn't find them. It says the stick is compatible with any penstyle and comes with the Janty Classic one but there is no listing for just atomizers or for a Janty Classic for that matter. So do you have extra atomizers for sale?

2. I also wanted to order an extra battery and I did find the battery but the picture shows it plugged into an AC charger thing. Does that come with the battery or are they two separate items? And if they are separate, could I get a link to the charger thing too?

I only have 901 and 510 parts. Having just one atomizer/battery makes me nervous.

Thanks in advance :)

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
@ Ludo:

I had 5 out of my six batteries for my kissbox yentl die over the past two days because my charger went bad. I helped design the stick in a small way. I recommended that you use blue LEDs rather than green ones. I cannot vape all day on one yentyl battery. Can you send me a regular stick so that I don't have to start smoking analogs full time? I am leaving for Chicago on the 20th. I would return the stick as soon as I get the limited edition stick that I ordered one month ago. Can you help? Pretty please? :)

H82W8

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Houston,Tx
The delivery date of the LIMITED EDITION depends on the engraving company so these sets will surely come a week later than the normal non engraved sets.

The normal stick sets are airborn now.

So those that paid premium and ordered right away a month before the MUCH cheaper non serialized /(engraved) sets will get them at least a week or more Later then everyone else? :confused::confused:

Now I AM getting a little upset.
I understand the engraving takes longer. I understand production processes. It's the Janty misleading communications and advertising that occur I'm disappointed with.

Had I known the more expensive Initial pre-order would arrive later than the cheaper second pre-order I would have waited to order so I wouldn't have paid so much more money to wait longer. From what I understand, all I am getting for my extra money and wait time is a nice box and a serial number, oh, and the batt charger. Please straighten me out if I'm wrong.

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
I got one on pre-order, and I am excited to get it soon. Can somebody tell me if the stick battery is the same size as a AAA? I have found a few AAA 3.7 v 2200 mah batteries that I hope to use instead of the ones supplied.
The battery is 10440, which is the same size as AAA.
But I have to tell you, 2200mAh sounds impossible. I've seen some 500-600mAh batteries which tests showed to be really just about 300mAh.
Could you share a link to those you found?

One more thing - those original batteries are Li-Ion. I don't know if they have to be, though. Maybe somebody can clear that up...

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
@ Ludo:

So the stick is $70
So I paid an extra $65 for an engraving, a $5 charger and the chance to wait an extra week?
I think I speak for many here that this is not such a good deal...

What I would like to do is this:

Have you cancel my engraving (you said it's a week off)
Have you cancel my order for the Limited Edition Stick
And change it to a pre-sales order at $70
Have you refund the $65
So that I can get my Stick earlier!
What do you think?

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
I think the main thing we paid the extra $65.00 for was the capitalization of the manufacturing of the stick. We are not much more than investors. Except that we don't share in the profits. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, it's just the way I see it. We paid $134.95 a share for a stock that IPO'ed at $69.95. Not a great scenario. Ludo, any input?

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I feel the same way :( I am not normally a pain in the neck customer.. but I am very disappointed that I ordered the limited edition. I had no idea that the Janty Sticks would be selling for so much less, I just thought we were getting a few extra "goodies" for being the first to order them. And.. now hearing our limited editions will probably be sent out later than the regular edition pre-orders. :mad: I don't even think mine will have engraving.. because I never saw a place to put that information when I ordered, and nobody asked me. So... I hear I'm getting a $50+ wooden box? I would rather have any extras taken off and have a refund of the extra I paid :confused:

H82W8

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Houston,Tx
The more I stew over this the more upset I am getting.

I was fully aware that the regular production sticks would likely be cheaper. But I sure did not expect the sale of the standard stick to be half price and delivered FIRST.

I think Ludo and team have all the best intentions as well as good products. It's their marketing and poor communications that seem to keep people upset.

The bigger problem is, I'll probably subject myself to the same frustration when the Cameo comes out...lol

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I think the main thing we paid the extra $65.00 for was the capitalization of the manufacturing of the stick. We are not much more than investors. Except that we don't share in the profits. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, it's just the way I see it. We paid $134.95 a share for a stock that IPO'ed at $69.95. Not a great scenario. Ludo, any input?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, you think the "big corporation" is out to get the little guy?

I'm guessing that when Ludo set this up, he expected the limited editions to go out before any pre-sales or regular orders, thus the excitement, the drama, the "bling!" of a limited edition, with Free Engraving of Your Personal Design! (which ISN'T cheap OR quick to do!)

Now the engravers are, perhaps, backed up? Situations out of his control? Give the guy a break and stop beating him up for your buyer's remorse.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
Vick's, you're right!

Maybe it is out of his control, but I am still dissapointed in the situation, not anyone in particular.

I have no buyer's remorse, I want the product, and that's just it, I want the product!

Maybe Ludo will toss a few bottles of liquid at the L.E. customers, or work out something to make us a happier 100 vapers... ($13.495)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread