Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Two ECF members, Racehorse and Muldemar have recently sparked a burning desire to start this thread based on their comments regarding customer service. Also, because I have recently had truly informative, detailed, and friendly conversations with Andrea at The Plume Room, Nick at GoodeJuice, and Wlad at Ahlusion. All three vendors are quite transparent about what it is that they're doing and willing to inform, educate, and assist with any questions or concerns. Lastly, I want to start this thread because vendors most definitely read our comments in General e-liquid discussion.

- I would like this thread to be suggestions to e-liquid vendors about what we, the money, would like to see.

- I ask that this thread remain professional, adult, (mostly) serious and not about flavor suggestions.

- I will start it off..

To vendors: I would like to see a picture or some type of visual cue as to where your e-liquid is being mixed. I am not asking to know the secrets to the bat-cave, but I would like to know that there is a bat-cave, and not just a living-room.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'd like to see better descriptions for juice flavors. Some vendors show no description at all - just the juice name - and I'm not going to buy from them. I need to have a good idea of what they're actually selling.

Good point! I am with you on that one; I never order unless I have an idea of the flavor. It is silly that we would have to ask such a simple thing!

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
Great idea! I just watched a video of JC today and was really impressed that they would open their doors so to speak to the public. No secrets revealed, just a nice little video where you can see the people that prepare your order and the actual building...inside and out. I've always tried to support american made products when possible. I have visited quite a few sites during the past few weeks and really enjoy reading the vendors stories, how they got started and where they are located.
I guess my thing would be shipping. I've shipped out through both UPS and USPS. I read on one site this week that a vendor wouldn't offer first class shipping because it takes too long. I just paid around 6.00 for shipping from a neighboring state. I think it should be left up to the customer on how long they want to wait to get their order . I'm more prone to be a repeat customer if the shipping prices are reasonable and I get to choose how it ships, first class or priority.
Lastly...just a suggestion but wouldn't it be nice if some vendors would give first time buyers a coupon for whatever % off their next order. I realize some are just getting off the ground and maybe I'm spoiled by other companies but it's always a nice surprise and in my opinion a smart business move. I always check when I receive my order...I'm not letting a 5% or 10%
coupon to go to waste, good way for repeat business.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
I'd like to see better descriptions for juice flavors. Some vendors show no description at all - just the juice name - and I'm not going to buy from them. I need to have a good idea of what they're actually selling.

Ditto...Also would be GREAT if they would inform you if they carry any all VG flavors. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted trying to figure out if they have hidden any VG in their product lines. When I go to a site, first I check out their shipping prices, then their location, if they offer all VG, read the "About Us". The reviews are helpful but since taste IS subjective sometimes your left scratching your head wondering if they really put bacon flavor in there...The vendor is the only one who knows for sure.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I think it would be helpful to include some info on the flavors as to what you (the vendor) have found to be the ohms/volts combo for various flavors. Granted....taste is subjective of course, and it will vary from person to person, but I know for me..a person who is still trying to figure all of that out, I'd love to have a suggestion as a starting point before just randomly tossing some juice in a LR carto for my regular eGo, if has the potential to be one that is better on my Twist at 4.8v.

I think most of our vendors are vapers themselves, and who I would consider to be the "expert" on their juices in particular...so a little suggestion below the flavor description would be helpful. Or perhaps a prompt in the reviews section that encourages other vapers to state what they found to be their preference for that particular juice.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I think it would be helpful to include some info on the flavors as to what you (the vendor) have found to be the ohms/volts combo for various flavors. Granted....taste is subjective of course, and it will vary from person to person, but I know for me..a person who is still trying to figure all of that out, I'd love to have a suggestion as a starting point before just randomly tossing some juice in a LR carto for my regular eGo, if has the potential to be one that is better on my Twist at 4.8v.

I think most of our vendors are vapers themselves, and who I would consider to be the "expert" on their juices in particular...so a little suggestion below the flavor description would be helpful. Or perhaps a prompt in the reviews section that encourages other vapers to state what they found to be their preference for that particular juice.

Exactly! A lot of vendors also suggest ratios to their mixes, if in fact they offer other ratios, and I think that is right in line with suggested vaping circumstances. Granted there are a ton of different approaches, but at least a vendor could state how they prefer or vape it themselves.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
This point is strictly selfish and I don't know how costly it is...but...for those of us that are PG sensitive...Very few vendors offer samplers that I can take advantage of because of the mixture. I have seen a few that offer a option. I end up having to purchase a bottle of each flavor. It's kind of a bummer because there's probably flavors I might have liked but can't afford to order a bottle of each. It kills me because most vendors will send you free samples which I can smell but not vape because too much PG. I did receive an order last week from a vendor that sent me all VG samples...it was GREAT!
So vendors ...if a customer orders all VG juice could you be nice and send all VG freebies...you might be surprised what happens if we can actually vape them, I don't CARE if their 0mg...I just want to TRY them...Thanks!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Exactly! A lot of vendors also suggest ratios to their mixes, if in fact they offer other ratios, and I think that is right in line with suggested vaping circumstances. Granted there are a ton of different approaches, but at least a vendor could state how they prefer or vape it themselves.

Totally! I had actually emailed Mike at Rawr asking what PG/VG ratio he suggested for his juices...which I happened to be ordering the level he suggested anyway...but would still be great to have that info available. Especially for newer vapers who can get so easily overwhelmed by all of the vaping product details and intracacies....on top of then having to figure out and make various decisions when ordering a simple bottle of juice!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
To vendors: If you are going to state you are using "pure," "natural," or "organic" ingredients, you MUST show some type of proof. Whether videos, pictures or certifications, or at the very least some type of clue about what the aforementioned truly means. I don't want to just hear that I will taste the difference; if I will taste the difference, then so be it, but if you will state it, then prove it. If you are not willing to offer some evidence to the truthfulness of your claims, just skip the marketing ploy and call it what it is: eJuice.

Very good read here and I implore you all to read it (including vendors): Natural vs Artificial Flavorings

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
I agree that some vendors need to have better descriptions of flavors. No need to give away the secret formula, but i need a way to know what to expect from a juice. I'm not willing to part with my hard earned money if I don't know what I'm getting...and "this juice is sure to please" is not good enough...

Also, a born on date would be nice. I know a lot of vendors are already doing this, but I think they all should.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I agree that some vendors need to have better descriptions of flavors. No need to give away the secret formula, but i need a way to know what to expect from a juice. I'm not willing to part with my hard earned money if I don't know what I'm getting...and "this juice is sure to please" is not good enough...

Also, a born on date would be nice. I know a lot of vendors are already doing this, but I think they all should.

Great addition to the topic! Some vendors only put an expiration date which does not quite tell me (us) the same thing.

Reactions: opal

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I've always been more apt to buy from vendors that toss in a free 5ml or 10ml bottle with every order. Being new I'm always up for trying new flavors, but since I'm not independently wealthy I can't just toss around my cash to try flavors on a whim.

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
I'd like smaller samples of only a few drops in a packet like sample lotions come in. (Small retailers probably can't do this.) I tried a "tobacco" one that tasted like maple (the guy got the nickname Uncle Pancake) which I did not like and knew it right away. Being new to vaping. 1st I'd like to try the flavor and if I like it I don't mind paying for a small bottle to try.

All the comments on this thread have been excellent. If the small guys don't start doing this, you can bet a big company will come in and they'll be out of business. Not too mention the Gov't.

Reactions: victor6er

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I've always been more apt to buy from vendors that toss in a free 5ml or 10ml bottle with every order. Being new I'm always up for trying new flavors, but since I'm not independently wealthy I can't just toss around my cash to try flavors on a whim.

I second this. Give me samples and I tend to come back. I like the choice of glass bottles, flip top bottles, drip bottles etc. I've held onto some bottles just because i like them and they work better than others. I also appreciate options for larger quantities. At least 120mls.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix

This is a great point as well...specifically for new vapers. It actually gave me an idea for a new thread. It might be a good idea to track which vendors send out samples...and what size, what nic level, pg/vg ratio, etc. So many new vapers are trying to pick vendors, something as simple as knowing they will get a free sample might help their decision making process that much easier. Maybe I'll start it up and see what happens. :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'd like smaller samples of only a few drops in a packet like sample lotions come in. (Small retailers probably can't do this.) I tried a "tobacco" one that tasted like maple (the guy got the nickname Uncle Pancake) which I did not like and knew it right away. Being new to vaping. 1st I'd like to try the flavor and if I like it I don't mind paying for a small bottle to try.

All the comments on this thread have been excellent. If the small guys don't start doing this, you can bet a big company will come in and they'll be out of business. Not too mention the Gov't.

I think that would be super sweet, but highly improbable due to the cost of more packaging and labor. Some vendors go above and beyond, but asking for more would be solely up to them based on their overhead. The samples are designed to be a courtesy, thus not necessarily a profitable option. However, the best way to gain a customer, with so many vendors nowadays, is to let us taste the work.

Vermillion River will send you a free bottle without even being a customer and Ahlusion flat-out asks you to name a flavor that you want to sample and if it is in stock, or not a "special" juice, they will oblige you.

I think every vendor should offer at least a 3 mL sample with a paid order, period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread