Not open for further replies.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Couple quick questions.

1. I'm going to try my hand at building some SS wicks. Should I get 320 or 400 mesh for high VG liquids? I have a mild PG allergy and need to use heavier PG liquids.

2. On a DID atomizer or similar, if I want to build higher ohm (3.0-3.5) coils, should I get a higher gauge kanthal a1 wire like a 34 or a 36 or will 32 be enough if I wrap it enough times?

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
I have a question on the SS mesh. Would a small butane cigarette lighter or even just a plain lighter work to oxidize the mesh?

I don't know for certain, but from what I've seen a small butane lighter would work, it would just take a lot longer, and a regular lighter would not heat it up enough.

I ordered a creme brulee torch off of amazon. They're actually a lot less than a decent butane torch lighter.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Thanks hill. I've been wanting to do the rebuildable thing too. I think I am going to start out with a RA. A couple of smoketech's and a cheap Phoenix. I wonder if mesh would work with a vision vivi.

It does. I've seen a couple video how-tos. There's a ton of info in the modding forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread