Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
No, they are different prices. "If it fits it ships." Different rates for different sizes.

Ok. Point taken, but both you, and I, have experienced 'superior' shipping methods, no matter how it's done at the finished product. Right? It really irks me to see 'frivolous' spending on the other end, no matter what it is coming to me. Sorry people, just ranting here.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU X'D OUT THAT VENDOR'S NAME.

Vsummer, since there is a more formal area to neg a vendor, I didn't feel this was necessary here. I just wanted to get thoughts because, I remember when this happened to you, and you were {justifiably} very upset. I was very upset. But I decided to wait a few days, calm myself, and then give an objective account.

Since you had to do a similar cleanup, I do not have to tell you that I had to take a bucket of water down to my mailbox as it was pretty wet and sticky. After spending time doing that, I had to place the envelope into a garbage bag, carry it into the house, and start upacking slippery stuff piece by piece. Spent quite some time at the sink, during which time one bottle dropped out of my hand and broke so I lost all that juice.

TBinAZ, this is/was a top notch vendor. Or, so I thought. :)

vsummer, I did not feel that I had to whine too loudly to the vendor, once they saw the photos. :) Since they mix juice, it should have been obvious that this was not a good afternoon for me. (unfortunately, I now realize I should have flipped out....more on that later.....)

Mr. Mann, this was a $50+ juice order, w/a vendor I have spent approx $150 with in 1-1/2 months. The ejuice itself was bubble wrapped. (However, this still does not meet USPS requirements for mailing liquids.) What leaked was a large bottle of pure VG, which came in a large plastic bottle....that bottle was just thrown into the package unwrapped, and not sealed in any kind of liquid-proof baggie. The top flip spout was taped over with scotch tape/mailing tape, which as you know, once that hits gooey, slippery, greasy VG, is about as useful as nothin'.

I had also ordered a piece of hardware, which was also not wrapped, but thrown into that mailer, and of course, it arrived broken since it was knocking around against heavier items in an unpadded envelope.

bottlegeneric.jpg

Of note, I also did not hear directly from the owner of the company after I sent the photos. I heard from CS department who offered to re-send the plain VG and the hardware item that broke. I am still waiting for that since I did not receive tracking.

Since that bothered me, I wrote to the owner directly, merely inquiring if they saw the photos and knew of the situation. Apparently, yes. I received an "we're sorry, we haven't had that bottle leak before and I'm sending you a sample." As I said, I did not feel I had to explain to a juice mixer looking at those photos how much of my afternoon was wasted cleaning up this stuff. I did mention that since sink duty, all my labels were smeared, but there has been no offer to regenerate my order....or anything else. :(

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Bad mouthing a vendor here can get you a timeout. There's a forum for that.

I got that LOL, sorry. I would edit it out, but too late. I just can't believe that this thread was started over Racehorse's problem, and this many posts later we find out that nothing was done about it?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The vendor denies responsibility and places it on the USPS? Nah, I want that vendor's name. BUT as pointed out, this is not that place for that and would be better in another thread.

I maintain that if RH gets no satisfaction then it is up to her to do what she wants. As for me, I've been rung up a couple of times for bad-mouthing suppliers. Again, it doesn't matter a twit what I think of the rules. they are what they are.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Mr. Mann, I'm pretty sure "if it fits it ships" does not apply to liquids. It is one of the questions they ask at the counter when you mail: "fragile, liquid or perishable?" There is a reason for that.

USPS has written regulations for shipping liquids. Apparently, juice vendors need to get in compliance.

The CS for the vendor did ask me to start a claim against USPS since the package was insured. I declined that request, since USPS asks that you save the packaging, etc. Placing insurance on a package if it is packaged incorrectly and outside of USPS regulations does absoutely nothing, and they are certainly not going to take any liability for that. There was no point in filing a claim, and would have just represented more work for me anyway.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Bad mouthing a vendor here can get you a timeout. There's a forum for that.

Bad mouthing a vendor doesn't get you a time out. Being a tool does. If a vendor deserves to be called out they get what they deserve.

In this case outing the vendor would be a service to the community. Blaming the postal service for improperly packaged product is bad form.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
A similar (but far less messy) hazmat spill happened with one of my orders. When brought to the vendor's attention, I got an apology, an immediate complete refill with extras. That would be the minimum acceptable response for me. My particular vendor also immediately examined and changed a shipping practice for all future orders. They were happy I brought it to their attention.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Bad mouthing a vendor doesn't get you a time out. Being a tool does. If a vendor deserves to be called out they get what they deserve.

In this case outing the vendor would be a service to the community. Blaming the postal service for improperly packaged product is bad form.

I appreciate you clarifying that. Seriously.

Now RH, tell us the name! :D

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
WAS DENIED any sort of compensation.

Well, I wouldn't say "ANY SORT". They have offered to resend the bottle of VG that broke, and the hardware that broke.

ETA: and that it would be packaged better. :p

I'm just waiting an extra week or so to get it, i.e., what I ordered in the first place.

For my dissappointment and maid duty, I guess I"m on my own. A sample was mentioned. Can't say as I haven't received a package yet.

I could never swap the juice now as you can't read the labels after they had to have a BATH, so I typed out new labels for everything.

I live in a very small town and certainly did not want to file a claim w.USPS or bring to anyone's attention, as I am not sure my carrier will want to continue delivering to me. I'm sure his hands were covered with this stuff when he had to place it in my box.

I guess people just do not realize that a few of these incidents, USPS WILL stop delivering ejuice. It's going to come to their attention, just like people who were shipping non media items using Media Mail. As you know, in Wisconsin and other states, they can demand that you open the box at mailing, or they WILL inspect any and all mail marked MEDIA, if they so desire.

As a matter of fact, I saw this at my PO today. A guy sent an ebay buyer a set of chrome wheels for his car.........and used Media Mail. They were "holding" this big box, outside the postmaster's office.........waiting for the guy to come get it. He is gonna have to pay full postge to get it......and that's gonna be real expensive. I imagine the ebay seller will get shut down, or worse, brought up on mail fraud charges with USPS.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Thank you for clearing that up. I've been rung up twice. One time I deserved it (direct from the vendor owner). The other time I don't think I did (from ECF). Oh well. This isn't a perfect world. Going forward, I will not refrain from criticizing a vendor but will exercise care in not being a "tool" about it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A similar (but far less messy) hazmat spill happened with one of my orders. When brought to the vendor's attention, I got an apology, an immediate complete refill with extras. That would be the minimum acceptable response for me. My particular vendor also immediately examined and changed a shipping practice for all future orders. They were happy I brought it to their attention.

And I think this is how most of the incidents would turn out.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I've seen the same with my last few orders from a few other vendors, and I applaud that. I honestly don't care how long it takes me to get to the good stuff, as long as I know it's in one piece.

Edit: I really wish it was right to name a few names here, because it's deserved. I hope you know who you are... restated, I'm sure you know who you are. :)

I wish I had taken pictures of my last order from Wizard Labs. They would serve as an example of proper packaging for hazardous liquids. In fact I actually was slightly annoyed at how much work it took to get to the product :lol:

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I wish I had taken pictures of my last order from Wizard Labs. They would serve as an example of proper packaging for hazardous liquids. In fact I actually was slightly annoyed at how much work it took to get to the product :lol:

They are smart.

What do you think would happen if 36, 48, 60 or 100% concentrated nic solution, diluted in VG or PG, drips onto USPS workers / carriers?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Got it! Thanks for the clarification! I feel so much better now knowing. No tool, but school is in session. The man has spoken and we all can name names, but go about it in the correct way. (This should be interesting!!!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread