Mesh and TC

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by grizmoe, Mar 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. grizmoe

grizmoe Full Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Hi, can i run TC at mesh? Because I want to buy genesis, but i Dont know SS wire will work like kanthal with mesh:)

2. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    Why not just get a mech?

3. grizmoe

grizmoe Full Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Because i likę tc and mesh and i want do both:p

4. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Okay, well I wish you luck with that :)

5. grizmoe

grizmoe Full Member

Feb 19, 2016
    But this will work normally?

6. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    I really don't know anything about TC, I've always just used mechs.

7. Vaya

Vaya Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes, it works. I'm a bit hazy on the details re: figuring out hotspots and stuff, but I don't think its nearly as big an issue as it is with regular kanthal wire. There was very recently a thread in here about using temperature control and genesis atties.. scroll through the first few pages... i'll try to look, too.

8. Vaya

9. Collperson

Collperson Full Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Yes it works, it works well. If you have any questions let me know.

10. Nikea Tiber

Nikea Tiber Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2015
    I run a 316l SS vertical coil wicked with a solid mesh roll in my Veritas on a VF Stout. Works fantastic with TC, easily my best TC experience to date.

IMG_20160415_091838.jpg

Since the coil is SS and wrapped for the heat flux I like, works great on a mech or regulated mod as well. I put a new bottom 510 insulator on the Veritas so the positive 510 protrudes now. I can use this atty on practically any APV.

bgmat58 and Taff Evans like this.
  11. Vaya

I just placed an order for 10 feet of 0.4mm Ti wire after having MANY (10+) trusted vape buddies swear by it. I'm really excited to try it, and will report back.

12. cheech226

cheech226 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA. USA
    wow, bryn mawr! i grew up right close to there.
    anyway, i think you will love ti for tc vaping, it's all i use so far. i'm guessing you bought ssv wire based on the price. it is gr. 2 ti and WAY overpriced. if you decide you like titanium, you may want to look to temco for future purchases, it is pure ti and much cheaper.

Vaya likes this.
  13. Taff Evans

Taff Evans Senior Member Verified Member

May 7, 2016
    I presume that you guys know that Bryn Mawr..is Welsh...for Big Hill..
    I' m Welsh...:banana:

Vaya likes this.
  14. Vaya

I did know that, actually :)
    I was given the interpretation of 'High Hill,' though, because geographically it is the highest point in that area of Pennsylvania (known as the Main Line). Either way, same message different words !

15. Vaya

Yes, it was SSV 0.4mm Ti wire. You've used both SSV and Temco and can attest that they behave the same?

Do you get your Temco wire on eBay or via Temco directly?

Thanks for the suggestion!

16. cheech226

cheech226 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA. USA
    temco website, with free shipping! yes i've used both. my first wire was from ssv. it has a different tcr value than pure ti. ssv wire worked well but considering it's ~$1 a foot i moved on

17. andrebandre

andrebandre Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    United States

18. Vaya

SS wire, I've learned, is incredible. Pick up some 28g 316L grade SS wire and you will get the A.) pliability of Ni200, B.) the warmth and flavor of Ti, C.) the ability to dry-burn like with Kanthal, D.) the ability to (EASILY) use this wire interchangably on both TC and mechanical devices, and E.) lowered resistance similar to NiChrome.

SS wire = Wonder Wire at the right gauge for your application.

Taff Evans likes this.
  19. Taff Evans

Taff Evans Senior Member Verified Member

May 7, 2016
    Ordered some of this, to stick in a couple of Gennys..

Is the build the same mate, resistance etc? I think I read somewhere that the resistance was lower on this wire...

Also what temp do you use it at?

20. aquafina

aquafina Full Member

May 1, 2014
    New York
    Have you considered to use a kanthal wire mesh? I just got off the phone with a manufacturer ( Belleville Wire Cloth - Cedar Grove, NJ) that claims they can supply me with some 400x400 kanthal of some sort - $100 minimum.

For $100 bucks, I am willing to take this risk seeing as how this mesh could be revolutionary. I think we have all burned through the stainless screen in the past - so instead of buying stainless mesh over and over again, I am going to hopefully stock up on this kanthal and I should be set for a while.

If anyone is interested in some type of group buy on this - let me know via DM and we'll figure something out - not looking to make $, but want to help everyone on the forum out!