Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Lately I have been dealing with some pretty top-notch vendors, so this may not apply to them, but in a sense, food for thought to 'better the presentation' on any vendor site.

I too, would like to see better descriptions of what the customer should expect. Whether it be the suggested pg/vg ratio, or like a few have already mentioned, a little more detail as to what is going into the juices other than '100% natural', or '100% kosher', or what have you. If you do a tobacco extract, well make that clear with what process, and maybe even put some pics or videos on the site giving a high-level overview of the process. Transparency wins with consumers these days.

Some of the names for liquids I have seen out there are totally off the wall from what one would expect. If I were a total noob, I would be really turned off if I received something that I wasn't expecting after seeing some juice names with a weak description of the actual flavor.

Also, do the best job possible at making the bottle labels as presentable as possible, like others have mentioned give the customer something to gauge the age of the liquid, especially when many are into steeping. Making sure the labels are on straight and the bottle is well sealed are other big pluses.

I have only been using e-liquids since 3/12, so I'm quite the noob, but I always hear about sampler bottles being included in orders for first-time buyers, or even heavy buyers. Well, I have seen very little of that. I have ordered e-liquid from approximately 10 different vendors so far, and have only seen ONE sampler bottle thrown into an order. It doesn't have to be a lot, but something that follows what the customer is ordering, and not something totally obtuse. Send a gift of something you think the new, or old, customer will like, but hasn't ordered yet, not something new in the line which you are hoping to 'push'.

I would also like to say that knowing the current status of your order is a big plus. I just ordered from one of the vendors the OP mentions, and they basically keep you up to date with the entire process. Bravo. Now that's the way to do it (I'm sure you know who you are). Keep it up.

Lastly, I peruse a site quite heavily before I make a final checkout, and one of the last things I try to check out is where are you located? I try to anticipate how long it will take to get to my doorstep. It's truly amazing how many vendors make it very difficult to locate that. More so on the hardware end, but have seen it on the liquid end too. Heck, like MsM says, offer some pics of the outfit. Bring the customer in a little closer. Make them feel a bit more 'family' if they want to be. If they don't, they will just pass over it.

Nice idea Mr.Mann

Ok, I'm done for now. :glare:

Reactions: vslush

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
This is a great point as well...specifically for new vapers. It actually gave me an idea for a new thread. It might be a good idea to track which vendors send out samples...and what size, what nic level, pg/vg ratio, etc. So many new vapers are trying to pick vendors, something as simple as knowing they will get a free sample might help their decision making process that much easier. Maybe I'll start it up and see what happens. :)

That was my deciding factor when I was shopping for an Ego Twist. At the time, Vape Dudes was offering a 10ml with the purchase of one. I'm glad they did because I ended up liking the 10ml I got for free rather than the flavor that I ordered. LOL.
I'm not greedy mind you. Just cautious in buying juice. Maybe I'm picky but I've hated or not liked more juice than I've actually liked.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Lately I have been dealing with some pretty top-notch vendors, so this may not apply to them, but in a sense, food for thought to 'better the presentation' on any vendor site.

I too, would like to see better descriptions of what the customer should expect. Whether it be the suggested pg/vg ratio, or like a few have already mentioned, a little more detail as to what is going into the juices other than '100% natural', or '100% kosher', or what have you. If you do a tobacco extract, well make that clear with what process, and maybe even put some pics or videos on the site giving a high-level overview of the process. Transparency wins with consumers these days.

Some of the names for liquids I have seen out there are totally off the wall from what one would expect. If I were a total noob, I would be really turned off if I received something that I wasn't expecting after seeing some juice names with a weak description of the actual flavor.

Also, do the best job possible at making the bottle labels as presentable as possible, like others have mentioned give the customer something to gauge the age of the liquid, especially when many are into steeping. Making sure the labels are on straight and the bottle is well sealed are other big pluses.

I have only been using e-liquids since 3/12, so I'm quite the noob, but I always hear about sampler bottles being included in orders for first-time buyers, or even heavy buyers. Well, I have seen very little of that. I have ordered e-liquid from approximately 10 different vendors so far, and have only seen ONE sampler bottle thrown into an order. It doesn't have to be a lot, but something that follows what the customer is ordering, and not something totally obtuse. Send a gift of something you think the new, or old, customer will like, but hasn't ordered yet, not something new in the line which you are hoping to 'push'.

I would also like to say that knowing the current status of your order is a big plus. I just ordered from one of the vendors the OP mentions, and they basically keep you up to date with the entire process. Bravo. Now that's the way to do it (I'm sure you know who you are). Keep it up.

Lastly, I peruse a site quite heavily before I make a final checkout, and one of the last things I try to check out is where are you located? I try to anticipate how long it will take to get to my doorstep. It's truly amazing how many vendors make it very difficult to locate that. More so on the hardware end, but have seen it on the liquid end too. Heck, like MsM says, offer some pics of the outfit. Bring the customer in a little closer. Make them feel a bit more 'family' if they want to be. If they don't, they will just pass over it.

Nice idea Mr.Mann

Ok, I'm done for now. :glare:

Awesome post!

To vendors: Read TB's post and take it to heart. Just as fast as we (customers) can create a buzz about you, we could just as fast could create a stink (respectfully of course). Actually, the stink that we could create, could be less direct, but more of a don't buy from them, go spend your money there. Of course you will always have die-hards, but scores of members ask for suggestions everyday...what are you doing to get suggested over the rest?

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I'd like to see more vendors accept PayPal as well. I know some ppl that won't order online because they don't want their cc numbers all over. PayPal is safe quick and easy.

I prefer PayPal too. I'm afraid it's PP policy that's messing us up here. Apparently they refuse service for most (not all) e-cig related purchases.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
To vendors: If you are going to allow comments and reviews on your site, would you please post all of them?! Not just the ones that you think are flattering. Many people (including myself) have reported not seeing their reviews after placing it on the site. Stuff like that is a good way to get us to try another vendor.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'd like to see more vendors accept PayPal as well. I know some ppl that won't order online because they don't want their cc numbers all over. PayPal is safe quick and easy.

If you want to use paypal, you will have to order from overseas and wait a long time. It is convenient, but not an option here in the states.

Might also be nice to have a warning for suspect tank crackers (PH is an east test too...)

How hard would it be to place a TC next to the juice. Of course that would only be for certain tanks, so it could get slightly convoluted. Maybe, "this juice has been known to crack some tanks made of plastic?"

Last edited:

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
I want to add Dave from Vermillion to the list of vendors that I mentioned above that are willing to inform, educate, and assist with any questions or concerns.

Vermllion River has great CS..Im planing on going this month..They are only 1 1/2 hr drive away..And Daves welcomes ppl to stop by

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
If you want to use paypal, you will have to order from overseas and wait a long time. It is convenient, but not an option here in the states.

How hard would it be to place a TC next to the juice. Of course that would only be for certain tanks, so it could get slightly convoluted. Maybe, "this juice has been known to crack some tanks made of plastic?"

Empiremods accepts PayPal. Of course they don't have juice either (I don't believe). But the equipment.

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
I've always been more apt to buy from vendors that toss in a free 5ml or 10ml bottle with every order. Being new I'm always up for trying new flavors, but since I'm not independently wealthy I can't just toss around my cash to try flavors on a whim.

I have 1 vendor..That has included 5mil samples..Flavors I never would have tryed..But because of the samples..there are 2 new juices I now order from them..

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I would looooove to see some upfront and forthcoming information on how long the vendor suggests each particular flavor should steep. I've seen some say a sort of general catch-all "let steep for 1 to 2 weeks" for an entire line, but each juice is different, and we all know it. Many vendors have started putting "born on" dates on the bottles, and this is a big step in the right direction. Why not take it one step further?

I understand that vendors don't want put off folks who might prefer a juice right out of the mailer that others prefer after a couple of weeks. That's why I put "suggests" in italics above. Why not put a suggested steeping time range in the description of the juice and/or on the bottle? It seems to me that the risk of losing many first-time customers who try a juice before it is optimally steeped and don't like it off-sets any potential drawback of being direct about steeping time.

I know that if I get one or two juices from a vendor that is new to me that I don't like, I tend to write them off, and I don't always have the patience to find out how long a juice should steep. I also don't like vaping up half of a bottle of juice that I purchased by checking it intermittently before it's steeped to perfection. Also, I know we've all tried a juice and not liked it, and then stuck it in a drawer for 6 months and all of the sudden it was magically good. Wouldn't it be nice to know how long it took to get there? I've considered starting a thread on this issue and talked to a number of people who share my views on this matter.

Vendors: You know what your juices should taste like when they are at their peak because you came up with the recipe and decided at some point that it was worthy of selling to the public. Why not tell us how long it takes to get there? If you still want to withhold this information for some cryptic reason, why not take a poll on your forum or website and then plot the results on a chart and stick it on your site? If you don't want to share your views on how long you think a particular juice should steep, you could collect customer opinions and share the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread