Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
You might need to clarify what you mean by 'can i replace forever mesh without problems,' but if by that statement you mean to say, 'can i create a wick that I will never need to replace?', The answer to that may be yes - IME - or at least, practically yes. Depending on the number of your mesh (and, thus, how thick or thin it is), as well as the heat you routinely pump into it and how effectively it wicks juice (stays wet), I've had wicks that have lasted without issue for upwards of 18 months and possibly longer. Eventually, you will always want to replace the wick, since the constant exposure to heat simply will eventually begin to affect the resistance as well as the flavor. Additionally, with thinner #'s of mesh, poor wicking and constant high-heat can cause the coil's contact points with the mesh to actually burn holes through the outer skin of the mesh. when this happens, the whole area aroand that hole becomes a magnet for shorts and you will pop your coils or, at the very least, get really sh*tty flavor out of it.

Reactions: Ianperry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread