Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Georgia. USA
December 2008, tried various types but thanks to the J-stick I can no longer endure the taste of a cancer stick, now it is Ego all the way! Thank-you for your constant innovated (quality) designs. It is obvious this industry only follows your lead, copies/knock-offs should be considered the purist form of flattery. Thank-you

JohnReagan

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
12 days and loving it, even if I did fall off the wagon this weekend due to bad planning and running out of carts. Really made me angry at myself and I'm not even enjoying it much - which is a good sign! But No nicotine = no fun for me and strictly vaping Wilton's Glycerine with peppermint isn't giving me that throat hit. Can't wait to get back to full time vapes!

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
I am extremely pleased with the Ego. It was a beta test but once the batteries and attys were broken in well, it worked great. Normally, I write reviews on these items from Janty but this time I had a health condition curb my plans as my surgeon and GP thought I may have breast cancer so I've been back and forth to doctors for months now.

On a happy note, at least for now, the two cysts removed & sent to pathology came back with the results on both cysts and they are benign (not cancerous); hwr, there is still a tiny cyst forming in the fibroid tissue below where I had the surgery on Oct 29, and then there are the four cysts that formed in the left breast that will need to be watched closely for changes and possibly removed at a future time to ensure these aren't cancerous as well. (fingers crossed)

I can say that the surgeon, my GP, even the anesthesiologist and staff members who handled my surgery, recovery, and hospital stay as well as the vampires that come by to take blood and vitals were all amazed at my the Ego. I had plenty of cards from Janty, My Freedom Smokes (best place for extra-strength flavored liquid on the web; avid shopper here when I can afford it but I do budget for it), and even Good Prophets business cards were passed out until I ran completely out of them all - even the ones I had tucked away in a corner of my purse as a last resort in case I run out. They are all gone with happy people who will be ordering the Ego e-cigs and hopefully getting their e-liquids from Janty, MFS, and GP.

The only downside I've found is that the atomizers (510's) don't seem to last as long as I'd hoped. I'm ordering them from HappySmokes.com b/c they have the best prices on the attys and finances are tight so I have to sort of go where the lower prices are when it comes to items like attys b/c I can't afford to pay the $8 to $10 an atomizer and get 2 or 3 at a time.

I've cleaned them with hot water soaks, Polident Denture Cleaner & rinsed well, Capiza (cleaner for my espresso machine though it will clean standard coffee pots as well but it's made for cleaning high-end espresso machines, which I have among the last gifts my husband was able to buy before the company he worked for went belly-up and he had 2 heart attacks, a stroke, and req'd a quadruple bypass about 2-3 weeks after losing his job and can't work now due to the damage to his heart not to mention his hands and feet as a result of the lack of decent circulation that causes problems with his juvenile diabetes of some 43+/-yrs of his life.

I don't know of any other better way to clean these attys and make them last longer. I prefer the 510s to the Mega attys and Cartos b/c I change flavors frequently so my favorite flavors actually taste like my favorites after I've had a break from them. It's like getting something new all over again - it's not easy to explain but I'm sure those who have a favorite understand what I am talking about...

I really like the fact that the T-Rex from MFS works with the working parts of the Ego so that helps out too. I have 2 batteries from my T-Rex so they stand as backup along with a Pink battery & cone that was a gift from a friend but she wasn't able to find me a pink atty to match it. This was something she gave me when I was going back and forth for more testing before the surgeon had to cut my breast open to remove the cyst. It was like my good luck charm (thanks, you know who you are) that was meant to be a sort of badge of honor that I may be facing a possibility of breast cancer but it didn't mean I had to act like I had it already before the surgery and before the pathology report came back. I'm still hoping to get the pink 510 atty but at this point I'd settle for any atty in pink that fits my Ego/T-Rex. I think part of why it's so important is because I did beat this by having the results come back negative. Now if I can just get rid of the other 5 and not have anymore come up, I will be one happy person. I can't fight breast cancer with chemo/radiation treatments while trying to fight lupus (SLE) and Sjogren's disease at the same time let alone the retinal disease that took most of my sight, if you can call the difference between light and dark sight.

But, it's all good right now. I'm cancer free and hope to stay that way, especially because it runs in my family. I'll fight it until there is no fight left in me, which is a lot because I don't give up easily. I'm just stubborn that way. And, as soon as I can get these freaking-fracking stitches out and not need as much pain medication, I will get to work on the draft of the review of the Ego. I don't feel as guilty because I've told so many people and told them about it over the last couple months so it's definitely been something I've been sharing and it's been a hit everywhere so I feel as though I'm doing what I promised. I love the Ego and everyone who has seen it or tried it loved it and wanted one of their own. Now I just need more business cards, which I need to ask for so I will have more to give out as I am all out of business cards now.

Thanks for listening to a loopy, drug-induced e-cig user with major pain on a part of her anatomy make you think I'm nuts. I'm just not hurting as bad as the meds are kicking in. Monday cannot come too soon. I can't pull anything or lift anything heavy for a while yet but at least those frakking stitches will be gone and they won't keep poking me or poking through the dressing of the wound/incision left behind until it heals completely, which could take a while since my immune system is toast.

Best wishes everyone!

PS: The reason my surgery was a week later rather than earlier is because it was initially scheduled on the Friday, 2 days before my oldest daughter's wedding & I couldn't bring myself to have her worrying more about me than keeping her emotions in check for her wedding. It was a tough enough job for her and I both not to cry. Even her dad lost it when he had to put her hand into her future husband's hand and then announce the words that her mother and he were the ones giving her away. Personally, I think that was the hardest thing he's ever done in his life. It's probably the most difficult thing any father can do in their life is give away their baby girls when they aren't babies anymore but rather brides at their weddings. I'm thankful I waited & most thankful for an understanding surgeon who is also the father of a daughter so he understood completely as well as my need to be there for my daughter while the cysts remained a few extra (several actually but whose counting?) days until they came out... :oops:

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Jas: Thanks so much. It's not easy fighting any type of illness be it the common cold when your immune system is shot but to heal from surgery makes it even more difficult; however, acknowledging the idea that those 2 cysts could have been cancerous & requiring chemo/radiation treatment really put a scare into me like I haven't had since I was diagnosed with those frakking autoimmune diseases. It's not just difficult, it is almost impossible to beat breast cancer when your immune system is working against you. I'm just thankful I missed the bullet this time & hope I can continue to do so with the remaining 5 that are left but it may be a long while before they cause any problems because the 1 is so tiny it can't be aspirated out of the fibroid tissue & those other four, well they may present a problem but at least not at this moment anyhow so it will give me time to get over the surgery & heal. I'll know more about them in about 3 months when I go in for my next series of mammograms and ultrasounds.

Thanks a lot. It really means the world to hear someone out there cheering for me to make it through this minefield called my body. It's like it's turned on me or something. ;) Probably has something to do with the way I treated it as a teenager, who knows right ? LOL!

Also born in NC but lived all over though back in NC now & have been for a bit over 20yrs now...

Paise

So sorry for what you're having to go through, but glad to hear that you're coming through it without it being any worse. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I here to say, God is always on your side. so you will definitely feel no more pain. At the very least you have your laptop with you and you can still blog with us. think about that, I'm sure the Whole world is watching and blessing for you and your family. i was wandering if this could even go on news, than it will be even best.

Mark your wishes here

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I'm probably not saying anything that someone else hasn't thought of, but here goes....

How about an up-sized V3 type Janty Stick that uses a slightly larger battery (say a 14500) and uses the Janty eGo cylinder attys instead of the Classic atty. Maybe adding a recessed button or a master cutoff switch to keep it safe in the pocket.

Just thinking it would be nice.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
12188.png

See above - and exactly one year today, thanks to the 510 and then the eGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread