Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It's obviously glass if yours cracked. If that's true, then it's not a tank I need to drop.

I had my merlin laying on hair brush bristles(well dog brush) on the coffee table, it didn't have a band on it rolled off the brush and fell a whole inch and half and it cracked the glass. I was some choked that the glass broke after such a minor fall. I now have a wide vape band to hopefully protect the glass. I vape band all my attys so I don't know why that one didn't and I paid the price.

Reactions: Eskie and MMW

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well, the wick WAS burned . When I pulled it only one half came out and the end had a black char on it. I'm back up and running with a new wick and flavor is back to normal. I think I'm going to like this tank for around the house, but the Kayfun V2 and Kayfun Mini V3 will be my carry tanks. The Kayfun wins out in that category for its 4.5ml capacity and no leaking in my pocket. The KF V3 Mini requires re-juicing much quicker.

Air flow is much more free than I'm used to. It's closed down all the way and I can still do a tight lung hit. Juice flow is open to about .5mm and keeping up fine.

I'm feeling a nic buzz that I don't usually get from my 3mg/ml DIY mix. I'm vaping FA Western 2% with .5% AP and .5% EM added.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie and MMW

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
This is the one I was talking about earlier.

Merlin 22 mm | augvape

It's the new model of the merlin and is 22mm instead of 23.
I'm wondering if this is even going to get released.
Wish they would send a...........
Deck pic......

I think it got shelved while making the RDTA and Druga RDA.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
28 gauge kanthal is my fav wire with 28 SS running close behind. Thick enough to be robust yet thin enough to heat up efficiently. 28/32 kanthal claptons coming up as 1.2 ohm is mighty fine subtank vape with the provari. Looking forward to wrapping claptons with 34 so its ramp up time and heat transfer will be faster.

The more I gain experience in vaping, the more I like thin wire.

But to me, I like them not because their quick ramp up, on the opposite, I like their quick cooling down - and this is important if I chain-vaping. Many decent mods can help in shorten the ramp up time, particularly one which allows user-define temperature or wattage curve. We can control how fast/slow a coil being heated, but not how they cool down...

Imagine you are running on TC mode, the very first firing up early in the morning will heat the coil from room temperature to whatever temperature you have set, it takes a while to reach that (say 440F) and you usually will get a very tasteful first puff. But then if you chain vape by firing again after the first puff is consumed, this time you are pushing the coil temperature from say 200F to 440F, the TC protection mechanism kick in much quicker, the duration of heating up in this second firing is shorter - second puff normally won't be as flavorful as the first, and as you continue to chain vaping, things deteriorate...

IMO, thin wire is nice, because they cool down quicker!

eheheh... I just order from GearBest, a pack of notch coils - the thickest wire in the world and a special edition "Bronzed IPV Vesta" and I plan to run my wattage curve (for 10 seconds): 35, 24, 15, 10, 20, 25, 17, 15, 18, 10.

Reactions: hittman

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Merlin's last stand!
RdahtDl.jpg

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Reactions: hittman

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Fasttech also has another one $4.41 Free Shipping Acrylic 510 Drip Tip (5-Pack) (15mm, Black, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com, though the material is Acrylic, but it is cheaper and its size match better with the drip tip come with (full) Merlin tank.

They are nice but less wide airflow than the merlins' and too small for several tanks, but when you put 8*1.8mm o-rings in them they'll fit any tank. Or put 2 to 3 wraps of dental floss underneath the original o-rings.

dampfan

Jan 3, 2016
Germany
After testing quite some other RTAs, the Merlin is still the best RTA i have.
Very few tanks beat the Merlin in flavor, and all of them have other cons/disadvantages.
So, for me, the Merlin is still No. 1.
Very good in flavor, totally easy in handling, and it delivers quite good flavor at a reasonable battery- and liquid-consumption.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have to admit that even though I've had seeping from the base on all three of my merlins, I keep going back to it because of the flavor production and ease of building and use. I just have to pull the tank off once a day and wipe underneath it. It seems like a lot of press fit base rta's leak and don't produce as good of flavor as the merlin. I keep waiting to see if augvape comes out with the new merlin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread