Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
According to the Mike Vapes review, he got 4.5ml in the tank. I'll try paying attention to how much I put in next time I fill it.
I have a few tanks I wonder how they can actually fit what they claim but I never cared enough to check. I also have no clue how much I vape per day. With 4 mods in the daily rotation it's pretty much impossible to know for sure.

Schlinky

Oct 10, 2015
Hi everyone, just a quick message to say I think I may have solved my leaking issue!

I don't want to speak too soon but I've gone from taking the atty off and mopping up 3+ times a day to 24hrs without a drop.

What's the complicated technique used to solve the leaking?

Smack it with a crowbar a few times!

Now I'm usually very careful and methodical, choosing brain over brawn but I was pretty fed up, I've got 4 of these things and they all leak. I removed the 510 screw and insulator from the bare deck, I've got a metal tank section from an old KF2, I slid that over the pins on the deck and gave it 10 or so solid whacks, increasing in intensity.

The 510 section was on some soft wood and I was hitting the old KF part so no damage was done to the deck of the Merlin and it hasn't leaked since. It may need 'repairing' again in future but it's done the job.

Hopefully it helps some of you to get some more life out of this flavoursome tank ;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I replaced all my o-rings with new bn70 ones and added an extra one under the deck….worked well.

Had to give it a few whacks to get it tight…doesn't seep now.

What are the "bn70 ones"? I'm uneducated on replacement o rings and would like to know (I did get a pack of replacement o rings for that little one under the cap that always flops off somewhere never to be found again).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got a pack of those too after you mentioned it. I did lose one top o ring when I first got the merlin but haven't lost one since.

I think it was ~$2 for a pack of 50. Of course once they arrived, I never lost that o ring again. Put money on if I throw that pack out as useless, that top ring will disappear the next day. ;)

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
What are the "bn70 ones"? I'm uneducated on replacement o rings and would like to know (I did get a pack of replacement o rings for that little one under the cap that always flops off somewhere never to be found again).
It's a Nitrile rubber. Pretty rugged.

O-Ring Material Guide

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Hi everyone, just a quick message to say I think I may have solved my leaking issue!

I don't want to speak too soon but I've gone from taking the atty off and mopping up 3+ times a day to 24hrs without a drop.

What's the complicated technique used to solve the leaking?

Smack it with a crowbar a few times!

Now I'm usually very careful and methodical, choosing brain over brawn but I was pretty fed up, I've got 4 of these things and they all leak. I removed the 510 screw and insulator from the bare deck, I've got a metal tank section from an old KF2, I slid that over the pins on the deck and gave it 10 or so solid whacks, increasing in intensity.

The 510 section was on some soft wood and I was hitting the old KF part so no damage was done to the deck of the Merlin and it hasn't leaked since. It may need 'repairing' again in future but it's done the job.

Hopefully it helps some of you to get some more life out of this flavoursome tank ;)

Still using 2 Merlins as my ADV, but I have realized the liquid that accumulates under them is probably more then just condensation. One being worse then the other. To be fair, they've never leaked to the point where I'd know there was any liquid under them unless I remove the atomizer from the mod, and I usually just wipe it up with a paper towel, but it's still a minor irritant.

I will give this a try next time I take them apart.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My first one didn't leak at first but over time I started getting liquid under it like you talk about. One day I decided to take it apart and did. All the o rings seemed ok so I put it back together. It still leaked some so I took it apart again to try to figure out why. When I put it back together the second time I stripped the copper center screw. So I got out a second one and have had no leaking issues so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread